Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

I got banned from a popular social media site (FB) for reposting an image I originally saw on FB!  Go figure.

I also got a perma-ban from BGO so I returned here.  It's only natural to post on this site as I often visit nfl.com, which leads me here.

On 2/22/2020 at 7:09 AM, CrypticVillain said:

Think my only ban was back in 2013 after the playoff game against Seattle. I just wanted to blow off some steam. I needed a week off anyway.

Edited by Skinned Aussie
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t leave my house all weekend. It was glorious. I was able to replace some outdoor light fixtures I got a few weeks ago off amazon and I cleaned/organized my garage. Theirs just something about having a clean organized garage that makes you feel productive. 

On 3/2/2020 at 5:04 AM, Skinned Aussie said:

I got banned from a popular social media site (FB) for reposting an image I originally saw on FB!  Go figure.

I also got a perma-ban from BGO so I returned here.  It's only natural to post on this site as I often visit nfl.com, which leads me here.

So. You need to stay clear of RTT2. Don't bring that bad juju in here. 

On 3/2/2020 at 2:02 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Just got back from the Post Malone show in Greensboro. 

that **** was awesome. He is a hell of an entertainer and the atmosphere was electric. Basically just 20,000 people singing along and dancing the entire night. 

IMG_8338.MOV

Post Malone basically burned his boats when he got face tats. Either be successful or you're unemployable the rest of your life. 

• Haha 1

My son & I just had the most incredible 9 course meal cooked by Peter Chang at his restaurant in Scotts Addition in RVA (near the Redskins training camp). Wine was provided by Williamsburg Winery as part of the Virginia Wine Festival. Already have it marked on my calendar for next year. 

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

My son & I just had the most incredible 9 course meal cooked by Peter Chang at his restaurant in Scotts Addition in RVA (near the Redskins training camp). Wine was provided by Williamsburg Winery as part of the Virginia Wine Festival. Already have it marked on my calendar for next year. 

Thats my neighborhood!  

Numbing fish for the win!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Is anybody from the original band even still there? I remember when they performed at Super Bowl 43 pre-game, and did a double take when I saw the tiny Asian guy

Until yesterday, it was essentially still all original members and the new singer.  Fairly remarkable for a band that’s been around since 1975.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Until yesterday, it was essentially still all original members and the new singer.  Fairly remarkable for a band that’s been around since 1975.

Dean Castellano played drums for a while till a sexual assault charge, iirc. One of Yngwie's former singers did a tour...but Arnel won the karaoke competition of a lifetime. 🤩

Damn, I hated reading that. Even though they were wrong, I think they were trying to protect themselves from Paula White. 🤣

8 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Dean Castellano played drums for a while till a sexual assault charge, iirc. One of Yngwie's former singers did a tour...but Arnel won the karaoke competition of a lifetime. 🤩

Damn, I hated reading that. Even though they were wrong, I think they were trying to protect themselves from Paula White. 🤣

Randy Jackson from American Idol held down the bass for a few years too.  So, they’ve had dudes in and out over the years...but that classic core with Smith/Valory had been back in the fold for almost a decade.

Which was nice cause those guys, Smith in particular, are really, really, really good at music stuff.

Oh well, wheel in the sky keeps on turning...

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2020 at 6:57 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

Is anybody from the original band even still there? I remember when they performed at Super Bowl 43 pre-game, and did a double take when I saw the tiny Asian guy

Neal Schon and Ross Valory both played on album #1, so I'm a little surprised that only Schon is credited as the only "founding" member.  The first album is distinctly different from the later pop-rock stuff. If you have a taste for jazz-rock, give it a try.  it's an oldie but a goodie!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Until yesterday, it was essentially still all original members and the new singer. 

Not quite.. Album #1 was...

Neal Schon - Lead guitar

George Tickner - Rhythm guitar

Greg Rolie - Keyboards

Ross Valory - Bass

Aynsley Dunbar - Drums

Edited by FuriousD

Sent out 10 teaching applications this week and got 3 responses back with only 1 outright rejection. That's a relief because it means my resume/cover letter doesn't need much tweaking. I have a couple interviews next week, so that will keep me busy. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 8:23 AM, skinsmarydu said:

Do you know which of Yngwie's vocalists?  Mats Leven went on do sing for another band I'd been quite fond of.