Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's been explained. He had less PR moves, because he lacked the pedigree. He was so far ahead physically in college that it takes longer to develop and adapt in the pros for him than Bosa. He's been injured. He doesn't play on a complete defense. Our offense is usually behind. 

The reason most of us aren't down on him, is because we understood this coming into the season. Most of us, myself included, knew our expectations were lofty, but when they weren't met, we knew why. 

I mean, I see what you guys are saying in terms of potential, like maybe he turns out to be one of the best d ends in the league. And I'm not arguing he's bad, he's definitely 1st round material. The only thing I see that is worth a #2 pick is his personality and leadership and one can argue that is worth the pick. But to say I'm not disappointed with his production so far would be just lying. I was hoping for less of a project and more of a can't miss #2 pick that competed with Bosa for who's a better rookie. But his numbers are so off that I have no clue how anyone can't be a little disappointed. They are numbers that are barely better than DJ Wonnums who is a 4th round pick. 

• Confused 1

I did some random looking at their formations at D line.  Years back I did this in the off season for Manusky's defenses.  On first blush, Del Rio mixes it up more.  I couldn't really nail down easy patterns except for some.

Like Manusky's defenses:  Allen is typically on the right side, Payne on the left.  Though saw Payne for one play on the right which I don't recall seeing Manusky do

Payne often plays 3 technique on plays that are long -8 yards plus.  Allen sometimes moves to 1

Payne often playing 1 or 0 with Allen playing 3 against the run

Sometimes 5 or even 6 defensive lineman at the same time (Settle/Payne/ Allen) on obvious run downs

They moved (or at least in this game they did) Settle around like a chess piece.  0, 1, 3, stunts, etc.

He likes to use this MLBs to blitz up the A gap or threaten to blitz and then pull back

If I had a takeaway watching this it would be imagine if they had one of these hybrid LB types whio can rush the passer on obvious passing downs and also cover -- a dude perhaps like a Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah might be the finishing touch.  Maybe Chaz Surratt?  I doubt offenses are petrified when they see Holcomb or Bostic creep towards the line of scrimmage.  But imagine if they had a dude who would scare defenses for an A gap type blitz?  That would be a handful for them to worry about especially if they keep doubling Chase on the edge. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 1.05.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 1.06.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 1.08.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 1.09.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 1.13.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 1.14.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 1.22.15 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GOATFrerotte said:

I mean, I see what you guys are saying in terms of potential, like maybe he turns out to be one of the best d ends in the league. And I'm not arguing he's bad, he's definitely 1st round material. The only thing I see that is worth a #2 pick is his personality and leadership and one can argue that is worth the pick. But to say I'm not disappointed with his production so far would be just lying. I was hoping for less of a project and more of a can't miss #2 pick that competed with Bosa for who's a better rookie. But his numbers are so off that I have no clue how anyone can't be a little disappointed. They are numbers that are barely better than DJ Wonnums who is a 4th round pick. 

Are you a math fan or a football fan. I watch football and understand football. I'm not certain you do. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Are you a math fan or a football fan. I watch football and understand football. I'm not certain you do. 

So your understanding of football is that a d end that has only hit the qb 5 times all year has lived up to the expectations of a can't pass up #2 draft pick? Yikes.

4 hours ago, GOATFrerotte said:

At this point dude u gotta be trolling about this bosa expectation. I tell you what if you love bosa so much go become a san fran fan and let his such eliteness make you complete. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

At this point dude u gotta be trolling about this bosa expectation. I tell you what if you love bosa so much go become a san fran fan and let his such eliteness make you complete. 

If he ever gets back to that form after his second season ending surgery in 3 years 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

If he ever gets back to that form after his second season ending surgery in 3 years 

It kills me that people regret that we don't have Nick Bosa and Derwin James and I'm pretty sure neither guy has been healthy for more than 13 consecutive minutes. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It kills me that people regret that we don't have Nick Bosa and Derwin James and I'm pretty sure neither guy has been healthy for more than 13 consecutive minutes. 

Super predictable with Bosa. Was/is a problem in college. Was a problem with his brother. 

1 hour ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

, he has not hit the quarterback only five times

Yes, I know it is that shocking it almost seems unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

One can use examples of players around the league to evaluate their own players. Doesn't have to be all crazy where you have to switch teams like what you're suggesting, lol.

Edited by GOATFrerotte

I think Young and Sweat are the highest set of teammates on that chart. Considering that each of their respective growth makes life even easier for the other guy, that is a horrifying omen for other teams regarding their future. These guys are in year 1 and 2... and Sweat was so raw the meat was not only still attached to the bone, it was running free on the Savannah. 

They are already scary. Those two after a full offseason will be nightmare fuel.

I'm salivating like I'm getting to meet the brains people that work at NASA.

• Like 2

Looking like Chase is really getting after it.  Yeah the penalty in the Lions game sucked, but he and Sweat are starting to excel at generating pressure.  Double teams are a real sign of respect and keeping opposing OT's on a swivel.  

Edited by SAli457180

41 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Yes, I know it is that shocking it almost seems unbelievable. 

One can use examples of players around the league to evaluate their own players. Doesn't have to be all crazy where you have to switch teams like what you're suggesting, lol.

I mean...in all realness bro. What has bosa done this year? Oh, nothing right because he is injured? So you want young to replicate those stats next year too then? 

5 hours ago, GOATFrerotte said:

So your understanding of football is that a d end that has only hit the qb 5 times all year has lived up to the expectations of a can't pass up #2 draft pick? Yikes.

So I take it you didn't examine the wins vs double teams chart that we've been talking about for the last couple pages... 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Sounds like Reds......old Washington football.

4 hours ago, Xameil said:

Its ok...we already were... ;)

How would you eat yours?

8 hours ago, GOATFrerotte said:

We all want more. Hes really good but not unstoppable yet. There are reasons for that. You've heard them over and over. Grow up.

• Like 2

https://247sports.com/college/maryland/Article/Washington-Football-Team-defensive-line-Jonathan-Allen-Chase-Young-Dallas-Cowboys-game-Alabama-Ohio-State-155454312/

"Chase Young is everything that you expect out of a No. 2 overall pick, man," Allen said Tuesday via The Sports Junkies on 106.7 FM The Fan in Washington, D.C. "He comes in, he works, he's humble, he grinds. He's passionate, he's fiery and he wants it. I mean, for me personally, I don't think there's anything else I could ever ask from him."

"The people who say that, 'Oh, his numbers aren't high,' they're probably the same people who watch the game through a calculator," Allen said. "And that's just the facts. I know so many things that a player does that affects the game that don't show up in the stat book.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1