Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is a realistic trade offer for Trent Williams in a few months?

Skinsota

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've flipped on trading Trent.  If they can't get a first for him, I am hoping to keep him.  I think there is a decent chance they go with Chase in the first and if so the next shot at a LT is the third round which isn't an easy round to find a good one.  FA doesn't look hot on the LT front either. 

I agree. The team will be in position next year to compete for a playoff spot, even if Haskins is a top 20 type guy, so I’m all about keeping the best LT in the game on the team. 

Getting  way ahead but merits some discussion is him getting an extension if he were to come back. 1 year, then leaving isn’t attractive, but may have no choice. We’ll see. 

10 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I agree. The team will be in position next year to compete for a playoff spot, even if Haskins is a top 20 type guy, so I’m all about keeping the best LT in the game on the team. 

Greeting way ahead but merits some discussion is him getting an extension if he were to come back. 1 year, then leaving isn’t attractive, but may have no choice. We’ll see. 

From what beat guys have said you have to change this coming year's contract from non-guaranteed to guaranteed contract at a minimum.  With Bruce and Hess gone the vibe they got now it's purely about money now -- all the personal stuff isn't a factor now, etc.  

I posted this elsewhere but its relevant here.

FF which swears by its offensive line ratings more than any other position ranks us at 13 without Trent.  With Trent, I'd bet this easily would be top 10.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-following-2019-regular-season

13. WASHINGTON REDSKINS

The Redskins’ offensive line was operating without its best player all season, as Trent Williams sat out, but the group still managed to finish among the top half of the league in our rankings, led by Brandon Scherff before his season-ending injury. Scherff was a force to be reckoned with in the run game this season. His 76.3 run-blocking grade ranked fifth among all qualifying guards.

33 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Man... been screaming about this point, but you here the same old rhetoric about his age. Williams is a freak and will easily play into his mid 30s at a high level. He also hasn’t experienced any significant lower body injuries.  

I think the year off of football was probably good for him too.  It's not crazy to think he's got another three to four legit good seasons left.

7 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I always wanted Trent back. An all time favorite. Anyone who doesn’t is cray cray. 

If we’re gonna change the culture, I’d be thrilled to see him be a part of it. Dude has balled on some trash teams.

Unless changing the culture means a team first attitude. 

He is 31, maybe has another solid 3 years left? If you get a 1st you take it. If you get a high 2nd, you strongly consider it. All this especially if you have to convince him to stay. If his heart is no longer in DC then take it.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm sure someone is willing to pay him 10 million dollars for 8 games, while worrying about him smoking weed, defending dog fights, inbreeding pitbulls or being a priss with the FO. Big baby can kick rocks. Let the old team die out. 

Lol... that’s one way of looking at it. 

Remember though, some of his missed games were due to suspension and being put on IR when out of contention and another being his thumb. Nothing crazy that has sapped his athletic ability. If weed is the worry, then I got nothing for you

22 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The only way Trent should be back is if we can sign him to an extension. Front load it so we can backload Scherff’s deal. Find a way to get from under a Moses and draft an RT.

I agree on Trent and Scherff; there should be cap flexibility, as the roster gets extremely cheap after next year. 

It’s difficult for me to assess Olineman, outside of a guy like Trent who even for novice fan jumps off the screen. I feel confident that Moses is going to be able to compete each week, no matter who he’s matched up with, but realize his issues with penalties.

How much do you feel penalties has impacted our overall view of his game??

When do we know a guy who gets penalized is impacting the team to a similarly to being poor in the run or pass game?? For me, if one guy leads the league with 10 penalties and another has 6, that’s not a big deal (in my ignorant view). Obviously his other 700-800 plays will matter though 

I’m not vouching for the guy, but want to be more educated on his play. It would be great if Christian were ready to take over. 

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

The only way Trent should be back is if we can sign him to an extension. Front load it so we can backload Scherff’s deal. Find a way to get from under a Moses and draft an RT.

After Trent sat out and trashed the organization for a year, it would be hard for me to support a front loaded extension before he took another snap.  

I've always thought Trents hold out was about the very folks Dan fired. That and of course (like every player in the league wants), a contract with guaranteed money. We all know the story with Trent wanting to take care of his family if he wasn't around....also legitimate. IMO, Trent never bad mouthed Dan or the organization as a whole. He bad mouthed Bruce and medical staff. They're both gone. Dan said sorry with action. I'd have no problem at all if Trent returns. There will be plenty of cap space when Norman and a couple others are released to work his contract. Trent is a HOFer. Keep him.

13 hours ago, wit33 said:

I agree on Trent and Scherff; there should be cap flexibility, as the roster gets extremely cheap after next year. 

It’s difficult for me to assess Olineman, outside of a guy like Trent who even for novice fan jumps off the screen. I feel confident that Moses is going to be able to compete each week, no matter who he’s matched up with, but realize his issues with penalties.

How much do you feel penalties has impacted our overall view of his game??

When do we know a guy who gets penalized is impacting the team to a similarly to being poor in the run or pass game?? For me, if one guy leads the league with 10 penalties and another has 6, that’s not a big deal (in my ignorant view). Obviously his other 700-800 plays will matter though 

I’m not vouching for the guy, but want to be more educated on his play. It would be great if Christian were ready to take over. 

I’ve always thought Moses was no better than mediocre but consistently gave him the benefit of the doubt because of durability and toughness in playing through injuries. At the end of the day though he’s just not a very good, instinctive RT. There are worse out there for sure but at his salary the performance isn’t up to par.

The penalties aren’t a great look but I think he was also a big part of Scherff’s regression.

16 hours ago, dyst said:

He is 31, maybe has another solid 3 years left? If you get a 1st you take it. If you get a high 2nd, you strongly consider it. All this especially if you have to convince him to stay. If his heart is no longer in DC then take it.

Come on guys look at the Clowney trade - We are not going to get a 1st or a 2d. 

We're going to have plenty of cap space, sign Scherff, re-sign Trent and be done with it, I cant imagine why Trent wouldn't come back now that Bruce is gone.

IMO there's no reason to put pressure on ourselves to fill those slots when we need to focus on getting a DE, CB, LB,  and TE.

21 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Unless we are offered a trade like the below, I am keeping Trent if he wants to be here.

Totally agree. 

If you're getting 18 or 25 in this draft, and hopefully another piece. Excellently done and probably for the best. 

I can see Trent playing for 5-6 more years at a high level, but at the same time I think you can do very well in that range of this draft with the scouting staff that's in place. 

The more you think about it...if Trent returns to form there is great hope for this ~5 year window under Rivera. 

You need a RT.

A high calibre FS. 

Top end/#1 corner.

Game-breaking TE. 

Not the hardest list to get done. With a couple of drafts. 

Archived