Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me definitely among that crowd, I almost had a heart attack when we tied the score against the Giants and went to over time. 

Rooting against my Skins with a bunch of Giants fans that I'm usually at war with was not easy. But it looks like it very well might be worth it!

10 hours ago, redskinss said:

These guys have to be politicians about this.

5 is the exact answer you'd expect.

Anything less and its, he doesn't want to play for the Redskins.

Anything more and its he only wants to play for his hometown. 

Could be. But I think its more... Either the Bengals will select him or the Skins will select him. 50/50. 50%. Hes stating the obvious.

Edited by NYSkins21
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NYSkins21 said:

Rooting against my Skins with a bunch of Giants fans that I'm usually at war with was not easy. But it looks like it very well might be worth it!

It's never easy to not really want the Skins to win, so yeah it was tough. But for me it was worth it to not only get Chase Young, but also to hear a co-worker friend of mine who is a huge Giants fan cursing up a storm the next day because he knew winning that pointless game meant they wouldn't get Young and we likely would. He'd been harping for a couple weeks about how the Giants were going to get CY and he'd terrorize the the Skins for the next 10+ years.

I came in that Monday and was like:

trollface.jpg?1296494117

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This is the first truly hopeless season I've had the pleasure of enjoying as a fan and I really did enjoy it. It was liberating.

Without a doubt! Because there was so much to win by losing. A long overdue organizational restructure and culture change starting with #firebruceallen. And of course having Chase Young at our fingertips. A true sense of restarting and resurrection.

• Like 6

He isn't the main feature in these two videos, but this is additional footage of Chase being a disruptor that you may not have seen before. There are countless ill-advised early throws because of Chase's pressure, and many more times where he is inches away from a sack. 

At the 12:00 mark onwards, watch Chase Young and the impact he had against Clemson. At the 15:05 mark he was literally bear-hugged around the legs and nearly tackled to the ground against Clemson, no call. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, mistertim said:

It's never easy to not really want the Skins to win, so yeah it was tough. But for me it was worth it to not only get Chase Young, but also to hear a co-worker friend of mine who is a huge Giants fan cursing up a storm the next day because he knew winning that pointless game meant they wouldn't get Young and we likely would. He'd been harping for a couple weeks about how the Giants were going to get CY and he'd terrorize the the Skins for the next 10+ years.

I imagine you've seen me pound the table about never ever hoping the skins lose..ever no matter for what reason I never root for them to lose...welllll now that it's in the past..

Especially the last couple weeks of last year, I couldn't have asked for a better way for the skins to lose. God it was perfect..in the game the whole time, scoring, having fun..than to lose in the last minute to secure that #2 spot was great.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NYSkins21 said:

Could be. But I think its more... Either the Bengals will select him or the Skins will select him. 50/50. 50%. Hes stating the obvious.

Haha I have to imagine that looked awkward as **** them rooting for the skins you for the giants lol 

• Haha 1

I'm extra high on Young because of what we have on the DL already. Adding him to a rotation of Sweat, Ion, Payne, Allen, Kerrigan, Settle & Anderson should be a devastating group when taken as a whole.

If we had a DL of say, Ziggy Hood, Jason Hatcher, Chris Baker and Kedrick Goldston, I'd be in the trade down camp.. because young isn't going to turn subpar talent guys into all pros. But he CAN help turn super talented guys like Sweat, Ion, Allen and Payne into pro bowlers, because they've got a ton of talent already.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jamellm78 said:

Nothing really surprising there. Rivera said himself that he'd listen to offers but then said that he doubted a team would be willing to give up what they'd probably be asking for. It's getting really close to draft day so the "testing the waters" calls will start coming in. I doubt it will go anywhere though.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Nothing really surprising there. Rivera said himself that he'd listen to offers but then said that he doubted a team would be willing to give up what they'd probably be asking for. It's getting really close to draft day so the "testing the waters" calls will start coming in. I doubt it will go anywhere though.

In a recent interview, Rivera said (paraphrasing poorly) that he's listening to offers, but no matter what he has to get an impact guy or else we just have a bunch of picks.  I'm a big fan of this approach.  I'll take a HOFer (not crowning Young as such, just a hyperbolic hypothetical) over a couple of dice rolls for starters.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, mistertim said:

trollface.jpg?1296494117

Landon Collins did a Twitter AMA, and Giants fans started jumping in and trolling him about getting beat by a back-up TE for the winning TD...they were actually happy about that win...

44 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

In a recent interview, Rivera said (paraphrasing poorly) that he's listening to offers, but no matter what he has to get an impact guy or else we just have a bunch of picks.  I'm a big fan of this approach.  I'll take a HOFer (not crowning Young as such, just a hyperbolic hypothetical) over a couple of dice rolls for starters.

Yeah I liked that as well. If you can trade back and get a guy you have graded as having just as much of an impact as the guy you were going to take at your original position then go for it (also taking positional value into account I'm assuming). If not, you don't take it. In a normal situation I'd say that would make us ripe for trading down with guys like Simmons and Okudah likely to be there at 5 (if it's Miami who wanted to trade up), but having Chase Young on the board changes that whole equation IMO. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NYSkins21 said:

It's funny you mention that.  My in-laws (and wife) are mostly Giants fans.  My wife wouldn't root for Giants losses.  I was so upset when the Giants CB had that pass interference at the end of the game to help the Redskins tie it.   When Daniel Jones completed the pass to win the game in OT, I shouted for joy and my wife looked at me like I was crazy.

She's a casual football fan at best.  But I've been playing a lot of sports shows in the morning while she's in front of the TV and sees Chase Young, Chase Young, Chase Young....now she gets why I was so hyped back then for the losses. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Still not sure why some people think our pass rush is a current strength.  We ranked 25th in pass rush win rate last year.

I think usually they're pointing to our number of sacks in 2019; we were top 10 in number of sacks. But I think that loses sight of other numbers such as being 25th in win rate (as you noted), and being literally dead last in opponent 3rd down conversion percentage. To me those two numbers are more important than just looking at sack totals in a vacuum. The 3rd down issue was IMO both scheme related as well as personnel. We have quality guys, but we don't have any big time finishers who are at their best in the most critical moments. 

That's one of the things I noticed when watching Chase Young's tape. Yes, he has an elite get-off, elite balance and lateral agility, outstanding technique and handwork, etc. But one of the biggest things to me is that the dude is a finisher. He gets to the QB, he bends the edge consistently, he gets lots of strip sacks. He also shows up in the big moments when a play is needed the most (ie 3rd downs). 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StepyagameuP said:

WHAT IF.... The Giants started up all the QB controversy at #4 so that teams would start intentionally calling us to move up for a QB at #2?

ALL IN AN EFFORT.. For us not to land Chase Young?

Has that angle been thought through?

It crossed my mind.  Same reason why Detroit is claiming they are getting calls about no. 3.  If someone moves to 2 to take Tua, Young falls into their laps and they get the best player in the draft at no. 3 overall. 

• Sad 1

Ultimately is it our decision whether we take Young at #2 or not. Forget all the peripheral noise. If he’s that really that good and the offer doesn’t match, we won’t trade out. If the offer is too good to turn down, then you take it and that has to be viewed as a win as well. 

Only fail here is a ‘poor value’ trade back. And that’s all on RR and Smith.

• Like 1