Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

46 minutes ago, StepyagameuP said:

WHAT IF.... The Giants started up all the QB controversy at #4 so that teams would start intentionally calling us to move up for a QB at #2?

ALL IN AN EFFORT.. For us not to land Chase Young?

Has that angle been thought through?

I think the Giants are trying to get teams to trade up with them.  By saying they are looking hard at Justin Herbert, and going off the precedent that Arizona set last year, they may get a team or two panic and trade big time to secure Herbert.  Personally, I hope they draft Herbert and then they will have spent two first round picks on high-bust potential QBs.

4 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I think the Giants are trying to get teams to trade up with them.  By saying they are looking hard at Justin Herbert, and going off the precedent that Arizona set last year, they may get a team or two panic and trade big time to secure Herbert.  Personally, I hope they draft Herbert and then they will have spent two first round picks on high-bust potential QBs.

AND they spent a high first the year before on an RB who will be up for a payday in 2 seasons. 

56 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Ultimately is it our decision whether we take Young at #2 or not.

Well Cincy does have a little say in it 😎

56 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Ultimately is it our decision whether we take Young at #2 or not.

Well Cincy does have a little say in it 😎

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Ultimately is it our decision whether we take Young at #2 or not. Forget all the peripheral noise. If he’s that really that good and the offer doesn’t match, we won’t trade out. If the offer is too good to turn down, then you take it and that has to be viewed as a win as well. 

Only fail here is a ‘poor value’ trade back. And that’s all on RR and Smith.

I pretty much agree here. 

If I could guarantee a blue chip player at the trade down position and I was happy with the extra picks I would consider it. 

It really comes down to management's big board and what they are looking to accomplish scheme wise coupled with where they see draft prospects fitting in. 

I'm OK with trades such as:

simmons + ruggs + picks in 2021.

Or

Jeudy/lamb + highest rated lineman + picks in 2021.

But i haven't done the draft research to properly make that call. Ron and friends should be prepared though and if you don't get blown away by trade offers just pick chase young.

1 hour ago, StepyagameuP said:

WHAT IF.... The Giants started up all the QB controversy at #4 so that teams would start intentionally calling us to move up for a QB at #2?

ALL IN AN EFFORT.. For us not to land Chase Young?

Has that angle been thought through?

Sounds like a bit of a long shot to me. Maybe if Bruce or Vinny were still here they could convince people that we're that stupid, but not with RR.

Also, no teams are really going to believe that the Giants are seriously thinking of taking a QB at 4. The league is probably just ignoring Gettleman. That guy can barely play tic-tac-toe, let alone checkers or chess.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Hmm. The scouting report for the HS All-American Bowl has his favorite team as the Eagles.

Sad thing is he was brought up in the DMV in an era where the Redskins were losers and uncool to like aside from some fleeting success with Gibbs 2.  Eagles were a much cooler team to like and a winning organization.  Hopefully he's part of the solution now. 😀

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sad thing is he was brought up in the DMV in an era where the Redskins were losers and uncool to like aside from some fleeting success with Gibbs 2.  Eagles were a much cooler team to like and a winning organization.  Hopefully he's part of the solution now. 😀

That or he was an Eagles fan, then someone finally took him to a home game there and he saw what complete and utter lowlifes Eagles fans are and decided he didn't want to be associated with people like that.  :ols:

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Would Miami offer up three firsts and a 2nd to move up to #2? It seems now that the prize QB to get is Herbert....

Again, what makes sense is this:

Miami trades three 1sts, a 2nd and a 4th to Washington to move up to #2 and acquire Trent Williams.

Washington trades #5, #18 and a 2nd to Detroit to move up to #3

Detroit stays at #5 and picks up #18 and Miami's 2nd.

The Skins end up at #3 and get Miami's other #1 pick and a 4th. 

It's a sick offer by the Dolphins but they get a QB and starting left tackle out of it. 

Detroit does very well and could realistically continue to deal up or down in the coming rounds.

Skins get Chase Young and a late 1st to take a WR, TE or tackle....or they can continue to trade back to pick up more picks. 

25 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Eagles were a much better team, with a great stadium in a good area in a great city. I'm sure he did grow up an Eagles fan.

I always laugh at people talking about Philly/Eagles fans bc they saw a clip of batteries being thrown at Santa in the 70s or whatever. Most haven't been to Philly to judge. It's a great city and in my experience while they are homers, they generally have less casual fans and more knowledge about their team and the league than most fanbases. 

• Like 1

It was the Fourth of July, but most football coaches prefer film to fireworks, and a hard workout to an easy cookout. Larry Johnson was happy to spend the day helping a player he didn’t coach anymore.

Joey Bosa was a Charger, the reigning NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, and he wanted to get better. He knew where to go. Johnson, Bosa’s defensive line coach at Ohio State, may be the best coach at his position in the sport, on any level. They met on the OSU campus. Most Buckeyes were home with their families; Joey’s younger brother Nick was back in Florida getting dental work done. Johnson called the only player in his unit who was on campus, a freshman who told Johnson he had a simple goal: “Coach, I want to be the best ever.”

Well, freshmen say a lot of crazy things. This was a chance for Chase Young to see what it meant to be great—and for Johnson to see how much Young wanted it. 

“I’ve got Joey Bosa here,” Johnson told him. “Why don’t you come and watch his workout?”

Because of NCAA rules, Young couldn’t join Bosa on the field that day. He went anyway. He watched Bosa’s whole workout, then watched video of it with him afterward, peppering him with questions.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I always laugh at people talking about Philly/Eagles fans bc they saw a clip of batteries being thrown at Santa in the 70s or whatever. Most haven't been to Philly to judge. It's a great city and in my experience while they are homers, they generally have less casual fans and more knowledge about their team and the league than most fanbases. 

It's a great game day experience. My Dad grew up within listening distance of all the stadiums. I lived there a few times too. I love being from Philly and enjoy busting balls about it around here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Reality is I wouldnt write home about anyone's fans, save for maybe GB, overall. People are jackasses. Football just amplifies that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Would Miami offer up three firsts and a 2nd to move up to #2? It seems now that the prize QB to get is Herbert....

Again, what makes sense is this:

Miami trades three 1sts, a 2nd and a 4th to Washington to move up to #2 and acquire Trent Williams.

Washington trades #5, #18 and a 2nd to Detroit to move up to #3

Detroit stays at #5 and picks up #18 and Miami's 2nd.

The Skins end up at #3 and get Miami's other #1 pick and a 4th. 

It's a sick offer by the Dolphins but they get a QB and starting left tackle out of it. 

Detroit does very well and could realistically continue to deal up or down in the coming rounds.

Skins get Chase Young and a late 1st to take a WR, TE or tackle....or they can continue to trade back to pick up more picks. 

I'd bet money on Miami staying at 5. Either Tua, Herbert or likely both, will be there and they can use the other picks to build up their roster. Why would they give up 3 1st round picks to move up and get a QB who will probably be there when they pick at 5 + an aging, oft injured LT who wants big time money when they could keep their picks, get their QB at 5, and then get a really good Tackle prospect in a deep class on a rookie contract at 18?

Your scenario makes no sense. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'd bet money on Miami staying at 5. Either Tua, Herbert or likely both, will be there and they can use the other picks to build up their roster. Why would they give up 3 1st round picks to move up and get a QB who will probably be there when they pick at 5 + an aging, oft injured LT who wants big time money when they could keep their picks, get their QB at 5, and then get a really good Tackle prospect in a deep class on a rookie contract at 18?

Your scenario makes no sense. 

It may not make any sense to you but the scuttlebutt is that Tua is falling and Herbert is the prize. This race to get a QB could be down to one big prize....Herbert and sometimes teams do crazy things, like trade 4 picks to move up 1 spot (Bears for Trubisky). And lots of teams over the years have done crazy things in the draft once they target a guy they have to have. 

What Miami does sets this entire draft in motion....do they keep all of their picks and sit tight or do they use the picks to move up. Sitting at 5 leaves them in a spot to get nervous and impatient, that alone makes teams panic. Not all GM's think alike....

• Like 1