Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

37 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Why does the capitol building in our nation's capital have two different spellings?

Is it just to mess with people's heads?

They both come from the same root (Latin word for head). Capitol with an 'o' is specifically named after a temple to Jupiter that was on the Capitoline Hill.

(No, I did not just Google it and go to dictionary.com, stop accusing me of such things.)

• Haha 3

So the manager that does my QA gave me almost perfect score last month which exempts me from QAs.  The standard is like 90 out of 100.  All of sudden I get a QA request and I’m like umm what?  And they say you have to get another one.  I’m like are you serious?  I got a near perfect I’m exempt.  They said they can make exceptions for suspicion you may do bad after.  Note this is the managers last day in my dept and she’s giving me a QA. And she’s going around the policy to try to score me again.

AND I got basically the same score again

3F76E7F9-FD8C-462E-9460-FB20EEED196B.gif

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Damn that first Mortal Kombat movie still slaps!

Hmm.  I remember it as being universally disliked...one of the prime examples of video games-to-movies being less than good.  I would watch it for a while and change the channel.  The good guy gang vs bad guy gang pissed me off.  Shoulda been a Bloodsport type tournie for a ribbon or something.

Van Damm as Guile in Street Fighter tho.  That was Oscar-worthy.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

On 1/17/2021 at 3:19 PM, CRobi21 said:

I know it's bad, but I'll still watch it. Childhood nostalgia I guess.

But the second one was truly awful.

Weed can make movies appear better then they actually are.

Can one truly like computers if they don't trust them?

Given computers are still not smart enough to not need us and form their own country, is it really jus not trusting us because of seeing the way we use this technology to do what we normally do, jus with a screen?

Computers don't play politics at work, people do.

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Where can I get that pizza?

Bottoms Up Pizza.

Its not the “best pizza” in town but it is the most unique...think Sicilian/high-line Pan Pizza...and it’s damn good.  Absolutely worth a visit if you’re ever in town.  Plus it’s next door to the Canal Club where all the good Death Metal tours play.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Bottoms Up Pizza.

Its not the “best pizza” in town but it is the most unique...think Sicilian/high-line Pan Pizza...and it’s damn good.  Absolutely worth a visit if you’re ever in town.  Plus it’s next door to the Canal Club where all the good Death Metal tours play.

Curious, is the "Portabella" version in an actual mushroom cap?  :drooley: