Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Today I learned that Bojangles breakfast biscuits are one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted.

I am 39 years old.

There aren't any out here in Oklahoma.

There aren't any 7-11s or Safeways, either.  I miss WaWa.

We have 3 extremely popular places that yall may never have heard of.

Quik Trip, Braums, and...get ready for it...

Kum 'n Go.

Bow chica wow wow!

• Haha 4

Just now, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

There aren't any out here in Oklahoma.

There aren't any 7-11s or Safeways, either.  I miss WaWa.

We have 3 extremely popular places that yall may never have heard of.

Quik Trip, Braums, and...get ready for it...

Kum 'n Go.

Bow chica wow wow!

Who's Go?

• Haha 2

Like for many of us this was such a tough year. Mine wasn’t as tough as others and some of it was good. 

Got to spend a lot of time together as a fam, didn’t lose our jobs, we stayed healthy (knocking on wood). Wife already got dose 1 of the vax.

It’s been hard the last two months though. Work has been insanely busy. Homeschooling two kids. Political disagreements with family. COVID disagreements with family and child care. Getting Exercise got tougher too—maybe just the winter months. 

Isolation from friends. I’m just glad my kids have each other and they are younger. 

lots of people dying here. We are going through a big spike. People at the hospital say we have another two weeks before things calm down. Although yesterday we had a 25% drop in hospitalizations. But people are as stupid as ever. During first lockdown everyone was great. I blame ****ing Trump/GOP for poisoning people’s minds. 

A lot of experts believe 21 is going to be really rough. “Dark Winter”, but things should be better/back to normal by next Thanksgiving/Christmas. Hope they are right. 

When freedom isn’t paired with responsibility, it becomes more of a cage. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I honestly believe that this board kept me sane. If it weren't for you all, I would have completely fallen apart, no doubt in my mind. 

Let's just keep being here. (That means mask up, wash your hands, and maintain distance.)

For now.

We can have one helluva party when it's safe. 

• Like 7

Past year has been rough for me as well.  I can't seem to keep up with life.  Always a step behind where I want to be, playing catch up.  I'm pulling it off, but everything I do feels like an annoyance, because I need to get to 3 more things.  

Have a feeling I'm just overblowing everything because my parents moved away, and my dogs are getting old.  They are needy as hell to begin with, but are steadily becoming more HM.  This constant state of anxiety, being away from mom & dad, is surprising.  I feel alone as hell.  Dad and I are best friends, I talk to him for hours at a time on the phone.  I miss him.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Past year has been rough for me as well.  I can't seem to keep up with life.  Always a step behind where I want to be, playing catch up.  I'm pulling it off, but everything I do feels like an annoyance, because I need to get to 3 more things.  

Have a feeling I'm just overblowing everything because my parents moved away, and my dogs are getting old.  They are needy as hell to begin with, but are steadily becoming more HM.  This constant state of anxiety, being away from mom & dad, is surprising.  I feel alone as hell.  Dad and I are best friends, I talk to him for hours at a time on the phone.  I miss him.

Hang in there.  Don't look at the big picture when you do things. I've got a backlog about 3 miles high.  If I looked at it, I'd run in sheer terror and hide from what I need to do.  So one thing at a time, break the tasks up into smaller bits, and focus just on the bit I'm working on right now.  Only occasionally step back and look at the big picture...I usually do that with a bit of alcohol.

Also, worth mentioning to remember to get some sun.  Covid isolation plus less sunlight in winter is just a recipe for a depression spiral.  Talk with family and friends as much as you can, get out in the sunlight when its up and keep hope.

Finally, and most importantly, don't be afraid to ask for help.

13 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

When freedom isn’t paired with responsibility, it becomes more of a cage. 

I'm stealing this.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Hang in there.  Don't look at the big picture when you do things. I've got a backlog about 3 miles high.  If I looked at it, I'd run in sheer terror and hide from what I need to do.  So one thing at a time, break the tasks up into smaller bits, and focus just on the bit I'm working on right now.  Only occasionally step back and look at the big picture...I usually do that with a bit of alcohol.

Also, worth mentioning to remember to get some sun.  Covid isolation plus less sunlight in winter is just a recipe for a depression spiral.  Talk with family and friends as much as you can, get out in the sunlight when its up and keep hope.

Finally, and most importantly, don't be afraid to ask for help.

I'm stealing this.

COVID isolation eats away at me. I feel like I’m following the COVID rules very strictly—had to make concessions on one or two fronts. I live in a red county and I feel like most of the people we interact with are disregarding the rules. But I keep thinking about “my people” in the DMV, in California, in Washington, NYC, the nurses, the docs, friends, colleagues, and family on 6 continents— are all telling me we are doing the right thing and it’s just the people near me that aren’t. It’s still rough. 

25 minutes ago, China said:

That’s the dance they do before they wipe out your village. The music. It drowns out the screams. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1