Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

20 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Any relation to this seagull that just sat on my hood for 10 minutes staring at me and squawking?

I thought it was trying to tell me that it was my spirit animal. I figured it’d be that or a raccoon.

248B95ED-2324-44CF-9E5A-670E565F496E.thumb.jpeg.431cae670a7f8a87cbb612fdb4eee88c.jpeg.c9ad2cbb0ac11a78db678c52539172d3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

34 minutes ago, Chew said:

The hell with that lovey dovey stuff, give me the carnage.  

I guess it's an anxiety thing.

Knowing it's a true story and how afraid those people must have been... Ugh

And the scenes of children passengers and the old couple in bed as the water is coming in? 

image.gif.d5a887752997c5cebbf15a6ab2a229ea.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't understand how you blind people* get through life.  I just fixed my daughter's glasses.  I have 20/10 vision and it was a challenge to replace the screw in her glasses.  For some reason it came with a washer (microscopic such that it was), that my daughter miraculously managed not to lose.  Getting that tiny screw and washer in place with the arm was a challenge for me with my excellent vision and a magnifying glass.  I can't imagine trying to fix your own glasses when you can't wear them to see what you're doing.

*people who need glasses

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/4/2021 at 1:40 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Lawyers are people too.

Fun fact:  the guitarist for Blind Melon is now a BigLaw attorney.  https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/after_a_career_change_blind_melon_guitarist_is_a_biglaw_lawyer/

Blind Melon by virtue of one song that isn't complete garbage > Van Halen

Serious question, did you become a lawyer because you love law, or because it pays a lot of money?

Blind Melon???  Either you're trolling, or you used to smoke too much weed, and screw peoples' lives up now because they smoked weed.  Wtf.  Eddie has more talent in his left hand than that entire band.

I'm expecting Meg White > Tony Williams at this point.  Yeah, look him up.  I know you have to.

13 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

One more Applebees commercial and I might just wind up in a place I haven't seen since '97.

Jail?

An insane asylum?

Inside an Applebees?

Inquiring minds want to know.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Finally getting a vacation.

Same.  This is my last shift before a 6-day vacation.  First one in around 3 years.  I dunno why I do this to myself.

The vacation hours I didn't take went on to my credit acct...so my dogs' dentals, vaccs, everything...were free.

Still.  I'm smoked.  Burn-out was a long time ago.  Been going thru the motions for too long.  I'm still the best, even at 50%.  Not bragging.  It's brutal.  I have like 30 animals that died that I have barely even cried about.  A PTSD episode just happened, regarding them.  I expect it'll happen more this week.  Not to be a Debbie Downer.

Knowing I won't be at work is tearing me up.  I realize now that it's an addiction.

I need to regenerate.  Sorry if I've been irritable lately.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

The Vegas Golden Knights have some of the ****tiest uniforms...how does that happen when they're a brand new team? They look like they were designed by some amateur using NHL 07. It's sad when their reverse retro looks better than anything else they've trotted out :ols: 

image.thumb.png.b19f0ddb4825da1e0b5369bfe4c62687.png

This is the same team that had Medieval Times do a big show before each of their playoff games.  Be thankful the players aren't decked out in armor.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Same.  This is my last shift before a 6-day vacation.  First one in around 3 years.  I dunno why I do this to myself.

The vacation hours I didn't take went on to my credit acct...so my dogs' dentals, vaccs, everything...were free.

Still.  I'm smoked.  Burn-out was a long time ago.  Been going thru the motions for too long.  I'm still the best, even at 50%.  Not bragging.  It's brutal.  I have like 30 animals that died that I have barely even cried about.  A PTSD episode just happened, regarding them.  I expect it'll happen more this week.  Not to be a Debbie Downer.

Knowing I won't be at work is tearing me up.  I realize now that it's an addiction.

I need to regenerate.  Sorry if I've been irritable lately.

I don’t have the energy to describe the last 2 days or so.  Instead I’m just going to copy my wife’s post.  It describes it well enough.  We are good now though I think.

Our 36 hour saga. 

We get everything all packed up, slides in, ready to go. Head over to the hotel we were going to stay in so all we had to do watch hitch and go early Sunday morning. 

Pulled in kitchen slide, forgot to knock off water on roof. Literally have a cascading waterfall coming in dumping on floor and leather sofa. Thankful for shop vacs. 

Hotel was a hot mess. Third floor, elevator broken. People partying in room next door (it was 6pm). Plastic bag around fire detector. Whole place smelled like a wet dirty ash tray and the marijuana. We walked right back down to lobby, canceled. Check in chick didn’t even bat an eye. Clearly this happens frequently. 

Go back to camper. Pop out slides. Get Taco Bell for dinner. Sleep in living room as stuff already packed on bed. 

Wake up. Starbucks run as Buzz packs the RV back up. Hook up the hitch. Hit the road. Drive is ineventful. 

Get to our campground. Keep in mind this was like the 16 place we called that had an opening because EVERYTHING IS BOOKED SOLID. 

Get to our spot. Power pole is bad. One leg throwing out 70. Heck no I am not hooking up my expensive RV on that. Call their manager. “What is the read out supposed to be”?  Fuuuuuuuuuuuuudge, this isn’t good. Manager comes over and he looks at it for a minute. My phone drops off post. Cracks my iPhone screen. 

Meanwhile I’m calling everywhere hoping a son story will somehow magically get vacancy at the booked campgrounds. No one is even open. It’s after 6 on a Sunday. 

Buzz remembers he saw on FB that the Margaritaville RV had their soft opening Friday. FB says open til 7. I call number “office closed”. We google and google, Buzz finds another number. Someone answers. She says come on over. 

We head over, it’s soft opening so computers are a mess. But they save the day nd open a spot that wasn’t even “open” and we’re in!

Back in the RV. Leveler screen won’t turn on. Nothing. Dead. Finished. Means we can NOT take the RV off the truck. Truck and RV together means we are sticking in road. 

2 hours and 5 people later, we find a tiny white ground wire had slipped off in a tiny compartment. We are in business. 

Slides out and unpack truck. Send Buzz to walk Molly cuz I can tell he’s at his wits end. 

Hook up cable and water. Turn on water. Grab some more stuff from truck and outside. Take it in RV. Realize the water faucet was on. Had filled the sink. Was just about to flood over counter but found in time. Keep in mind we pack stuff in sink so that was all soaked. Bye bye cute salt grinder. 

Head to bedroom, realize that slide is not all the way out. Try to fix, see if anything stuck. Nothing. 

Find Buzz walking Molly, break the bad news. Troubleshoot together. Realize it is an easy fix, 3 shoes were jammed underneath. 

9+ hours on road. 
2 campgrounds. 
3 hours in the heat climbing in tiny RV compartments. 

But we did it all with no fighting, no tears, and a lot of lessons learned. 

I ❤ Buzz 

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

This is the same team that had Medieval Times do a big show before each of their playoff games.  Be thankful the players aren't decked out in armor.

And they ripped off the Sharks entrance from Day 1. There is nothing original about that franchise. 

-----

Wife is slowly making it through the Jason Statham catalog. Watched Transporter 2 last night.

Holy **** I had forgotten how bad that sequel was. The first one, decent action flick. This one,  wtf? Rush job? No money for anything other than bad special effects? 

Edited by The Evil Genius