Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

58 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm getting a new computer tomorrow...I'm so excited. 🙆‍♀️

Been looking at some the past few days.

The one I have now is so outdated. Not even powerful enough to run certain screensavers. Gotta round up some decent $. These prices are crazy.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Gonna ruin the winter, too. Thankfully, there will be less of a need for others to go outside. Thanksgiving is gonna be interesting 

Yeah the fiancee and I are actually trying to just get away during Thanksgiving. Maybe go somewhere warm but secluded.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Been looking at some the past few days.

The one I have now is so outdated. Not even powerful enough to run certain screensavers. Gotta round up some decent $. These prices are crazy.

If you can make it a few more months, I'd hold off for some Black Friday sales. Should be able to get you something decent somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah the fiancee and I are actually trying to just get away during Thanksgiving. Maybe go somewhere warm but secluded.

For me it depends on how *certain events* play out. If all goes well, I should be in Miami. If not, then I'll probably be here, not gonna feel like going anywhere.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Gonna ruin the winter, too. Thankfully, there will be less of a need for others to go outside. Thanksgiving is gonna be interesting 

I'm still wondering how Halloween will happen (or if).  I can't see sending my kid to strangers' houses even if everybody is wearing a mask.

• Like 1

You know how sometimes you whiff on a band for your entire life up until a point where you find a song that floors you?  Like Little Feat, for me, was discovered in my late 20s.  "Fat Man in the Bathtub" is an absolute crusher.  Especially live.

Always knew The Cult was a classic band, but yesterday I listened to "Fire Woman" 10 times.  Sick.  Awesome radio song.  More recommendations please.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Always knew The Cult was a classic band, but yesterday I listened to "Fire Woman" 10 times.  Sick.  Awesome radio song.  More recommendations please.

A band I hung out with in Jax many years ago did an amazing cover of The Cult's "Wildflower". 🙂

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

For me it depends on how *certain events* play out. If all goes well, I should be in Miami. If not, then I'll probably be here, not gonna feel like going anywhere.

We wanted to go to Miami for Labor Day Weekend but that plan obviously went into the dumpster.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We wanted to go to Miami for Labor Day Weekend but that plan obviously went into the dumpster.

I'll be driving my 85 yo father to Florida in October.  That way he doesn't have to get on a plane or train with a bunch of people.  Not thrilled at the prospect of hanging out in corona central, but he needs to go back for some doctors appointments and other things, then we'll come back.  At least I'll get to get outside on the beach (it's sparsely populated) for a bit.

• Like 1

Joe Rogan podcast moving to Spotify has me worried.  He had a 5.2 hour podcast the other day with Trussell.  Two times longer than normal.  Think it was his last podcast ever in LA.  Moving to Texas? Wouldn't think my man would move there.  I really hope it stays as-relevant, or better.  Greatest media platform show ever.  By far.  Easily.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll