Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

32 minutes ago, Larry said:

I think he was still a candidate when he asked what good it was to have a nuclear triad, if we never used it?  

That was actually one of his spokespeople, Katrina Pierson, who said that on an interview. That was after Trump was doing his usual word salad when asked about the triad during the debate and Rubio interjected to explain to the audience what the triad actually was.

I was listening to Smerconish the other day on his SirriusXM show and he had an interesting caller.

A pilot called in and said enough.  Enough social distancing. It's time to get back to life and start living. He will not social distance. Hr will shake hands, hug people, etc...   He had the view that we need to have everyone get it, so we can be done with it.  

Sadly, I think Trump, his Trumpsters and the GOP will start warming to this.  Just get back to normal and live and let die.  Let everyone get it, develop herd immunity.  Sure, some will die but those people are weak and need to be eliminated. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I was listening to Smerconish the other day on his SirriusXM show and he had an interesting caller.

A pilot called in and said enough.  Enough social distancing. It's time to get back to life and start living. He will not social distance. Hr will shake hands, hug people, etc...   He had the view that we need to have everyone get it, so we can be done with it.  

Sadly, I think Trump, his Trumpsters and the GOP will start warming to this.  Just get back to normal and live and let die.  Let everyone get it, develop herd immunity.  Sure, some will die but those people are weak and need to be eliminated. 

Of course the problem with that is that you have to have about 70% infection to gain herd immunity.  With a 1.5% fatality rate that means about 3.5 million people in the US would die.  This is a problem with our education system: people don't understand basic concepts in math and science.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, China said:

Of course the problem with that is that you have to have about 70% infection to gain herd immunity.  With a 1.5% fatality rate that means about 3.5 million people in the US would die.  This is a problem with our education system: people don't understand basic concepts in math and science.

The U.S. doesn't value education as other countries do. I heard a stat that said 2/3 of the country were not college educated. I don't know if that's completely accurate but most Americans aren't that smart.  The fact we have had 2 idiots as President this century speaks to that. 

I've reached the point where I hope all GOPers/Trumpsters who get corona; either die or suffer long term health effects the rest of their lives.  Despite what Trump/GOP will tell you; the economy isn't going to bounce back.  I read some article where some banker said it will take a decade to get back to pre-covid 19 employment levels.  I hope all those GOPers/Trumpsters who don't have jobs; have a hard time getting a job. Lots of companies aren't coming back; may those people lose their jobs forever.  They need to suffer the consequences of voting and continuing to support Trump.

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

I've thought it was BSE/mad cow disease from the hamberders........

In humans that prion based brain wasting disease would be Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD). 

Although, I'm not sure it isn't syphilitic encephalopathy.

On 5/1/2020 at 12:18 AM, China said:

Update:

Satellite Images Show Armadas Of Vacant Cruise Ships Huddling Together Out At Sea

Of all the industries that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, the cruise industry has probably been hit the hardest. Not only are their operations shut down, but they became the face of a global nightmare early on, with hulking pleasure ships being turned into floating prisons rife with infection. Now, according to satellite imagery and transponder tracking data, with no revenue and nowhere to go, cruise ships are seeking refuge in clusters out in the Caribbean and Atlantic, attempting to ride out a storm that they were never designed to handle. 

Storing cruise ships in port is not a cheap proposition, nor is there enough space to accommodate them in traditional berths. Beyond that, the international crews that man these huge vessels are not allowed to step on land due to infection risk. With the vast majority of these ships flagged in relatively small and poor countries that have little capability to impact the situation, the only place for them to go is out to sea. And that's precisely where many of them have been. 

2523523552-1.jpg?resize=696,391&ssl=1

Coronavirus,%20le%20immaginiff.jpg?f=det

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, visionary said:

Is every member of this administration dedicated to the cause of setting the worst examples?  It’s no wonder people are refusing to wear masks, they’re just following their favorite leader.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

Is every member of this administration dedicated to the cause of setting the worst examples?  It’s no wonder people are refusing to wear masks, they’re just following their favorite leader.

It is really sad indeed. 

She is probably thinking I am 25 and my body can handle it but not thinking she can spread too. :(

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Totally not true. Let's say it is 105 degrees outside. I cough and some droplets land on a hot surface. Within minutes the virus dies. Hopefully no one has touched that surface area and swiped with mouth with it though before the virus has died.

But one should still wear a mask and some gloves to be on the safe side. ;)

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The U.S. doesn't value education as other countries do. I heard a stat that said 2/3 of the country were not college educated. I don't know if that's completely accurate but most Americans aren't that smart.  The fact we have had 2 idiots as President this century speaks to that. 

Trumpest will agree here as Obama was elected twice! 😂

7 hours ago, China said:

By the time this virus spreads to 70% of the population, which could take years and span a multitude of medical discoveries, the fatality rate will be far lower than 1.5%, closer to 0.5-0.7%. The IFR is almost certainly lower than 1.5% at this very moment, with only remdesivir as a FDA-approved treatment in emergency situations. Mitigation and appropriate treatment will only lower the existing figure. 

But I do understand your point. Even 0.5% would mean about 1,150,000 deaths.

Edited by Bacon

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

"Warming to it"?  They've been pushing it for weeks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I've reached the point where I hope all GOPers/Trumpsters who get corona; either die or suffer long term health effects the rest of their lives.  Despite what Trump/GOP will tell you; the economy isn't going to bounce back.  I read some article where some banker said it will take a decade to get back to pre-covid 19 employment levels.  I hope all those GOPers/Trumpsters who don't have jobs; have a hard time getting a job. Lots of companies aren't coming back; may those people lose their jobs forever.  They need to suffer the consequences of voting and continuing to support Trump.

They are already being programmed that all those consequences are due to fascist Deep State Dems intentionally destroying the economy with their completely unconstitutional shutdowns. (And their fake deaths). 

Everything would have been just fine if we'd just ignored it. 

- - - - 

"Y'know, Egon? This reminds me of that time you tried to drill a hole through your head."

"That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me."

• Like 3

The governor of South Dakota has given an ultimatum to two Sioux tribes: Remove checkpoints on state and US highways within 48 hours or risk legal action.

Gov. Kristi Noem sent letters Friday to the leaders of the Oglala Sioux Tribe and the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe demanding that checkpoints designed to prevent the spread of coronavirus on tribal land be removed, the governor's office said in a statement.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/09/us/south-dakota-sioux-tribes/index.html

• Sad 2

Not sure what the rules are for tribes, but I suspect the Gov is right.  

Me appointing myself as being in charge of a quarantine does not give me the right to close down somebody else's road.  

These are checkpoints, Larry, like checkpoints to discover drunk drivers. Her order reminds me of the people who distributed blankets with smallpox on them to Native Americans to kill them because they had no biological defenses. 

I don't have a problem with checkpoints. The people are trying to protect themselves.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

These are checkpoints, Larry, like checkpoints to discover drunk drivers

1) Drunk driving is illegal.  Driving with a fever is not.  

2)  So, tribal police stop somebody at a checkpoint.  They check, whatever it is that they're checking.  Then what?  "Thanks for letting us take your temperature, and you're free to continue, whatever it is?"  Somehow, I'm pretty sure a checkpoint is a useless abuse of power unless there's an element of "you must be cleared, or else (something)".  What's the something?  "Our tribe has decided that you're not allowed to drive on this state/federal road"?  

12 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Her order reminds me of the people who distributed blankets with smallpox on them to Native Americans to kill them because they had no biological defenses. 

Your response reminds me of activists trying to demand the team change it's name by comparing it to some horrible thing that's completely unrelated.  

I suspect there is a little more nuance to this story since we are talking about sovereign tribal land. In most states, state and local police have no jurisdiction there. 

Tribal police generally have the authority to stop and detain anyone on the reservation.

Edited by The Evil Genius