Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

5 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

^

And to the vast majority to farts in the wind, that is probably 100x more viewed than the Dennis Chambers vid I just posted.  Goes to show you the average musicianship in people.  God damn.  ****ing watermelon?  Kill yourself.

Aw, come on...I knew a lady who could play wine glasses, sleigh bells, and another lady who could do every John Philip Souza march on a comb. No ****. 

Now is the time for creativity. 

(And I watched your vid.) 😁👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Using gimmicks signals a complete lack of creativity..

Well see...I didn't watch watermelon man. So the only person who sees the gimmick are the clickers. The ladies I spoke of I actually knew, and we've been without them for a couple decades now. True pioneers, to me, a musician. 😉

6 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

^

And to the vast majority to farts in the wind, that is probably 100x more viewed than the Dennis Chambers vid I just posted.  Goes to show you the average musicianship in people.  God damn.  ****ing watermelon?  Kill yourself.

Seems angry

why not just enjoy 

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn, seemed like yesterday he was talking about getting the news he was gonna be a dad

They're all good, FIL is better but still on oxygen, that's actually a good thing. He texted me all through today, they're having a spike in covid cases in their county so staying put. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

You do : )

You still working on your masters? 

Yeah I do haha. It is mostly the commitment thing.

Yes I am, final paper due Monday. Thanks for asking. Only taking one class next quarter, need a little break from the whole Zoom learning. Gonna go back to Maryland for a few weeks, help the fam out and learn from home. Hopefully will start my clinical training when I get back to California. 

• Like 2

I received some good news a couple weeks ago but it finally came through today for real and I wanted to share it with you guys.

I got hired! Weeks into the school year, I got hired. And not just for any old job, but a really good, salaried career job that I actually want. 

The job is tough. I'm gonna be teaching English in a dropout recovery program for young adults 16-24 trying to get their life on track. They go to learn a trade, get a full diploma instead of a GED and really make something of themselves. The class sizes are only 10-15 students each, which is amazing, and they run off their own curriculum so I don't have to get bogged down in lesson planning. I get to make a direct impact on the economy instead of teaching kids who only understand the value of education in the abstract. The age range/experience level is exactly what I wanted and because their curriculum is online they won't be forcing us into the classroom immediately. Benefits are really good too and HR was generous enough to move me up the pay scale for experience I couldn't quite fulfill. Basically slid me 5k a year.

And all this in the middle of a pandemic and economic crisis. Thank God for my wife telling me to stop crying, get off the couch and be active. I pretty much gave up, honestly. No interviews for months and then the stars lined up at the 11th hour after an application I sent out on a whim at 5 AM. You guys know full well how depressed and beleaguered I've been for the past 6 months, how low I got. Things have been really heating up in my neighborhood; someone came through and lit up a carport down the road from my place just a month ago. A close friend of mine got robbed at gunpoint a couple weeks ago like 10 minutes from my place. It's time to get my wife and daughter out of here and now I finally get to contribute. 

Also, I sprung for Moet tonight and bought new Adidas. 👌

Stay in the fight, gang. Don't give up on yourselves. I actually did but was fortunate enough to have friends that picked me up. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 10

On 9/3/2020 at 12:34 PM, The Evil Genius said:

I think the bottom one is Eric Davis. Monster years for the Reds. 

Edit nevermind..ED's first 6 years HR and SB stats are better.

Here's a hint:  two of these players each won 4 batting titles during this 6 year block.  The other two players each won a single batting title.  So these four players accounting for 10 out of the 12 batting titles during this 6 year block (6 in both the NL and AL).

Currently reading The Second Sleep by Robert Harris and had to look up what the title referenced. I had no idea that society used to have a first sleep/second sleep cycle.

https://www.sciencealert.com/humans-used-to-sleep-in-two-shifts-maybe-we-should-again

Humans Used to Sleep in Two Shifts, And Maybe We Should Do It Again

MELINDA JACKSON AND SIOBHAN BANKS

4 APRIL 2018

Around a third of the population have trouble sleeping, including difficulties maintaining sleep throughout the night.

While nighttime awakenings are distressing for most sufferers, there is some evidence from our recent past that suggests this period of wakefulness occurring between two separate sleep periods was the norm.

Throughout history, there have been numerous accounts of segmented sleep, from medical texts, to court records and diaries, and even in African and South American tribes, with a common reference to "first" and "second" sleep.

Throughout history, there have been numerous accounts of segmented sleep, from medical texts, to court records and diaries, and even in African and South American tribes, with a common reference to "first" and "second" sleep.

In Charles Dickens' Barnaby Rudge (1840), he writes:

"He knew this, even in the horror with which he started from his first sleep, and threw up the window to dispel it by the presence of some object, beyond the room, which had not been, as it were, the witness of his dream."

Anthropologists have found evidence that during preindustrial Europe, bi-modal sleeping was considered the norm. Sleep onset was determined not by a set bedtime, but by whether there were things to do.

Historian A. Roger Ekirch's book At Day's Close: Night in Times Past describes how households at this time retired a couple of hours after dusk, woke a few hours later for one to two hours, and then had a second sleep until dawn.

During this waking period, people would relax, ponder their dreams, or have sex. Some would engage in activities like sewing, chopping wood, or reading, relying on the light of the moon or oil lamps.

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Today’s workout was called “Karen” so you just know it was gonna be a pain in the ass. 

Karen came to my job today, and then a few minutes later, Mr. Blonde showed up.  He was real arrogant, and asked a barking dog if it was going to bark all day "little doggy".  I wanted to chop his ear off, like he's probably done to somebody before.  I was MADSEN.

• Haha 1