Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Normally for all family gatherings involving a meal, my family lets me plan the menu because they want me to cook. See Grilling and Cooking Thread. Out of the ****ing blue, for xmas this year, my sister in law asked me to “just bring dessert.”  Im concerned because (1) this has never happened before and (2) she’s a vegetarian. I’m not sure which reason concerns me the most, but I do know that I’ll be keeping a backup meal in the car. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I have found a kindred spirit and...it’s the lead singer of disposable 90s band Eve 6.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but count me as someone who thinks the Foo Fighters are vastly overrated.  I really respect Dave Grohl as a musician and as a guy.  FF definitely has some great songs, but I don't think they have an album (other than the first one where Grohl plays all the instruments) that I can listen to all the way through.

13 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

497A7C36-A950-49EC-86D5-D053A6EF39C4.jpeg

Gotta love the Brow with the Skins hat.  Russ looks like part of Public Enemy's crew.

11 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Normally for all family gatherings involving a meal, my family lets me plan the menu because they want me to cook. See Grilling and Cooking Thread. Out of the ****ing blue, for xmas this year, my sister in law asked me to “just bring dessert.”  Im concerned because (1) this has never happened before and (2) she’s a vegetarian. I’m not sure which reason concerns me the most, but I do know that I’ll be keeping a backup meal in the car. 

I hope you researched desserts that involve meat.  :cheers:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I may be wrong, not a genre nazi, but 3 & 1 don't come off as "metal" to me.  I love all 3 songs though.

I would say that what is considered metal has changed over the years.  Back in 1980 when Crazy Train came out, it was considered metal.  But you are right, by today's standards it's just hard rock.

• Like 1

Walked around 9 miles combined the past 18 hours.  I'm a New Years resolution dope.  Tends to work.  Health and less procrastination are my goals.  Comfort zone was needed the past several years, but now I feel the need to get the fire and progress back.  I've rarely ever been bored.  Got so settled, and Covid has made work easy for the most part.  Sedentary.  F that.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Walked around 9 miles combined the past 18 hours.  I'm a New Years resolution dope.  Tends to work.  Health and less procrastination are my goals.  Comfort zone was needed the past several years, but now I feel the need to get the fire and progress back.  I've rarely ever been bored.  Got so settled, and Covid has made work easy for the most part.  Sedentary.  F that.

I hear ya.  Not working is crushing me.

• Sad 1