Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

My son’s flag football league was cancelled this morning. I kind of felt obligated to keep doing it because I was able to get them to add the Redskins as his team so the cancellation was a relief. With that out of the way, I pulled my kids out of school today. I figure it’s a matter of days before they officially do it anyway. I paid my nanny 2 months salary so she can stay at her house and basically have a long paid vacation. I sent her home in an Uber so she didn’t have to take a bus. 

As long as I haven’t already been exposed, I think I will avoid it. Zero going out in public and I have plenty of supplies. I will instacart and amazon as needed and Lysol it before bringing stuff inside. I’m willing to ride it out like this until August. That’s what I have mentally prepared myself for. If it goes longer I can adjust but August seems reasonable to me. There should be some herd immunity and a decrease by then I would hope.

Such a stress relief for me. I’m feeling much better about it. I’m grateful I have a work from home gig and my wife can do her work from home as well. Seems drastic but we are fortunate to be able to do it and this way the grandmas can see the kids without being at risk. I never thought I would be one of those survivalists hunkered down in a panic room but here we are. 😂 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Why are there changes to the violence against women’s act in the Coronavirus relief bill?  Is it virus related at least?  If it’s not, this isn’t going to play well nationally for Dems.  This isn’t the time to be pulling political tricks.

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I wanna know what, if any, extra **** the Dems are trying to hide in Pelosi’s Bill. I would like to hold them to the same “don’t **** this up with your politics” standard 

Heres the bill.  Should be easy as pie for any GOP lawmaker to quickly point out the abortion stuff.

No one else can seem to find it.

https://appropriations.house.gov/sites/democrats.appropriations.house.gov/files/Families First summary.pdf

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bearrock said:

IF Trump's head wasn't so far up his ass he would have been stock pilling the reagents/ingredients from other countries before all travel was blocked! 

Just now, Destino said:

Why are there changes to the violence against women’s act in the Coronavirus relief bill?  Is it virus related at least?  If it’s not, this isn’t going to play well nationally for Dems.  This isn’t the time to be pulling political tricks.

I was thinking the same thing..what does violence against women and abortion have to do with coronavirus...just another example of both sides being complete asshats and opportunists...STOP PLAYING ****ING POLITICAL GAMES. How about a bill with 1 topic...coronavirus...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I was thinking the same thing..what does violence against women and abortion have to do with coronavirus...just another example of both sides being complete asshats and opportunists...STOP PLAYING ****ING POLITICAL GAMES. How about a bill with 1 topic...coronavirus...

Read it.  It’s 8 pages.  Nothing about abortion or Violence Against Women in there.

https://appropriations.house.gov/sites/democrats.appropriations.house.gov/files/Families First summary.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Read it.  It’s 8 pages.  Nothing about abortion or Violence Against Women in there.

It’s an easy read too. It’s all COVID-19 nothing else. Thank you. I know ima have to show this to conservative work rommie 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, maxiumone said:

This virus may be the Republicans swan song

It would take a nuclear bomb landing in their front yard to realize that dear leader is a fraud and even then I'm not convinced it would make any difference.

Edited by Stadium-Armory
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Those assholes care more about fetuses than actual born humans. 

And they don't really care about them. It's just a talking point. They don't understand any of the science or reality behind any of the reasons for why it's a choice. 

This country was not founded on anyone's god or morals. It was founded upon freedom. If you want yours, be willing to give everyone else theirs. What about the word "liberty" is so ****ing hard to understand? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

It would take a nuclear bomb landing in their front yard to realize that dear leader is a fraud and even then I'm not convinced it would make any difference.

Some will be trying to own liberals from their death bed while they struggle to breathe. 

• Like 3

Just to give more context to the whole VAWA thing, the paid leave in the Dem bill applies to more than just public health emergency, they are trying to enact just a new paid leave law period.  Thus, the law allows paid leave for things such as domestic violence, stalking, etc.  In defining those terms, the bill refers to VAWA definition (very common practice).

So some things to unpack here.  No, the bill doesn't touch VAWA.  But yes, the bill does go beyond immediate relief specific to corona situation as the bill enacts a comprehensive paid leave act.

At the end of the day, I think GOP should stop straight lying to people (and reporters should learn how to read a bill), but Dems should not use this bill to pass anything other than things directly addressing the pandemic.  Leave the policy fight for another day.

Edited by bearrock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1