Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

For profit health care FTW!

The invisible middle finger of the free market.

It's the best healthcare system in the world!

32 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I so much appreciate all of the information and sane discussions here, my ES family. Thank you.

^^This. Regarding the sane discussions, well, most of you anyway. 😃

Governor Simp strikes again! The first line of this article says it all.

Front-Runner for Country’s Dumbest Governor to Reopen Essential Bowling Alleys, Nail Salons Friday

Approximately two weeks ago, Georgia governor Brian Kemp made a name for himself when he announced on the steps of his state’s capitol that he was a massive imbecile. Sure, he didn’t use the exact words “Citizens of Georgia, I’ve gathered you here today to announce that I’ve tested positive for an I.Q. of less than nine,” but he might as well have. Because it was then—on April 2, 2020!— that Kemp revealed he had only just learned that asymptomatic carriers of the novel coronavirus could spread the disease. Despite his office being located roughly 6.5 miles from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and children having known for at least a month how the virus could be transmitted, Kemp told reporters: “Those individuals could’ve been infecting people before they ever felt bad. But we didn’t know that until the last 24 hours.”

Kemp was overwhelmingly criticized for his astonishing lack of knowledge about the disease and, obviously, rightly so. But apparently, instead of laying low for a while, listening to experts, and taking the steps necessary to slow the spread of COVID-19 in his state—where cases have continued to rise—he’s decided to double down on his image as a wildly ignorant politician who doesn’t avail himself of easily accessible information, listen to public health experts, or take the necessary steps to avoid reopening the economy too early and causing an even greater spike in cases. Because not only is he allowing some companies to get back to business on Friday, he seemingly asked for a list of the places where people were most likely to contract the disease and said, Let’s start with those:...

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Can't wait till be have an AG that isn't such a ****boy.

Wait. So, Trump says it's up to the states to decide when and how to relax their shutdowns, but...if they don't do what he says the DoJ will sue them?

This entire administration is such a complete moronathon. 

3 hours ago, twa said:

my friend and his wife are stuck in Hawaii till the shutdown is lifted,despite passing the quarantine time non essential travel is forbidden 

Not to worry, I'm sending over some out of shape middle aged white dudes wearing camo and with AR-15s strapped to their chests to assist and yell about stuff.

#LiberateTWA'sFriends

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't like Trump either but...c'mon.

I would think a comment like that would be extreme if it was said almost anyone else, but I truly think trump is indifferent to people dying. He's not capable of having compassion, just look at his comments last week after he was asked about his friend passing away. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

I would think a comment like that would be extreme if it was said almost anyone else, but I truly think trump is indifferent to people dying. He's not capable of having compassion, just look at his comments last week after he was asked about his friend passing away. 

Fair enough.  And his comments about his friend passing away, while out of touch and sad, were in line for what I've come to expect from him. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Skintime said:

I have no doubt that trump is actively trying to kill as many as possible.

No, I don't think this is the case.

I think he just doesn't give a **** what happens as long as his own self-interests are protected. He's not trying to execute the elderly and infirm, he just doesn't care if they die because it doesn't affect him personally.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Skintime said:

I have no doubt that trump is actively trying to kill as many as possible.

We cannot fairly judge it w/o a full doubleblind study and even then a different dosage or combination can yield different results .

or are we playing by different rules now?

5 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I think he just doesn't give a **** what happens as long as his own self-interests are protected. He's not trying to execute the elderly and infirm, he just doesn't care if they die because it doesn't affect him personally.

There really is little difference at this point

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

It's his voting base though.

19 minutes ago, twa said:

We cannot fairly judge it w/o a full doubleblind study and even then a different dosage or combination can yield different results .

or are we playing by different rules now?

Gonna hold onto that one until the bitter end, huh? Good luck with that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Larry said:

I thought it was the greatest economy in the history of the world, like two months ago.  In fact, I was tired of all the winning.  

I thought the problem was China and our sourcing and bad trade agreements.

(Though, clearly, the problem isn't work visas given to low paid and low skill labor.)

Edited by PeterMP