Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Everyone talks about McGuire, Sosa and Bonds taking steroids.

The most obvious sh*t ever is an MMA fighter named Alistair Overeem.  He went from skinny, to yolked out of his mind, to skinny-fat because of commission testing.  He was coming-down off of his steroid loading when he destroyed Brock Lesnar.

Dude was so yolked at his peak that he beat the best heavyweight kickboxer in the world with hardly any defensive technique.  It's ALMOST like if Jon Jones injected roids so much that he could blitz Tyson Fury.

****ing ridiculous.

5 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Lars Ulrich is the most underrated drummer ever, by far.  People like to make fun of him...buncha Roger Eberts.  Dude is a little pitbull.

People (rightfully imo) make fun of Lars because of his view on Napster and online music sharing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

People (rightfully imo) make fun of Lars because of his view on Napster and online music sharing. 

I can speak for the musician world when I say, Lars is made fun-of for his deliberate approach to drumming.  Oftentimes sounding amature, so to speak.  He and Ringo Starr are the posterboys in that regard.  I hate it.  They are both badasses.

Switching to genuine vanilla bean powder makes everything taste so much better than using vanilla extract.

Alex Van Halen is a mediocre drummer at best.

Andy Fraser is maybe the best bass player nobody ever heard of, and Paul Rodgers is the greatest rock singer ever.

The live version of Fat Old Sun on Live at Gdansk is epic and one of Gilmour's best guitar solos.

Women in bell bottom jeans and boots are sexy.

Diana Rigg was the premier Bond girl. If Sean Connery had done On Her Majesty's Secret Service, it not only would have been the finest Bond movie, it would be one of the best movies ever made.

T2 and Aliens are good, but Godfather 2 is still the greatest sequel ever made. The old VHS Godfather Epic is incredible, mainly because the DeNiro scenes are fantastic.

4 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Alex Van Halen is a mediocre drummer at best.

For his approach, using almost all-single strokes and no ghost notes, he is very good.  I'm sure he could loosen up his grip and play jazzier, funkier stuff, but it's not what the music asked for.  It needed a forceful drummer and he delivered.  Very good drummer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

The RTT 2 is the worst sequel ever.

Here y'all armchair critics go...learn to play this, then speak.  Jesus friggin Christ.  Embarrassing.

Kirked :rofl89:

414113253_200(2).gif.da77ad64ebffa92b25657d8552ebf6c9.gif

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Thats every influential musician.  Bowie, for all his greatness, inspired legions of horrible, pompous new-wave fashion popster doofuses.

Thats just the way it works.

OK, if your argument is that they are influential by virtue of being famous, and not that they don't, in fact, suck big fat donkey balls, I'm good with it.