Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OC - Scott Turner incoming

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

My hope is that Turner is operating within what he sees as constraints through lack of talent. Some significant additions needed in the offseason.

I think he's coaching what he's got.  At the beginning of the season there wasn't any proven talent at TE or WR except for McLauren.  It's not possible to have a legitimate downfield offense with only one playmaker.  The upside of this season is that the young players got time on the field and some have really stepped up.  IMO though, the team still needs a #1/#2 quality WR as all of the WRs (not named Mclauren) are complementary pieces.  Ideally, I would like a new slot receiver as Steven Sims didn't really take the step up expected.  He can compete in the offseason and battle for special teams/backup.   So two new WRS and I'd like a new back-up TE too while I'm at it.  It's time to move on from Sprinkle and other hold-overs that can never produce.  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

I think he's coaching what he's got.  At the beginning of the season there wasn't any proven talent at TE or WR except for McLauren.  It's not possible to have a legitimate downfield offense with only one playmaker.  The upside of this season is that the young players got time on the field and some have really stepped up.  IMO though, the team still needs a #1/#2 quality WR as all of the WRs (not named Mclauren) are complementary pieces.  Ideally, I would like a new slot receiver as Steven Sims didn't really take the step up expected.  He can compete in the offseason and battle for special teams/backup.   So two new WRS and I'd like a new back-up TE too while I'm at it.  It's time to move on from Sprinkle and other hold-overs that can never produce.  

Agree. Great chance to get a quality mid round RB prospect too. 

I think Scott Turner is a very good offensive coordinator.  He called a conservative game last night against Philly because of Alex Smith's limited mobility.  Hopefully, Smith will have a little more mobility against Tampa Bay.  I'm sure he will need it.  Washington also has limited talent at WR.