Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

12 minutes ago, Destino said:

The fact that he emphasized death and mortality rate, makes me wish someone would double check the records and reporting in red states.  Make sure there isn’t a mysterious spike in pneumonia related deaths that are simply not being called corona virus.  Misreporting first political gain wouldn’t be new.

This exact thing has been reported in Florida but as of yet, because the final tally isn't completed until next until next year, there is little but our intuition (that we get from watching what these people say, do and already get away with) suggesting that they are actually cooking the books. Though there are some pretty serious allegations, they are just allegations as of yet. (But I dont have to tell you about the people running the system saying that the system is working and not to listen to those people over there)

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jun/03/facebook-posts/claim-florida-undercounting-covid-19-deaths-uses-f/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Destino said:

The fact that he emphasized death and mortality rate, makes me wish someone would double check the records and reporting in red states.  Make sure there isn’t a mysterious spike in pneumonia related deaths that are simply not being called corona virus.  Misreporting first political gain wouldn’t be new.

I'd have to go back and try to find it, but someone posted in (I think) this thread a while back a link that showed the deaths for the last 4 years or so in Florida and Texas from Pneumonia between Feb and June (or something like that) and the Pneumonia causes of death were something like 300-400% higher in 2020 than in the other years, where they were pretty much stable and around the same rate.

Hmm. I'm sure it's just a coincidence. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

We're boned

The huge spikes you see in TX or AZ or FLA are from two weeks ago, the actual current numbers will dwarf them.

And the naked apes just party on.

We may see a fullblown ZA where hordes of infected storm and overwhelm hospitals or anything else in their path.

44 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

We're boned

The huge spikes you see in TX or AZ or FLA are from two weeks ago, the actual current numbers will dwarf them.

And the naked apes just party on.

We may see a fullblown ZA where hordes of infected storm and overwhelm hospitals or anything else in their path.

There's an app for that.

as miami-dade county rolls back a number of it's reopening moves, de santis right now is doing that heinous lying bs'ing that is de riguer for 99% of elected gopers

forget "democrats" and "republicans", we're way past all the standard right/left 101 stuff and you're just a giant bag of ****, de santis

and you have a ton of elected goper company

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

as miami-dade county rolls back a number of it's reopening moves, de santis right now is doing that heinous lying bs'ing that is de riguer for 99% of elected gopers

forget "democrats" and "republicans", we're way past all the standard right/left 101 stuff and you're just a giant bag of ****, de santis

and you have a ton of elected goper company

I haven't seen anything on it yet but I know the mayor of Miami-Dade just ordered the re-closing of most things. How is DeSantis spinning it? Is he still trying the "the cases are only up because testing is up" bull****?

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I haven't seen anything on it yet but I know the mayor of Miami-Dade just ordered the re-closing of most things. How is DeSantis spinning it? Is he still trying the "the cases are only up because testing is up" bull****?

yeah, and deflect and distract a lot, like talking about how they've (paraphrased) "done better  management and had better rate figures" than "states in the north east" and blamed young people (only) for ignoring his "leadership" on precautions they should take...he mentioned their private parties too...

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

yeah, and deflect and distract a lot, like talking about how they've (paraphrased) "done better  management and had better rate figures" than "states in the north east" and blamed young people (only) for ignoring his "leadership" on precautions they should take...he mentioned their private parties too...

Figures. That's like saying when you smashed into a bus full of people while driving drunk you killed less people than another person who did the same thing so you should be commended. 

Piece of ****, the lot of them.

• Like 2

These people are straight up evil. I just can't think of any other word for it anymore. 

WaPo: Trump and Biden campaigns shift focus to coronavirus as pandemic surges

White House officials also hope Americans will grow numb to the escalating death toll and learn to accept tens of thousands of new cases a day, according to three people familiar with the White House’s thinking, who requested anonymity to reveal internal deliberations. Americans will “live with the virus being a threat,” in the words of one of those people, a senior administration official.

“They’re of the belief that people will get over it or if we stop highlighting it, the base will move on and the public will learn to accept 50,000 to 100,000 new cases a day,” said a former administration official in touch with the campaign.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Destino said:

I wouldn't be surprised if some states were hiding data, and there's a lot of circumstantial evidence that it might be happening... suspicious firings, etc.

That being noted, Dr. Gottlieb was asked about this, and he did say that the mortality rate is going down because doctors have a better idea of which treatments work to preserve life.

Of course, he also said that if we cut the mortality rate but let the infections get out of control, we're still screwed (okay... That last bit's my translation... He's very measured.)

Yeah, if your infections go through the roof it won't matter how much better doctors have become at deciding how to treat it, because it will flood hospitals and they won't be able to even take new patients. Hard to treat a person who can't get to a doctor. 

Also, I don't think this is a second wave. We never actually got out of the first wave. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

What. In. The. Actual. ****?

I really really hope that woman is charged with murder. It says her twitter feed was full of QAnon conspiracy stuff and praise for Trump. AND, after she took her daughter to the "coronavirus party" and she got sick, tried to treat her with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin.

Trump should be charged as a co-conspirator. UGH.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t think the number of people who have it matters, people dying from it are what’s important and thus far we are managing that OK. Well see what happens in two weeks.

Hey. The more people who have it means more people to possibly spread it means more people will eventually die from it. It's basic math.

130K dead is managing OK? Just curious, what number of dead would be poor management in your opinion?

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t think the number of people who have it matters, people dying from it are what’s important and thus far we are managing that OK. Well see what happens in two weeks.

The number of people matter because if it's too many people will die that wouldnt if the capacity was there.

The system clearly cannot handle us all getting COVID-19 at the same time. Think what you mean to say was the hospitalization rate.  

• Like 3