Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

8 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

I like Perriman's size and ability, but something seems a little off about him, he's one of those low ceiling Harmon type guys. If that is his ceiling I'd rather pass and draft a later guy. His production has been pretty meh and this will be his 4th team in 5 years. Pass for me.

I don't get him.  I like Perriman, a lot, and he's got legit speed, which you cant teach... far faster than a guy like Harmon.  He should be a stud, 6'2, 215 w/ sub 4.3 speed... I dont get why he didnt blow up.  He looked REALLY good last year in the TB offense toward the end of last season, primarily because Evans and Godwin were out. 

19 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Really happy to see Fuller back and his contract is the same as what the Eagles gave Jaylen Mills. Fuller > Mills all day every day. Where are all the naysayers who were freaking out about us not being involved in FA. Like I mentioned just stay patient. 

Im so glad Cooper turned us down as he is not worth it. As far as wideouts, I would like to see Perriman instead of Anderson. Young guy who has some speed and size. He tore it up the last few games in Tampa last year. His upside is higher than any other other remaining receiver in my opinion. 

Haven't heard anything about the Eagles re-signing Mills. But if they give him 10 per year they are crazy. Mills is horrible.

29 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

These would be my next WR targets too.

There are going to be WRs picked in the third and fourth rounds in this draft class who will be better players than Anderson and Sanders next season.  I don't have any interest in going after the WR FA class this year.

There's an interesting Wash Post article detailing Rivera's first free agency period in Carolina. He actually was very minimal and worked harder to lock up what he hoped would be his corp while adding a few blue collar guys, and had only one relatively big signing (Greg Olsen).

Sounds sort of like what we are seeing though it's a combo of trying to secure the core, jettisoning injured guys, and navigating amongst the discontented. I suspect one of the hardest things Rivera will have to do is right the culture. That might mean losing some really good players.

11 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

Im ok with our FA so far, assuming we dont reach in reaction to striking out on the elite WRs and pay a JAG or past their prime player like an elite player. 
and hard pass on anderson. 

Me too.  The Junkies were talking about how we whiffed on Cooper, Hooper, Flowers, and Keenum, the latter 2 because they left... but those APY are a total of $51 million.  Add Fuller and the guard we just signed and that's $65 million APY commited to 2 starters (neither elite) 2 backups, and a Slot CB.  I'm happy we got Fuller, and I hope we use him correctly, but i don't want to panic and overspend. 

Edit: I put 2 backups, it's 3 backups. 

Keim just now:

Keim said he saw a report yesterday from someone they offered Cooper 22 million a year.

Alabama players were lobbying Cooper

The Redskins unsettled QB situation he thought was a factor about him wanting to stay in Dallas

He doesn't suspect based on what he heard that Dallas had to amp their offer, so suggested that the Redskins unlikely effected the Dallas offer which he heard was 20 million pre-Redskins bid

There was interest in Hooper leading to FA but once they got close they somewhat backed out once they heard the price tag, they'd have likely to pay more than the Browns, suggesting everything being equal he got the impression the Browns was a more attractive destination for him

They don't see Littleton or Schubert as enough of an upgrade for the money they are asking for

He doubled down on the same thing he said yesterday they'd be aggressive if they love a player but won't overpay for a player they just like

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

Me too.  The Junkies were talking about how we whiffed on Cooper, Hooper, Flowers, and Keenum, the latter 2 because they left... but those APY are a total of $51 million.  Add Fuller and the guard we just signed and that's $65 million APY commited to 2 starters (neither elite) 2 backups, and a Slot CB.  I'm happy we got Fuller, and I hope we use him correctly, but i don't want to panic and overspend. 

Right. The best available doesn't equal the best. The early 2000's should have taught us that lesson.

27 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

I would assume the mid to late first is their target.  I dont think you risk the cost of a franchise tag to get a 4th or so round pick.

I like Harris but I'd be stunned if they got a 2nd rounder let alone a first for him.  I could see a third-4th?  But will see.  

28 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Those that I have bolded, especially Boston I like but I'd take Randall too.  He's been injured as of late but is good.  I think we are done with the LBs maybe I'm wrong.  I hope we go the route of the draft for TE.  I emphasized in my last post to you I'd trade a 5th for Harris and maybe a 7th but to me, our 4ths and above are untouchable. 

I wouldn't trade anything above a 5th for Harris albeit I like Harris a lot.  I would give up a higher pick if I were one of those teams who are loaded with them, which isn't us.   As for linebackers, I am not sure, I wonder who the strong LB is -- Holcomb?

Our LBers and WRs are in the same light for me. Mostly young and unproven, but theres talent there. I can easily understand rolling into year 1 with those as your core.

I'd imagine Ron entering his first year is a grace period that evaluation and core are thee most important things, as opposed to just raw win totals and stats.

Sheehan doubling down on what Keim has politely suggested in recent weeks which is the Redskins aren't an attractive destination for most players.  We've kind of turned into what the Browns once were, a place where you got to overpay for a FA because otherwise this isn't a sexy destination.

It was pretty sobering to listen to Keim say (and he's far from a flame thrower) that from what he heard Cleveland was a more attractive destination for Hooper so to lure him away from there, the Redskins had to do better than just match their offer.

I love the Rivera hire.  Love Kyle, too.  And I think they can dig themselves out of this hole but it sounds like they got some digging to do. 

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our LBers and WRs are in the same light for me. Mostly young and unproven, but theres talent there. I can easily understand rolling into year 1 with those as your core.

I'd imagine Ron entering his first year is a grace period that evaluation and core are thee most important things, as opposed to just raw win totals and stats.

Part of the reason why I wouldn't trade a 4th rounder unless that player is killer is I think that's the sweet spot round to find a Z type WR in this draft.  In a normal draft, a Wr in the 4th would be a flier but in this draft its looking insane at that spot.

I am not into signing a WR besides Cooper personally.   If they had to sign a WR because they are determined to add a veteran I'd go Anderson.  But if it were me I'd do nothing now at WR. 

My top goals right now would be adding a FS and corner.  

Linebacker is a tougher one for me to gauge.  If they are just running with whom they got.  I presume Bostic at MLB.  Hamilton at WLB.  Holcomb at OLB,  If so they are lacking depth unless Foster recovers.    I don't see Anderson as a natural LB, doesn't have the speed, but maybe he can do it in a role in an under front formation. 

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Harris but I'd be stunned if they got a 2nd rounder let alone a first for him.  I could see a third-4th?  But will see.  

I wouldn't trade anything above a 5th for Harris albeit I like Harris a lot.  I would give up a higher pick if I were one of those teams who are loaded with them, which isn't us.   As for linebackers, I am not sure, I wonder who the strong LB is -- Holcomb?

a 5th is about my price point for him as well. He is 28 and only has 1.5 seasons of really good play. He hung around as a backup for a few years and was not a starter until 2019. I wonder what his contract demands will be. I'd have to assume he will want FT money as a starting point.. Maybe a 3 year deal but I think he's gonna be too expensive without a whole lot of work history to back it up.

25 minutes ago, Burgold said:

There's an interesting Wash Post article detailing Rivera's first free agency period in Carolina. He actually was very minimal and worked harder to lock up what he hoped would be his corp while adding a few blue collar guys, and had only one relatively big signing (Greg Olsen).

Olsen was traded to Carolina, not a free agent.

10 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I don't think so, although they're still out there, I can't remember any big FAs that Carolina ever signed when Ron was there. He's a firm believer in building through the draft and re-signing his own. 

So we were going after Cooper...and he rejected us.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan doubling down on what Keim has politely suggested in recent weeks which is the Redskins aren't an attractive destination for most players.  We've kind of turned into what the Browns once were, a place where you got to overpay for a FA because otherwise this isn't a sexy destination.

It was pretty sobering to listen to Keim say (and he's far from a flame thrower) that from what he heard Cleveland was a more attractive destination for Hooper so to lure him away from there, the Redskins had to do better than just match their offer.

I love the Rivera hire.  Love Kyle, too.  And I think they can dig themselves out of this hole but it sounds like they got some digging to do. 

It all comes down to Haskins and the uncertainty at QB...once he gets established and JDR makes this defense formidable we will become attractive again...

Archived