Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, redrobert said:

Damn it...Alright I’ve been cool about our approach in FA so far but now I’m starting to wonder...

Been saying all along they are tanking or don't actually have a plan 

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Jordan Reed will be back at this rate on a minimal deal with no guaranteed money.

Id rather see myself suit up than have Reed back 

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't expect our draft board to look much like this after the first pick although I agree they will take a tackle at some point.  Kyle was pretty clear that you don't fill needs in the draft, that's what free agency is for. No he believes you take the best player and so do most of us.  The smart executives leave their depth chart out of the draft room and take the best players regardless of position.  

I am in full agreement with this. But it just so happened that all of these were BPA at their picks until I got to Round 7.

The exception being that at each pick there were usually 3-4 RBs at the top of the big board. I ignored RB because I don't think we need one right now.

Damn Ebron went cheap. That sucks, would have been a solid target for Haskins. Maybe Thomas has a standout year? Idk. Also I like Amari Cooper but glad we didn’t sign him for 23 mil a year, thats almost Micheal Thomas type money. Pretty underwhelming FA so far, sort of betting on grinder type players to start and produce.  Riverboat Ron you got this bro I believe 

2 hours ago, carex said:

he was the third string quarterback, announcers harp on how even backups don't get time with the starters, how was he supposed to do anything beyond study the playbook as a third string QB

He apparently didnt even do that though.  The stuff KOC and AP were saying about Haskins' prep wasnt about him not getting first team reps.  

Yeh as others have said Iv been fairly patient so far but to watch how we are whittling down our cap space and and what we’ve got to show for it, it’s starting to be a little concerning

We can dress up Sims and Harmon however we choose but Dwayne needs a serious WR and TE to throw to this season or it’s going to be another circus showing

Super jealous of teams who put weapons around their young QB. Something Ron seems to be vehemently against 

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Yeh as others have said Iv been fairly patient so far but to watch how we are whittling down our cap space and and what we’ve got to show for it Ali’s starting to be a little concerning

We can dress up Sims and Harmon however we choose but Dwayne needs a serious WR and TE to throw to this season or it’s going to be another circus showing

At this point Ron is screwing Haskins. Something we were convinced Jay was doing and here it's happening again. 

So unless someone gets released that is unexpected (or they can trade player for player) I don't see Redskins signing any more name free agents. As stated before, they will overpay for someone they love. If there was someone out there that they loved they would have made an aggressive offer and signed them already. Nothing on the horizon right now. Oh well...

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Yeh as others have said Iv been fairly patient so far but to watch how we are whittling down our cap space and and what we’ve got to show for it Ali’s starting to be a little concerning

This kinda thing makes it imperative that they use a draft pick on a TE.  And with no 2nd, it becomes that much more difficult.  

4 minutes ago, tlazarchick31 said:

Super jealous of teams who put weapons around their young QB. Something Ron seems to be vehemently against 

At this point Ron is screwing Haskins. Something we were convinced Jay was doing and here it's happening again. 

What weapons would you have liked to put around him?

One important note that will likely say a lot about Foster's future: He's in the last year of his rookie contract. He's owed about $1.7 million in salary, none of it guaranteed.

Since he was a first-round pick in 2017, the Redskins hold the right to exercise a fifth-year option on the rookie deal, but that would carry a fully guaranteed one-year salary likely north of $7 million.

There is simply no way the Redskins should exercise that option before the league deadline in May. 

Even on a normal timeline Washington probably wouldn't have time to see if Foster came back healthy from the knee injury and subsequent nerve damage. Under the current Coronavirus conditions, it's not even clear when players will return to facilities or see medical staff. 

Foster has now collected more than $2 million from the Redskins and never even registered a tackle. The injury was unfortunate, but for many fans that wonder where his spot is going forward, the question is if he even gets on the roster, not if he starts. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/whats-future-redskins-lb-reuben-foster-unknown-and-unlikely

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Trent might end up a variation of this.  I doubt he gets his 20 million.   And he might have to come back and play here which supposedly he doesn't want to do.

Agree, except that Trent doesn't seem like a good dude and I could care less if he gets paid. He's welcome to stay and play here if it's what's best for the team, but I have no emotional soft spot for him. 

That being said, I kind of like that we haven't extended Kerrigan. If we don't need the cap money anyway, then let him keep his 11.5 million and we can see what he's worth after the season if we want to keep him. 

I still think we might see a WR signing and/o a WR/TE trade. 

Overpaying doesn’t really exist in the new NFL the way the cap goes up and how every year the market essentially resets itself. Overpay in year one usually equals good value in year 3 or 4.

Ron better have a plan because right now our offense is in trouble.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

With TB signing a tackle this morning I wonder if they’re out on TW. If that moron doesn’t lower his contract demands he may as well just retire. God, some football players are just so out of touch with reality.

If a starting LT goes down in training camp or early in the season perhaps the Skins and TW can end up getting what they are wanting or close to it.

Just now, Idaho fan said:

If a starting LT goes down in training camp or early in the season perhaps the Skins and TW can end up getting what they are wanting or close to it.

Because Trent won’t go anywhere without a new deal with a fat guarantee and teams in training camp rarely have that kind of space lying around. The ones that do a) they’ll have to lose a guy to injury and b) have to be enough of a contender where it’s worth the gamble.

Again, it’s not like Sam Bradford where he was already signed for a couple years. Any team taking on Trent will need to negotiate a new deal.

Archived