Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OC - Scott Turner incoming

UKskins

We only signed Fitz for a year.  He's the most overrated person on our roster. He's a journeyman QB that has bounced around on 9 teams. He will be and up and down QB; like he has his entire career. You will get a stretch where He's great but you will get a stretch where he’s  horrible. Whether we actually do break the Snyder playoff curse; will depend when we get Fitztragic and for how many games. I don't have confidence that Fitzmagic will be appearing as much as people are banking on. Frankly, I am probably being too generous with my 8-8-1 prediction.

Taylor is just a backup and he seems grateful to just get a chance to still play. He can be our backup for years.

If Ron goes into 22 without that medium term: Rodgers, Wilson QB or long term: draft pick, Watson QB; then He's on the hot seat in 22. If he has a losing season in 22, after a nonplayoff season in 21; without the QB question answered,  he will be fired after the 22 season.

Maybe he breaks the curse this year but you are dreaming if this team will do anything in the playoffs; without the QB question answered.  

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We only signed Fitz for a year.  He's the most overrated person on our roster. He's a journeyman QB that has bounced around on 9 teams. He will be and up and down QB; like he has his entire career. You will get a stretch where He's great but you will get a stretch where's horrible. Whether we actually do break the Snyder playoff curse; will depend when we get Fitztragic and for how many games. I don't have confidence that Fitzmagic will be appearing as much as people are banking on. Frankly, I am probably being too generous with my 8-8-1 prediction.

Taylor is just a backup and he seems grateful to just get a chance to still play. He can be our backup for years.

If Ron goes into 22 without that medium term: Rodgers, Wilson QB or long term: draft pick, Watson QB; then He's on the hot seat in 22. If he has a losing season in 22, after a nonplayoff season in 21; without the QB question answered,  he will be fired after the 22 season.

Maybe he breaks the curse this year but you are dreaming if this team will do anything in the playoffs; without the QB question answered.  

Not sure how you get here. I have yet to see anyone say Fitz is anything more than a short term answer and should give us at best average QB play. But even just average QB play would be light years ahead of what we had last year. So I think him playing average is fueling hope for the offense. 

As for his ups and downs, he is actually no different than most any other mid-range QB and in fact had a top 10 to 15 QB performance over his last 3 seasons. TD/Int ratio went from 1.3 to 1.6+. That's a pretty good move. The other thing he has not really had very good teams around him. We have a D that good enough to recover from his mistakes and give him more chances. 

There will be some picks. The goal is for Scott and Ron to get him to be more measured when he takes chances. I think he can be an average to slightly above average QB. That again would be light years better than the play we got last year. Add a 20 to 15 ranked off to a top 5 D and we could easily win the NFC East and even make a little noise. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Dang. When you're told you failed but ended up nailing it. 

Guess you missed the part where the starting QB got knocked out of the game.

And none of that matters anyway.  The whole point was the preseason means dick.  Just because today went poorly doesnt change that fact.  Nothing can change that fact.

7 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Guess you missed the part where the starting QB got knocked out of the game.

And none of that matters anyway.  The whole point was the preseason means dick.  Just because today went poorly doesnt change that fact.  Nothing can change that fact.

Ooohhhh. Because they still looked like they hadn't practiced together and we saw those run plays that told the Defense weren't running, so to stack the line. It still doesn't matter. 

Preseason is what you make of it. They made nothing of it. 

If Anything going to a QB who runs around off schedule maybe have helped keep it close. 

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Didn't hear/know this...assuming it's true of course.

Who is this dude? I've never heard of him, and I don't recall any of the beat reporters giving the same opinion.

There is a world of coordinators out there. Why do people choose Kevin O'Connell as the People's Coordinator? He rode on the coattails of Jay Gruden (blurgh) and now he's riding on the coattails of Sean McVay. We got half a season of him playing with Haskins, which is absolutely nothing to judge ANYONE off of. I don't love Scott Turner, I think he's as blank a slate as KOC was. But why not aim for someone better?

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Who is this dude? I've never heard of him, and I don't recall any of the beat reporters giving the same opinion.

There is a world of coordinators out there. Why do people choose Kevin O'Connell as the People's Coordinator? He rode on the coattails of Jay Gruden (blurgh) and now he's riding on the coattails of Sean McVay. We got half a season of him playing with Haskins, which is absolutely nothing to judge ANYONE off of. I don't love Scott Turner, I think he's as blank a slate as KOC was. But why not aim for someone better?

Rivera was high on O'Connell and the 34-year-old had heard great things about Rivera. The two talked and had terrific conversations, however as the process went forward it became clear the partnership was not going to work out. It did not come from O'Connell having a burning desire to leave, as he has a terrific relationship with Dwayne Haskins and would have loved the chance to keep working with him.

However, Rivera started hiring a number of coaches he had worked with in Carolina. As time went on, it was clear O'Connell would not get to fill out his own staff and the two had a discussion and determined they would move in separate directions. That eventual decision to go separate ways was cordial, and a source described the process as going "as good as these things can possibly go."

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 9:34 AM, Florgon79 said:

This guy calls games the way old people ****. It's ugly, there's no rhythm and you're left feeling bewildered. 

Well Norv's been in the building helping him fine tune his play calling

14 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Some of you guys are so obsessed with KOC. Still talking about wanting KOC. He was such a good  KOC that you still talk about him over a year later. You have to let go of your KOC dreams and move on. 

It’s like when the Rams won with Vermeil. Damn I had such Dick Envy then.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Some of you guys are so obsessed with KOC. Still talking about wanting KOC. He was such a good  KOC that you still talk about him over a year later. You have to let go of your KOC dreams and move on. 

I agree, but I will never move on from Sean McVay. There isn't a Sunday that goes by without me wondering what could have been. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 8:35 AM, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Personally, I don't blame KOC for passing on the position with those stipulations.

Going to the rams was such a better choice for KOC.  anyone with another solid option should leave WFT until hype actually translates to results and WFT gets their house in order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1