Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

8 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I feel like I have to clarify because I opened the can of worms.  There is no scenario where it makes sense not to take the money.  You will never have to pay any of it back.  There is a chance (some might consider remote) where regulations regarding interplay of this tax credit and other nonrefundable tax credit may diminish what might have been your overall refund.  But there is no circumstances where it's better to not take this money.

Honestly, if they give it, im taking it, wife already agrees with throwing it in saving and waiting for clarity on how or if it gets treated as taxable income when we file next year.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:

Yikes at them Republican numbers. That friends and family number too high as well.

I dont understand the overlap in repubs trusting both trump & the cdc. They saying 2 different things.

On a different note,

We got world war 3 to look forward to on the other side of the pandemic

Advanced issues found

😐
7 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I dont understand the overlap in repubs trusting both trump & the cdc. They saying 2 different things.

On a different note,

We got world war 3 to look forward to on the other side of the pandemic

GOP is determined to kill as many as possible.

Edited by Skintime
  • Like 1

These bailouts make me so angry.  How many people benefit from the stock market?  We're basically spending 4 TRILLION to subsidize the rich.  

If we have checks and unemployment increases for the people, why do we need corporate bailout?  Their employees are covered... the corporate bailout is for the rich.  That is ridiculous.  We're going to continue to run an economy where debt drives asset prices; including housing and everything else to a huge number. 

Oh, and where's the bill-text? 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

These bailouts make me so angry.  How many people benefit from the stock market?  We're basically spending 4 TRILLION to subsidize the rich.  

If we have checks and unemployment increases for the people, why do we need corporate bailout?  Their employees are covered... the corporate bailout is for the rich.  That is ridiculous.  We're going to continue to run an economy where debt drives asset prices; including housing and everything else to a huge number. 

Oh, and where's the bill-text? 

My initial reaction is similar, then I remember when the great recession was happening in real time and the government panicked to stop a depression. 

If the goal is to prevent that, that will be the measuring stick for whatever they pass, I don't think we are in position to expect the feds to do the right thing versus just make sure we don't have a depression from this, is what it is : /

if we want better policy responses to these crisises we need to elected better government officials, thoughts and prayers don't work

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:
Yikes at them Republican numbers. That friends and family number too high as well.

This is really what America is up against.  You got a large group of people just clueless.

Edited by justice98
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Historically war is a consequence of large economic shocks... 

Not really.

Certainly, a component of WWII was the complete collapse of the German economy due to the Great Depression.  But for example, the Long Depression didn't fuel any wars, and the economy had been pretty stable prior to WW1.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Not really.

Certainly, a component of WWII was the complete collapse of the German economy due to the Great Depression.  But for example, the Long Depression didn't fuel any wars.

I re-read the post you quoted and your post makes sense - my bad. 

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

My initial reaction is similar, then I remember when the great recession was happening in real time and the government panicked to stop a depression. 

If the goal is to prevent that, that will be the measuring stick for whatever they pass, I don't think we are in position to expect the feds to do the right thing versus just make sure we don't have a depression from this, is what it is : /

if we want better policy responses to these crisises we need to elected better government officials, thoughts and prayers don't work

I guess national bailout policy should be something us voters ask about AHEAD of time.  I just wish we would demand they explain why so tilted towards corporations?  

Do even the political parties have a national crises policy?  This is two bailouts in 12 years and ultimately its all aimed at the banks.  The banks would take the brunt of any economic downturn. 

So can we just nationalize the banks?  

I would like to see that graph charted by state.  Personally I feel like SoCal, aside from beaches and hiking last weekend --- people are aware of social distancing. 

Newsome was talking about CA being 10 to 12 days away from New York.... I don't think so because we had the Bay Area breakout before New York and seemed to have flattened the curve. 

Florida and Louisiana are the ones a week behind NY... 

**** you Hume. Seriously, this ****ing news group cult needs to implode. 

"Fox News’ Brit Hume defended comments from Texas lieutenant governor Dan Patrick Tuesday night, saying it is “entirely reasonable” that elderly Americans could be fine with dying amid the coronavirus outbreak to save the U.S. economy.

“The utter collapse of the country’s economy — which many think will happen if this goes on much longer — is an intolerable result,” the 76-year-old told primetime host Tucker Carlson. “[Patrick] is saying, for his own part, that he would be willing to take a risk of getting the disease if that’s what it took to allow the economy to move forward. He said that because he is late in life, that he would be perhaps more willing than he might have been at a younger age, which seems to me to be an entirely reasonable viewpoint.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-brit-hume-entirely-131616086.html

Hmmm....actually, I hope their listeners take the advice. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

My first thought is that self-proclaimed Republicans feel some need to show support for their orange lord and savior and deep down understand he's singularly unreliable. 

Then I look at my conservative friend's social media feed...