Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

2020 can kiss my ass. 

We just celebrated a month or so ago that he was cancer free for a year. It has gone to his lungs now. 2 baby girls...3 and 6. 

Tears on my face.

I'm sick of this ****.

Doc, if you want to rap, get in touch. 

Sorry for the rant.

Lakers willwin tonight, by at least 7.

43 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

My dad has passed away. I wish I had more time with him. I’m grateful and lucky he raised me. Even when we argued he was always kind and he worried about me more than I could I imagine. He was kind in that way. He worried about everyone. He did everything for his family. 

Sounds like a great man.  Sorry brother.  All of us are here for you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Women are going topless in nature as part of growing trend across Colorado

No one is sure exactly how the trend of removing your top on the summit of a mountain and getting a photo taken of your bare back to share on social media started, but this summer the trend seems to be exploding among female hikers in Colorado.

south-arapahoe.jpg

Mirror-Lake.jpg

zion.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

Not All Viruses Are Bad For You. Here Are Some That Can Have a Protective Effect

Viruses are mostly known for their aggressive and infectious nature.

It's true, most viruses have a pathogenic relationship with their hosts – meaning they cause diseases ranging from a mild cold to serious conditions like severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). They work by invading the host cell, taking over its cellular machinery and releasing new viral particles that go on to infect more cells and cause illness.

But they're not all bad. Some viruses can actually kill bacteria, while others can fight against more dangerous viruses. So like protective bacteria (probiotics), we have several protective viruses in our body.

Protective 'phages'
Bacteriophages (or "phages") are viruses that infect and destroy specific bacteria. They're found in the mucus membrane lining in the digestive, respiratory and reproductive tracts.

Phages have attracted renewed interest as we continue to see the rise of drug resistant infections. Recently, a teenager in the United Kingdom was reportedly close to death when phages were successfully used to treat a serious infection that had been resistant to antibiotics.

Beneficial viral infections
Viral infections at a young age are important to ensure the proper development of our immune systems. In addition, the immune system is continuously stimulated by systemic viruses at low levels sufficient to develop resistance to other infections.

Some viruses we come across protect humans against infection by other pathogenic viruses.

For example, latent (non-symptomatic) herpes viruses can help human natural killer cells (a specific type of white blood cell) identify cancer cells and cells infected by other pathogenic viruses.

In another example, noroviruses were shown to protect the gut of mice when they were given antibiotics. The protective gut bacteria that were killed by the antibiotics made the mice susceptible to gut infections. But in the absence of good bacteria, these noroviruses were able to protect their hosts.

Click on the link for the full article

4 hours ago, China said:

Women are going topless in nature as part of growing trend across Colorado

No one is sure exactly how the trend of removing your top on the summit of a mountain and getting a photo taken of your bare back to share on social media started, but this summer the trend seems to be exploding among female hikers in Colorado.

I am okay with this trend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Carolina Kitchen (fried fish, yams and mac n' cheese)

tenor.gif

You convinced me. I'll have my grandkids on Sunday & will poison them accordingly!  

(We're socially distancing a picnic pizza thing.)

I'm excited, too. (dat boy could dance!)

Man I am digging this sample of Fall the mid-west has been bringing.  Always feel like it's time to start scrimmages in football.  Some of the best times I had growing up were football scrimmages against teams you know you'd face in the season, playoffs and then that one squad that we figured we'd play in the championship.  No chalk markings, just 4 cones on each end of a baseball outfield to mark endzones.  We'd go hard, I had some absolute wars in scrimmages.  We were trying to beat up and demoralize each other for our later meatings.

Then we'd run wind sprints.  😳