OC - Scott Turner incoming

UKskins

• 5 months later...
On 10/9/2021 at 11:12 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Can we update the "incoming" part of the thread title ? 😉

I think he just "incame" again? :P

Personally, I like this.  He's had to deal with (in order):

- Haskins not studying or knowing the playbook

- Allen playing for 2 games and getting hurt.

- Alex Smith on one leg.

- Haskins again forced into duty and REALLY not knowing what he's doing.

- Smith again, this time on 1/2 of a leg

- A guy who had been in the organization for 5 weeks starting a playoff game

- the anointed starter for 2021 playing 16 snaps

- the backup having a water pistol of an arm which shrunk the playbook

- ALL of the QBs getting COVID and having to start a guy who was signed to the team on the Friday before a Sunday game

- back to the backup with no arm strength trying to finish out the season.

** In addition, in 2021, they lost their #2 WR (Samuel), #1 TE (Thomas), 3rd down RB (McKissic), their starting center (Rouiller), backup center (L-something), third string center and backup swing guard (Schweitzer), their RT (Cosmi), all-pro RG (Scherff) for parts of the season.  Yet they weren't completely incompetent on offense.  I think he schemed it up about as well as you could expect under these circumstances.  

Washington has had, measurably, some of the absolute worst QB play in the league the last 2 years.  (in fairness, it goes back to the second half of 2018).  

It's impossible to judge Turner under these circumstances, I think.  He's done enough things good that I think he deserves a shot with a legitimate NFL starting QB to see what he wants to run. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think he just "incame" again? :P

Personally, I like this.  He's had to deal with (in order):

- Haskins not studying or knowing the playbook

- Allen playing for 2 games and getting hurt.

- Alex Smith on one leg.

- Haskins again forced into duty and REALLY not knowing what he's doing.

- Smith again, this time on 1/2 of a leg

- A guy who had been in the organization for 5 weeks starting a playoff game

- the anointed starter for 2021 playing 16 snaps

- the backup having a water pistol of an arm which shrunk the playbook

- ALL of the QBs getting COVID and having to start a guy who was signed to the team on the Friday before a Sunday game

- back to the backup with no arm strength trying to finish out the season.

** In addition, in 2021, they lost their #2 WR (Samuel), #1 TE (Thomas), 3rd down RB (McKissic), their starting center (Rouiller), backup center (L-something), third string center and backup swing guard (Schweitzer), their RT (Cosmi), all-pro RG (Scherff) for parts of the season.  Yet they weren't completely incompetent on offense.  I think he schemed it up about as well as you could expect under these circumstances.  

Washington has had, measurably, some of the absolute worst QB play in the league the last 2 years.  (in fairness, it goes back to the second half of 2018).  

It's impossible to judge Turner under these circumstances, I think.  He's done enough things good that I think he deserves a shot with a legitimate NFL starting QB to see what he wants to run. 

I agree, it's worth a shot to give him more time with (hopefully) better QB play and more luck with players being healthy.

And besides, plenty of people on this board have already made it clear that no players want to come to DC. Why would it be any different for coaches? 😉