Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Absolutely stunned it's that low.  I guess one takeaway from that is how much knowing is better than assuming.  

So, let's do some more assuming.  :) 

If it's that low, then either this thing is a lot less contagious that I thought, or distancing has been vastly better than I thought.  

If it's that low, then imagine what we'd be looking like, now, if it was more like 20%.  

If it's that low, then relaxing distancing would be near-suicidal.  

Love to see what the number is for, say, NYC.  

The amount of uncovered cases in NYC won't be as high proportionately as LA's because they have been much more aggressive in their testing. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if population density sent the numbers skyrocketing regardless. 

If it turns out that 10-15% of NYC has coronavirus, I wouldn't be surprised. 

Edited by Bacon

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

The amount of uncovered cases in NYC won't be as high proportionately as LA's because they have been much more aggressive in their testing. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if population density sent the numbers skyrocketing regardless. 

If it turns out that 10-15% of NYC has coronavirus, I wouldn't be surprised. 

I'm talking about the number of "has, or has had".  Current or prior.  

I feel sorry for the people of GA, particularly in customer facing positions, that will be forced back to work.  Not the MAGA maniacs, but those with common sense that don’t feel safe about returning back to “normal” this soon.  

It’s become more clear that Trumps “reopening America again” phases can be completely ignored.  Even more clear that his idea of governors doing a good job is Ignoring his stage prop where they have to prove X, Y and Z.  But you best believe when it ends up bad, he’ll leave the GA governor out to sea without a life raft.

• Thanks 1

I have no doubt that my boss will keep the dining room closed for a while. We're on 5 delivery platforms & have curbside service, doing a lot more business than was ever expected...he told me we're fine. 

I'll have a job when I decide to go back. My dumbass governor will not be determining that. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, visionary said:

You have to wonder how many people are sick or have died from this in nursing homes or prisons that we don't know about....

The number of unreported deaths from this world wide will be in the millions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

We need martial law

Think we can do mandatory quarantines based on locality without military taking over local judicial systems. 

Point was brought up about these folks "protecting" protestors, even our paramilitary SWAT teams could probably handle them without the military's help, let alone national guard.

Calling their bluff, it's a lot talk because they are being allowed to talk

568d47636abba.image (1).png

11 minutes ago, visionary said:

You have to wonder how many people are sick or have died from this in nursing homes or prisons that we don't know about....

Someone was telling me 4000 people died the other day, and my initial reaction was "4000 added to total count". 

Even reported per day doesn't do this situation justice because of what you just said, it's more like " confined can't hid they died from this" numbers.

I remember not too long ago someone backtracked in Ohio on a million people in her state possibly having this already.  I don't think that's crazy at all now, Indianapolis is turning into a major "confirmed" hotspot as we speak.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Think we can do mandatory quarantines based on locality without military taking over local judicial systems. 

Point was brought up about these folks "protecting" protestors, even our paramilitary SWAT teams could probably handle them without the military's help, let alone national guard.

Calling their bluff, it's a lot talk because they are being allowed to talk

I said it before and I’ll say it again, it is dangerous to think that 100% or military /police/national guard will be on “your” side.  Even a small percentage going against you would make things very messy.  Martial law being constitutional for a virus is questionable at best.  Then supply chains (how many truckers do you see in MAGA hats?).  Please explain how martial law would be a good idea???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I said it before and I’ll say it again, it is dangerous to think that 100% or military /police/national guard will be on “your” side.  Even a small percentage going against you would make things very messy.  Martial law being constitutional for a virus is questionable at best.  Then supply chains (how many truckers do you see in MAGA hats?).  Please explain how martial law would be a good idea???

I don't martial law is a good idea, said that before, and last time we talked about this I mentioned how a small percentage wouldn't be enough, sans Turkey and Syria. It could get ugly, but inevitably futile, I don't see a societal breakdown every man for themselves situation coming here. 

How many folks in military and armed forces really want to forgo their paychecks and end up in a deck of cards right now?  A lot of people I've met that would trigger my concern for trying some sort of insurrection have never been shot at in their life.

I'm not sure your allowed to speak to an actually percentage of the military would do what you're concerned about.

13 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We've been over this already. Quite frankly (and honesty), I'm done talking to you about it

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not sure your allowed to speak to an actually percentage of the military would do what you're concerned about.

You’re right.  I wish some would give a more objective look so I can sit back.  Hell, just someone to play devil’s advocate to spur a thorough conversation would be nice.  Being too assured that someone will be there to protect you can leave you lacking in defense if you aren’t careful.  And I don’t think many appreciate how messy martial law would be or are prepared for that.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm done talking to you about it

Ummm......thanks for the heads up??