Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Breer

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/20/joe-burrow-path-number-one-pick-mock-draft?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_medium=social

2) Washington: Washington’s tire-kicking on the quarterbacks was, as we’ve detailed here the last couple months, an effort to gain great knowledge of the landscape. They want to know what they’d be passing on by sticking with Dwayne Haskins. They also wanted to smoke out any and all trade offers. That said, I had an old associate of Ron Rivera’s tell me at the combine to “mark it down with a Sharpie” that he’d take Ohio State DE Chase Young with the second overall pick. Two months later, what may have been a fait accompli from the start will be done. And Young should supercharge a defensive line group loaded with former first-round picks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

See that article from a few days ago about how the guys in his family usually grown from 6'3"ish to 6'8"ish around age 24? I keep thinking about this. He's already 6'6" and can add more weight and height. Insane.

Hopefully he doesn't sprout 5 inches or we'll be talking about converting him to tight end.

Or trading him to the lakers.

• Like 1

Dolphins reporter I listened to on the weekend said he hears they won't trade up with the Redskins.  Just listened to McCloughan on 980, said Young is one of the best players he's ever scouted.   He pumped up Kyle Smith, said talented scout, really good guy, will do a really good job. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

And the people who wouldn't shut the **** up about always wanting those late season wins in lost seasons because they're "real fans" (as if you can quantify that) are so stoked about Young right now and won't ever acknowledge how differently this could have gone and how important those late season losses were to our future.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

And the people who wouldn't shut the **** up about always wanting those late season wins in lost seasons because they're "real fans" (as if you can quantify that) are so stoked about Young right now and won't ever acknowledge how differently this could have gone and how important those late season losses were to our future.

Yep.  My take then and remains now, to each their own as to what makes someone a good fan.   So I was a bit irritated about those who criticized some of us for rooting for the loses. 

For me, in my book, I thought everyone who rooted for those loses were great fans.  They were big picture-long term thinkers about the franchise.  Let's say we beat the Giants and the Eagles at the end of the season.  So what?  It would have meant they went 5-11.  It would have done nothing for my off season enjoyment to bask in meaningless wins like that. 

If the Giants were getting all the hype for getting Chase Young while we braced for facing him for the next 10 years  -- we'd happily just shrug it off because heck at least we beat them once last year so we can always go back and bask on NFL.com Game Pass and rewatch that game whenever we like?  😀  Not me.

And again, I am not knocking anyone who disagreed with it.  But some of them were knocking our fandom. Fast forward to now, life feels a bit better with Chase Young headed here.  And for those who thought about that in advance during the season and actively rooted for that outcome -- they are as good Redskins fans as anyone.  😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

We were darn close to the number 1 over all pick lest a botched 2-point conversion vs the Dolphins. 

We were even close at the end of the year.  If the Dolphins hadn't beaten the Bengals 38-35 in OT Week 16, we'd be sitting at #1 overall.

We'd have been able to trade down and still get Young at #2.  

It's not a total loss though.  At least I didn't have to read through a thousand Draft Burrow threads.  It would have been unbearable. 

• Haha 2