Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

20 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Which one of you broke the forums yesterday?

it always happens when someone from the wft front office reads the mod thread

then they find out who tso is and become aware of his....connections...and back off every time

rick had the other mods on conference call and told them he'd have to rely on smoke signals to communicate with me

but in reality my gibbs-era flip phone is able to decode human voices and rick is the designated dual-function communicator---he has the ability to speak on a phone as well as text on it

wft efforts to improve the state of morale of the fanbase (which is going fairly well i think) takes a little hit when they continue to miss paying their bill to keep this site up and rick had to inform them, which is usually a grind, and wait

but you know, it's only their official message board where many of the most longtime diehard fans are still loyally supporting and discussing the team all year long  of in spite of 20 years of pretty much garbage :rolleyes:

@tshile i posted in the mod thread that after all the years of being mr. no social media, i---in the form of my nom de plume here---hear of my light being shone across the twitterverse....does anyone here know how to tell how many minions...what 's the term?---followers---i already have?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Not sure about followers, but you have at least one obsessive fan lol...

What did you do this time, Jumbo?

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 7.12.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 7.13.21 AM.png

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 7.12.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 7.13.21 AM.png

B7A4ED61-4D11-4228-831F-33FCFAA4FCBD.gif

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I guarantee whoever that clown was 1. Didn't read the forum rules, 2. Didn't read the room. 3. Acted out, 4. Didn't respond to mod intervention. Possibly in that order! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

@Califan007

he thinks i banned him for his politics but of course he's wrong

i banned him for his race (he finished last) and for his religion (i could see that he didn't have a prayer)

i'll be here all week!!!! ---unless they don't pay the bill again---and remember to tip your servers!

rod.jpg

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I guarantee whoever that clown was 1. Didn't read the forum rules, 2. Didn't read the room. 3. Acted out, 4. Didn't respond to mod intervention. Possibly in that order! 

Someone said the same complaint (about the mods in general) back in like 2007 or whenever...said it on some barely-read site like he was an investigative journalist. Only the claim back then was "They ban you if you say anything negative about Dan Snyder"...I spit my coffee out all over my monitor lol.

Edited by Califan007
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I had wondered what had happened to Kilmer. 

just for the record (and it was done right in full view of the forum)  neither kilmer nor twa were permabanned from es or even the tailgate

what did happen was each received tk's 'restricted from the tailgate' setting (at different times) and the duration of that setting is open on each case, depending on how the recipient responds (wotta concept)

all those guys had to do was show a willingness to involve themselves a bit more in why the community exists (for wft fans to post on wft football) and take a bit of a break from their political gaming shtick and their propensity for outright, even admitted, trolling in a rather routine manner from subtle to obvious

aside from agrees/disagree views-wise, i personally liked stuff about both guys and i hope both are well, but i also could go on about the negatives that were part of the deal, es-wise

they were already a grind for several of the og mods when i arrived here, and they remained a grind from various mods and members over time, tho twa really did pick up some hints a few years back and began posting a lot more in non-political threads and treating the community (which is what we call it) like it mattered as a community

still, rather than be 'forced' to post only on football (horrors!) for awhile and accept the restriction (or repression/censorship as he and kilmer may see it) they decided to remove themselves entirely

over the years a number of  mods who volunteer their time to do this wondered why a couple of guys who don't even participate in the football discussions but live in tailgate to espouse their political visions as their main drive, often treating much of the community with derision (that was more kilmer in later years) in the process and pushing the rule 5 & 12  envelopes rather routinely, were still here

it's because for the last 10-12 years at minimum, as a norm, es mods have well thought out and rational reasons for the actions they take

except martin c. who is typically driven by intense and widespread hostility

• Like 5
  • Haha 1