Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

15 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh it's just my bridge nightmare. I thought everybody's brain has it's own version of a bridge nightmare. 

I'm nervous driving around big trucks and I'm nervous going across bridges. So naturally my subconscious combines the worst of both worlds.

I used to duck and cover when 18 wheelers would go under the green interstate signs.  Same when they'd go under bridges.  Looks like they miss clipping it by inches.  Seeing vids of trucks getting scalped on youtube brought it back.

10 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I used to duck and cover when 18 wheelers would go under the green interstate signs.  Same when they'd go under bridges.  Looks like they miss clipping it by inches.  Seeing vids of trucks getting scalped on youtube brought it back.

Yeah it's real bad on 495. They run through that stretch just after the exit to FedEx Field like they're some kind of crazed Decepticons. I generally give them a wide berth, but theres always some either riding right beside them without a care in the world, tailgating them, or cutting them off in a fit of insanity 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah it's real bad on 495. They run through that stretch just after the exit to FedEx Field like they're some kind of crazed Decepticons. I generally give them a wide berth, but theres always some either riding right beside them without a care in the world, tailgating them, or cutting them off in a fit of insanity 

Yes.  I feel like they are partially suicidal.  Like, "if this is it!"

Driving sucks.

• Like 1

got the green light today from my wife that we can start looking in earnest to move back to the DC area. 

It’s been 12 years. Grew up in Fairfax and lived in Arlington after graduation. Don’t even have any idea where (area in DC) to look to move to. 

My mom and sister are live in Bethesda/NW respectively. My best friend lives in Gainesville. For logistics sake of seeing my in laws; Germantown—Rockville corridor would prob make most sense. 

Definitely exciting. Been waiting years for this green light. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

got the green light today from my wife that we can start looking in earnest to move back to the DC area. 

It’s been 12 years. Grew up in Fairfax and lived in Arlington after graduation. Don’t even have any idea where (area in DC) to look to move to. 

My mom and sister are live in Bethesda/NW respectively. My best friend lives in Gainesville. For logistics sake of seeing my in laws; Germantown—Rockville corridor would prob make most sense. 

Definitely exciting. Been waiting years for this green light. 

I'd move back, but can't deal with the cost of living/population.  Don't see the excitement in it outside of brief nostalgia.  Not to be a downer.

If I go back, which I may soon, it will be Frederick/mid-south Penn.

Balt/DC is almost one city at this point.

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I'd move back, but can't deal with the cost of living/population.  Don't see the excitement in it outside of brief nostalgia.  Not to be a downer.

If I go back, which I may soon, it will be Frederick/mid-south Penn.

Balt/DC is almost one city at this point.

Totally agree. But moving back to be closer to my mom while she still has good years left. I was happy to leave because I was soooo tired of living in the traffic. It’s not better now, but it’s a necessary evil.

Fredrick would be nice, unless we have jobs in DC. 

Balt/DC was the issue when we were dating. She was working in Baltimore and I was in DC. We couldn’t live in one city or in the middle. Just ****ty.