Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Playing it safe or getting someone to watch the kids?

Our 1 year is in November, we still haven't had our honeymoon because of COVID, mulling ideas...

Mother in law (who is awesome) is in town to watch the kids. Wife and I are having our first meal out since January. Officina at the Wharf. 

I have a blockbuster surprise for Mrs PB planned. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Mother in law (who is awesome) is in town to watch the kids. Wife and I are having our first meal out since January. Officina at the Wharf. 

That gives me hope, she been saying she wanted to eat a rooftop resturant, open air sounds reasonable, and there's at least 3 in DC.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That gives me hope, she been saying she wanted to eat a rooftop resturant, open air sounds reasonable, and there's at least 3 in DC.

Yea, I originally got a reservation at Kinship, our favorite place, but it is indoors. We talked about it and decided we should do something outside, so went with Officna. 

image.jpeg.e0a10ca95b9f4db14bbc8b1df35a03f3.jpeg

Edited by PleaseBlitz

On 8/23/2020 at 12:18 PM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

The best miniseries ever is Band of Brothers.

Change my mind.

Love Band of Brothers, have read most of the books Ambrose has written, and thought the miniseries was groundbreaking.  Love it 100%.

The best miniseries of all time, however, is Roots.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You ****s let this fall to the 2nd page.  Shame on you.

I mean, I can't carry yall forever...

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Essentially everything Netflix produced is a miniseries. 7 to 14 hours per series.

I'm not a fan of their format either, lol. It's what makes it so hard keeping up interest, getting 8-10 ep's then waiting at least a year for the next season.  It drives me crazy, but you tend to accept the tradeoff of quality>quantity.

I think they are best when you are just turned on to a show, then are able to binge multiple seasons. OG Penny Dreadful (Showtime) was probably the worst. It ran for 3 seasons and I don't think they even hit 30 ep's.

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The Rob Lowe one?

Yeah, that one. Donald Sutherland was in it, too. I like dark and gloomy stories.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

24 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, that one. Donald Sutherland was in it, too. I like dark and gloomy stories.

When I was growing up, whenever I had a book report and the book wasn't assigned (meaning you could pick the book) I did it on Salem's Lot.  I must've done 8 book reports on it. :ols:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Love Band of Brothers, have read most of the books Ambrose has written, and thought the miniseries was groundbreaking.  Love it 100%.

The best miniseries of all time, however, is Roots.  

Yeesh.  That's a good call.  Tough.

14 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm not a fan of their format either, lol. It's what makes it so hard keeping up interest, getting 8-10 ep's then waiting at least a year for the next season.  It drives me crazy, but you tend to accept the tradeoff of quality>quantity.

I think they are best when you are just turned on to a show, then are able to binge multiple seasons. OG Penny Dreadful (Showtime) was probably the worst. It ran for 3 seasons and I don't think they even hit 30 ep's.

I think of them as one giant 10 hour movie.  The production style usually has the same cinematic feel.  Band of Brothers is basically the quiet big brother of Saving Private Ryan.  Spielberg and Hanks produced it, but it's about the paratroopers who dropped behind enemy lines in Normandy, instead of the beach landing troops.  A+.