Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS ANNOUNCE RON RIVERA AS HEAD COACH

TK

4 minutes ago, dyst said:

I can’t get that excited because most of these go on script with similar jargon. Gotta say I am tired of coaches praising Snyder. I guess he is a nice guy but just tired of the Snyder gushing every time.

I don't doubt that a lot of the coaches and players love Snyder.  I think he's one that if you're famous or your going to help him, he's really nice to be around and he'll bend over backwards for you.  However if you're one of the peons, he'll piss on you all day.

Just now, Burgold said:

What this suggests, along with the fact that no one knew, is that all the backstabbing and dirty, ugly leaks that have been a part of the Redskins for the last decade were not coming from Dan. Not only does Dan not talk to the media, he knows how to keep things in -house.

It could suggest that for sure. It could also suggest that if he had a part in it, he has learned how bad of a business practice it is and wants to move on from it. Im honestly ok with either. 

Just now, Llevron said:

He very much comes off as a "sum of our parts" type coach rather than an "im super good at this" type coach. Which I prefer. I like the leaders like that in my life. 

This is a very important take away.

Another is the continued growth of Snyder.  

Winning isn't absolute. 

The breaking of Snyder after year 5.  

And his continued exploration of doing it the right way has taken another turn for the best.

From Gibbs who had absolute control but ultimately was out of touch.

To the Zorn (approved by Gibbs) for the ..maybe next new best thing... That was sad.

To Shanahan again, complete control and team president (and egomaniac)

To Bruce and once again complete control that resulted in a culture that resembled Bruce (artificial and donkey sauce).

Dan, to his credit has turned to a coach focus approach based on personal integrity and player respect.  

This is something to put my trust in.  

I feel good folks.

3 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

One thing I did not like is when Rivera said something to the effect of- The coaches and personnel people will collaborate and if they need added input, they'll involve Dan. Big mistake!

I would rather them be upfront about it. If he is going to be involved when needed, its better that he say it now than waiting for Diana Russini to leak it after a rough patch. 

And hes always gonna be involved. Thats the deck we are playing with here in Washington DC. 

2 minutes ago, dc1 said:

This is a very important take away.

Another is the continued growth of Snyder.  

Winning isn't absolute. 

The breaking of Snyder after year 5.  

And his continued exploration of doing it the right way has taken another turn for the best.

From Gibbs who had absolute control but ultimately was out of touch.

To the Zorn (approved by Gibbs) for the ..maybe next new best thing... That was sad.

To Shanahan again, complete control and team president (and egomaniac)

To Bruce and once again complete control that resulted in a culture that resembled Bruce (artificial and donkey sauce).

Dan, to his credit has turned to a coach focus approach based on personal integrity and player respect.  

This is something to put my trust in.  

I feel good folks.

Well said.  This is what is making a lot of us excited.  I just want this team to be respectable again. 

11 minutes ago, tele1 said:

You of all people with your #FireBruceAllen #SellTheTeamDan which I totally agree with btw should understand - Snyder gets it's wrong all the time

Rivera is capable, servicable yadda yadda yadda but also AVERAGE - & as a fan since 1980 I am supposed to be doing cartwheels and fist pumping and supporting the head office for "average at best"

I'm no Troll man - just a realistic fan

What's our reality (as fans) with arguably the worst owner in the NFL

Average at best buddy - that's it

You of all people should know & appreciate that

What makes me laugh is that Rivera said he was sold on the job when Snyder came to him with the revelation that the "coach vision" about being the centre of things like Patriots Seahawkes and chiefs etc was the way forward = is ALL TRUE btw as long as the coach is OUTSTANDING

Based on nearly 10 years as head coach - Rivera's track record is not OUTSTANDING - it's ordinary, average etc

That is my point - AVERAGE - is our ceiling as fans & as long as the weasel still owns the Redskins & my total distrust that the Redskins can turn the omnipresent dumpster fire into perennial winner will NEVER happen as long as Snyder owns the team

You of all people know this dude !!!!

btw - I am more than happy  to be wrong but as long as Danny boy is here - I doubt that I am

I guess the question I have is what makes Rivera "average"? His career winning percentage (.546) is nearly identical to Mike Shanahan (.552). Hell, Chuck Noll is only at .566. Marv Levy at .561. Dan Reeves at .535. I get that winning percentage isn't everything. Mike McCarthy's winning percentage is .618 and he's readily available. But do we really know what Rivera is? Bill Belichick is a great coach, and he had one winning season in his first 6 as a coach. Rivera didn't exactly have the best hand dealt to him in Carolina and he did alright. Do we really know if he's a good or bad coach? Seems like a crap-shoot.

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

I guess the question I have is what makes Rivera "average"? His career winning percentage (.546) is nearly identical to Mike Shanahan (.552). Hell, Chuck Noll is only at .566. Marv Levy at .561. Dan Reeves at .535. I get that winning percentage isn't everything. Mike McCarthy's winning percentage is .618 and he's readily available. But do we really know what Rivera is? Bill Belichick is a great coach, and he had one winning season in his first 6 as a coach. Rivera didn't exactly have the best hand dealt to him in Carolina and he did alright. Do we really know if he's a good or bad coach? Seems like a crap-shoot.

I see you dropping that anti troll logic!

im excited - and about everything. Not just the Ron - but HOW it happened.  Im tired of the "Its still Snyder" and "Nothing will change until Snyder is gone".

Snyder has mad a CRAP LOAD of mistakes.  And he is never going to be a accessible  owner.  BUT - you can't spend years complaining that Snyder should be doing things a different way, and then when he does, throw your hands up in the air and say "Nothing will change"

Why bother arguing if when someone says "you are right" you still arent happy?

For YEARS everyone has been screaming that Snyder needed to find football people from outside, review every bit of the organization, follow their recommendations, and get rid of anyone and everyone  if they do not fit into the new culture.  

So Dan Snyder went out and got a group of football people.  Had them review EVERY part of the org.  Snyder took their recommendations and followed it. Fired Bruce and others that were close to him, but not the right person.  Went thru EVERY bit of the organization.   

We said Dan's only job should be to get the right people then but out.  So he went and found the best available person right now and reviewed with him every bit of the org.  

He is doing everything we begged him to do for years. 

Yes -I enjoyed the press conference but ive been excited before. The difference to me, is this is not changing 1 piece. This is a overhaul, that seems to be the result of Dan Snyder losing all pride and bringing in outside help and saying "What needs to get done"

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I would rather them be upfront about it. If he is going to be involved when needed, its better that he say it now than waiting for Diana Russini to leak it after a rough patch. 

And hes always gonna be involved. Thats the deck we are playing with here in Washington DC. 

Exactly, it's called "managing up".  Bring your boss to your side by including him in disucssions.  If you try to go around him, he has the power to force you to do what he wants.  If you can convince him that your way is best or even better, make him think your idea really came from him, it's a win-win.

I was a little surprised that Ron didn't give Haskins a vote of confidence when given the chance (at least thats how I took it).  Sounded to me like he plans to play the best player period.  I like the approach but I also wonder how that works with Dwayne's development.  Id be surprised if Alex is the starter next year but I see him as the only competition as I think based on the second half of 2019 Haskins > Keenum.

12 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

One thing I did not like is when Rivera said something to the effect of- The coaches and personnel people will collaborate and if they need added input, they'll involve Dan. Big mistake!

This is not a mistake. It's ultimately how it works.

Cook facilitated the same position whenever there was a rift between the front office and Gibbs. And Cook absolutely didn't give a flying rats ass about the ins and outs of football.

Please don't believe that anyone and I mean anyone who invests in the success of any enterprise (that also happens to be the tip of the pyramid) is a voided presence.

Every NFL owner is the ultimate tie breaker.

The difference here is the collective experience and growth of Snyder as an owner.   He is (Dan) leaning on integrity and accountability through what he's betting on is a competent human and football coach.

4 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I was a little surprised that Ron didn't give Haskins a vote of confidence when given the chance (at least thats how I took it).  Sounded to me like he plans to play the best player period.  I like the approach but I also wonder how that works with Dwayne's development.  Id be surprised if Alex is the starter next year but I see him as the only competition as I think based on the second half of 2019 Haskins > Keenum.

He also said we will have veterans that could start.

4 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

"Happy Thanksgiving" Dan says at the outset. 😂😂😂😂

Very first words he has to say, he screws 'em up. So typical. No wonder he never speaks. Buffoon. 

I honestly think Dan has social anxiety, I have it and that seems like something I would do when the nerves take over.

1 minute ago, ShredSkins said:

He also said we will have veterans that could start.

I'm going to trust Ron on this.

I could not in good faith trust Shanahan or Jay.  

So, fresh off season folks!!  

3 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

stagef.jpg

Dan getting ready to speak.

This is the most true thing on the internet.

5 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I honestly think Dan has social anxiety, I have it and that seems like something I would do when the nerves take over.

I'm sure that's true. I have some of that as well, but for some reason I'm less sympathetic to this guy. Maybe it's the 20 soul-crushing years of crap as an owner? I don't know. Either way, must this doofus taint EVERYTHING? I now think he's also responsible for "FLECTHER". 

#bewarethereversecarwash

Archived