Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

2 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

When a tractor trailer drives by, or helicopter goes over-head, for a split second...I think it might be an Earthquake.

Living alongside a busy road...

First world problem.

I live near a base that has some special forces doing drills quite often.  It is not at all uncommon to hear explosions and machine gun fire off in the distance.  Always takes a second to realize we aren't being attacked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

I thought this was an interesting interview, if you are into British 60s music scene.

I'm your huckleberry.  That's just my game...

Cool read.  I actually feel sorry for Keith Moon after reading that.  He comes off as a crazy (happy) wild man, who slipped up with the overindulgence, but was obviously miserable.  To do all those kind of drugs, mixed with hard liquor...guy was most likely trapped in mental hell.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I suspect he was bi-polar. Funniest book I ever read was Full Moon, written by his personal assistant.

I bet it was funny.  Problem is, people like that tend to live with massive amounts of embarrassment and guilt.  So you drown those feelings by doing the drugs and alcohol again.  I can identify.  Even things that are unfounded and nobody judges you on, you worry and are embarassed about them.  Luckily I never got that bad.  Keith Moon story is looked at as awesome and funny.  I get it.  He was awesomely crazy.  But in the end, we lost an all-time great drummer to mania at a very young age. ☹

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

A friend of mine posted on Facebook yesterday about her amazing reading from a psychic medium.

She went to describe in detail the reading and how (my favorite part) she likes him because he only asks yes or no questions so he can't be using information you're giving him. 

I wanted to remind her of the electronic game 20 questions but if she feels like she made a connection with a deceased loved one what kind of asshole do I have to be to try to take that away from her.

It got me thinking about the unbelievable amount of people that can be fooled into believing lies because it makes them feel better than the truth.

Edited by redskinss

52 minutes ago, redskinss said:

A friend of mine posted on Facebook yesterday about her amazing reading from a psychic medium.

She went to describe in detail the reading and how (my favorite part) she likes him because he only asks yes or no questions so he can't be using information you're giving him. 

I wanted to remind her of the electronic game 20 questions but if she feels like she made a connection with a deceased loved one what kind of asshole do I have to be to try to take that away from her.

It got me thinking about the unbelievable amount of people that can be fooled into believing lies because it makes them feel better than the truth.

I guess that why 74 million people voted for the worst president in United States history.

Watch about that last part.  No politics at all in this thread.

I thought psychics were debunked in the 90s.  Tell her it's 2021.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The girlfriend got me a home brew beer kit from Brooklyn Brew Shop for Christmas.  So this weekend, I'll be ****ing around and seeing if I can make something halfway decent tasting.

Any of you done this?  

Advice: use what are called "Swing top resealable bottles" when you bottle it.  A bit pricey, but it for some reason the carbonation gets too high in a regular sealed bottle you've basically got a beer powered CO2 glass grenade.  In the swing top bottles the metal seal should give way before the glass.

The occasional glass bottle explosion from the basement on a hot night is a hell of a fun way to wake up.

Another option there is to under fill the bottles a bit (not too much!) until you got a feel for it.  Crack a bottle from the batch after a week, maybe a bit earlier.  It'll waste a bottle, but it should give you an idea if carbonation is getting silly.

Also...plan ahead.  When a batch is done its gonna eat fridge space.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Today I learned that Bojangles breakfast biscuits are one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted.

I am 39 years old.

My aunt and uncle came down to NC for my brother's wedding. Ate at a Bojangles on the way and were like "how come nobody ever told us about these?". 😆

They were in their mid 60s so don't feel to bad. 

Edited by clietas
  • Haha 2