Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

I'm curious, did any other countries have protesters?

I've been wondering the same thing, at least from what I've seen on TV, they looked compliant.  However, other countries have done better at taking care of their own financially than we have.  If the feds would flood the country with money to get through this, all this rebellion would pipe down a bit.  Of course you'd still have those that want to start crap because they want their hair cut or want to go to the mall, but I think or hope I should say, that would be minimal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JCB said:

These "protests," holy stupidity, Batman. Can we just go ahead and rename the country Facepalm?

LSF, the brainwashing is strong with these folks. Look at this slice of fried crazy.

I saw that one and thought How Ironic! Probably one of those prolife folks too. They seem to be in the same crowd.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

https://www.wbaltv.com/amp/article/coronavirus-maryland-governor-larry-hogan-covid-19-testing-announcement/32209117

Hogans procure 500K coronavirus tests from South Korea for Maryland

Following weeks of diplomatic discussions and procurement efforts as part of Operation Enduring Friendship, the state of Maryland has acquired 500,000 coronavirus tests from LabGenomics in South Korea, Hogan said.

"Each part of this international collaboration was unprecedented," Hogan said. "It literally will help save the lives of thousands of Marylanders."

Hogan said adequate testing is one of the "four critical building blocks of our Maryland Strong Roadmap to Recovery."

The governor said he and first lady Yumi Hogan made a personal plea in Korean to South Korea's ambassador to the U.S. on March 28. He said they spoke of the "special relationship" between Maryland and the Republic of Korea. That call set in motion 22 days of vetting and negotiations.

Yumi Hogan is the first Asian first lady in the history of Maryland. She is also the very first Korean American first lady of any state in the history of the United States, "which is why Maryland is proud to have such a special bond with South Korea," the governor said.

"She truly is a champion of this operation," Gov. Hogan said. (More in link)

After Trump waives his tiny hands and tells us we are on our own, Maryland's Gov (and wife!) are on it. Wow. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I've been wondering the same thing, at least from what I've seen on TV, they looked compliant.  However, other countries have done better at taking care of their own financially than we have.  If the feds would flood the country with money to get through this, all this rebellion would pipe down a bit.  Of course you'd still have those that want to start crap because they want their hair cut or want to go to the mall, but I think or hope I should say, that would be minimal.

the people leading these protests don't want government support. 

• Haha 2

If you think these protests are dumb or stupid you're missing the forest for the trees.

Every protestor out there is a Trump voter actively campaigning for their candidate.

We'll be calling these same people stupid when Trump is re-elected. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PCS said:

I hate this vague fearmongerer bait.

Found the original quote and there was no rationale for why this would be the case or what could be done to stop it, only alluding to the Spanish flu while saying "technology" could stop it from happening again. Of course, this quote has been coming up all day on feeds as if a new discovery has been made because it's coming from WHO. 

I think it's essential that we trust those armed with knowledge and expertise. I also think those possessing valuable information have the obligation to release it in an objective, enlightening capacity. This almost came across as a threat to those who don't trust WHO. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I hate this vague fearmongerer bait.

Found the original quote and there was no rationale for why this would be the case or what could be done to stop it, only alluding to the Spanish flu while saying "technology" could stop it from happening again. Of course, this quote has been coming up all day on feeds as if a new discovery has been made. 

... and people want the US to pay for this????

23 minutes ago, Mooka said:

If you think these protests are dumb or stupid you're missing the forest for the trees.

Every protestor out there is a Trump voter actively campaigning for their candidate.

We'll be calling these same people stupid when Trump is re-elected. 

And we'll be right.  

• Like 4

Are. You. ****ing. Kidding. Me.

WaPo: Amid bipartisan criticism, Treasury Dept. attorneys review bank seizures of $1,200 stimulus checks. Some of the payments have been taken by debt collectors. Advocates say low-income families need the money for food.

The Treasury Department is reviewing whether it has the legal authority to prevent banks and private debt collectors from seizing $1,200 government stimulus payments, according to a person familiar with the internal deliberations, as blowback builds over private lenders clawing back parts of the emergency financial relief package.

The review is being conducted by legal counsel at the Treasury Department, said the person, who declined to speak on record because the matter had not been finalized. It was unclear when a determination about the payments would be made.

Earlier this month, the Trump administration began directly depositing stimulus checks in the bank accounts of 80 million Americans to help them survive the economic downturn caused by the coronavirus. Reports quickly surfaced that some of these payments were being redirected to banks and private debt collectors from people who have overdraft fees, delinquent loans or other debt obligations.

This is absolutely evil. Pure evil and nothing else. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

I'm curious, did any other countries have protesters?

The UK has conspiracy theorists burning 5G towers.  They believed that 5G was somehow responsible for creating or worsening the corona virus pandemic.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1