Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He had a sack yesterday so it must have been a good game.

It was a good game, nothing special. 2 tfls with a sack. Having only 1 pressure against 3rd string lineman isn't really ground breaking though. But for two weeks in a row he's made plays which is great. 

12 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Chase is being slowly drip fed into the league. He’s being carefully managed. He’s going to be an animal.

I didn't think you had to do that with generational talent...thought that **** was just boom time....you know.....like sack machine ****. Kidding of course...not really.

As for the Bosa-Young debate: Nick and Chase are both Larry Johnson protégés. Nick has the better football bloodlines via his parents/uncle/brother; and so was was always going to be more ready on Day 1 due to innate technique honed over decades, and sharpened via the best DL teacher in LJ Senior. Chase has the better ceiling though, according to LJ. It’ll just take him a little bit longer, but once he figures it out, look out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinbuck said:

As for the Bosa-Young debate: Nick and Chase are both Larry Johnson protégés. Nick has the better football bloodlines via his parents/uncle/brother; and so was was always going to be more ready on Day 1 due to innate technique honed over decades, and sharpened via the best DL teacher in LJ Senior. Chase has the better ceiling though, according to LJ. It’ll just take him a little bit longer, but once he figures it out, look out!

Sounds good! We should draft him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

I didn't think you had to do that with generational talent...thought that **** was just boom time....you know.....like sack machine ****. Kidding of course...not really.

When I say he’s being carefully managed, I mean more from a health/physical perspective. His reps were up this week I think, but we’re not running him, or any of our DL for that matter, into the ground.

• Like 1

That is such a hard throw on a rushed drop like that.  A gap pressure is like having a shot blocker waiting in the paint when you are driving to the rim with no time in the shot clock to pass.  It's going to alter your throw.

I like seeing DaRon work gap to gap like that too.  I like him in the three technique on passing downs because of how fast he is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Rookie season he averaged almost 5 pressures a game. If Chase got 5 pressures in a game just once this season I'd be impressed. 

Nick Bosa is made of egg shells. Missed most of his last college season. Is missing this season. Brother is always injured. Those guys aren’t durable. Furthermore, that’s not hindsight. I said at the time of the draft that Sweat would be better than Bosa because of the injuries. 

Also, Bosa was a super well developed prospect with a very high floor. But, not the highest ceiling. I don’t ever see him collecting 15-20 sacks. Chase has a much higher ceiling. And Chase has improved our defense immensely. 

16 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Nick Bosa is made of egg shells. Missed most of his last college season. Is missing this season. Brother is always injured. Those guys aren’t durable. Furthermore, that’s not hindsight. I said at the time of the draft that Sweat would be better than Bosa because of the injuries. 

Also, Bosa was a super well developed prospect with a very high floor. But, not the highest ceiling. I don’t ever see him collecting 15-20 sacks. Chase has a much higher ceiling. And Chase has improved our defense immensely. 

If Bosa never improved from his rookie season that's a pretty high ceiling, lol. You guys are out of your minds. He was so good as a rookie that you didn't even compare him to other rookies, he was one of the best d ends in all of football. Why you guys didn't expect that from our #2 pick is the big question. He's doing things that you expect from a first/second round draft pick, not the #2 pick. Like yesterday he should have absolutely feasted against 3rd string lineman. He had I think 1 pressure all game and that was the sack. 

11 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

If Bosa never improved from his rookie season that's a pretty high ceiling, lol. You guys are out of your minds. He was so good as a rookie that you didn't even compare him to other rookies, he was one of the best d ends in all of football. Why you guys didn't expect that from our #2 pick is the big question. He's doing things that you expect from a first/second round draft pick, not the #2 pick. Like yesterday he should have absolutely feasted against 3rd string lineman. He had I think 1 pressure all game and that was the sack. 

It's been explained. He had less PR moves, because he lacked the pedigree. He was so far ahead physically in college that it takes longer to develop and adapt in the pros for him than Bosa. He's been injured. He doesn't play on a complete defense. Our offense is usually behind. 

The reason most of us aren't down on him, is because we understood this coming into the season. Most of us, myself included, knew our expectations were lofty, but when they weren't met, we knew why. 

• Like 1