Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS ANNOUNCE RON RIVERA AS HEAD COACH

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

It’s funny how I brought up Gibbs as GM in a previous thread and people thought the idea crazy but I told you guys he’d be great to lead the front office. 

He knows how to build a winner and I’d always welcome his insight as a redskin great!

Edited by lovemaskins
  • Like 3
24 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Does anybody get bothered by the fact Snyder runs to Gibbs. Gibbs isnt involved in the NFL anymore and doesnt know up and coming talent. What the heck is Snyder going to due when Gibbs isnt around anymore.

this why...three rings...Jedi master...teaches student to be master

3FE0ABDD-B628-458F-A959-D9E90780EE47.gif

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Does anybody get bothered by the fact Snyder runs to Gibbs. Gibbs isnt involved in the NFL anymore and doesnt know up and coming talent. What the heck is Snyder going to due when Gibbs isnt around anymore.

Judging talent isn't about what you see on tape and on the field Its what YOU DONT SEE ON TAPE & on the field. Gibbs was a master at this, His mantra was drafting smart , tough players with great football  instincts "Redskins football" guys like Monte Coleman, Joe Jacoby, Clark, Sanders, B Mitch, Charles Mann i could go on and on. I truly believe Gibbs drafted a certain "culture" and always kept toxicity out of his locker room, and when it did rear its ugly head he traded it to oakland for a pro bowl Left Tackle. 😉

Gibbs won in the NFL and he wins in Nascar, Winners Win because their blueprint is better than those that lose. As much as Snyder disgusts me i do admire him for at least trying and taking advice in any way shape or form from a living legend and a great human being , Thank you Mr Gibbs for still being apart of this organization in some way.

Almost forgot why i came to this thread, I really like the Rivera signing, not sure i LOVE it , but i really like it.

Edited by JoeJacobyHOForRIOT
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Gibbs828791 said:

I’m actually thrilled when Gibbs is involved.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We’ll see, regarding the D I think we’ll try and be whatever we need to be on that given day. Adapting and playing sound. What I mean is maybe not a ton of blitzing, I think we’ll do it more than Manusky did. But way more effective stunts and movement from our D-line. Would not be surprised if we go get a couple new LB’s either, maybe in FA or maybe in the draft if we trade down. 

Overall though I hope to see two things. #1 stop seeing guys talking and clearly unsure of what they are Supposed to be doing right up till the ball is snapped, all throughout the second half of a season. That imo is surefire indicator that the D is lost.

And #2 the clear and consistent ability to stop the run, again this can go back to being sound within the defense, everyone knowing what to do and executing. And utilizing all your pieces to the maximum ability.

• TK unpinned this topic
14 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Gibbs won in the NFL and he wins in Nascar, Winners Win because their blueprint is better than those that lose. As much as Snyder disgusts me i do admire him for at least trying and taking advice in any way shape or form from a living legend and a great human being , Thank you Mr Gibbs for still being apart of this organization in some way.

To reinforce your point, after the NFL and before Nascar, Joe Gibbs also won a couple NHRA titles as well. He knows how to put people in place to succeed.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Gibbs828791 said:

What the heck is Snyder going to do when Gibbs isnt around anymore.

I do get what you are saying here, but Joe Gibbs is a franchise legend and he has had success in everything he does.  He is exactly the kind of leader you want Dan getting his advice from.  Joe Gibbs knows how to build a winning culture and put the best people in position to succeed.  In 2019, I would think the help Joe is providing/has provided is far more about the principals of leadership and culture building not the X's and O's of the modern NFL.   

For as long as he is wiling to advise and work with the organization they should listen to him.  Hopefully, this is the last time it's necessary.     

I'm starting to get that same old feeling that I got from Bruce!  Only now instead of wanting to throw up after another Tampa loser hire.  It's another caolina hire!  I just got too hope it turns out better then the Tampa connections!  

So sick of watching them lose!  

• Confused 1
5 minutes ago, burgngold fan said:

I'm starting to get that same old feeling that I got from Bruce!  Only now instead of wanting to throw up after another Tampa loser hire.  It's another caolina hire!  I just got too hope it turns out better then the Tampa connections!  

Save for coaches that are firmly entrenched in a position for a few years, this is usually what you will see. It happens everywhere.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, burgngold fan said:

Was Del Rio not outside of the Carolina circle? We have absolutely no room not to trust this guy. He has proven that he can build a successful program, much better than what we've had.

Redskins fans need to be deprogrammed from analyzing every bloody thing. We are probably the only fanbase that gives a crap about who the nerd is that drafts contracts. 

Three of the most important coaching staff hires/retentions came from outside Rivera's direct sphere:

Defensive Coordinator Del Rio

ST Coordinator Kaczor

QB Coach Zampese

The fact that position coaches are guys Rivera is familiar with and trusts to help him hit the ground running in terms of techniques desired, schemes taught, and culture cultivated...those are plusses in our situation imo. 

Anyone who wanted an experienced veteran OC, I get you. Me too. Though I've talked about Turner (and especially Turner vs. KOC) in his own thread. 

• Like 2

Im beginning to get the feeling riverboat Ron has been down this river before.

Cant comment on anybodies abilities, but wondering why he seems so determined to exactly replicate what got Carolina 3 winning seasons in 9.  If these coaches and personnel are all so good, why werent they in Carolina?

So, the current FO looks like this:

Owner Dan Snyder

⬇️

Coach Ron Rivera

⬇️

Football                             Contracts                           Personnel                       Player Development

⬇️                                        ⬇️                                       ⬇️                                            ⬇️                        

OC - Scott Turner            Rob Rogers                   College - Kyle Smith              Malcolm Blacken

DC - Jack DelRio                                                      Pro - Alex Santos                   Doug Williams                                  

30 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

So, the current FO looks like this:                     

Thanks HigSkin.  Only thing I'd like to see change is Santos released and Smith promoted to Santos position.  Maybe it happens when we get our new GM in place.