Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Thieving Maras at Redskins

TK

5 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Really interesting watching everyone lament the potential win versus the potential loss. So if for some reason we beat out the giants for the best pick, we draft the stud pass rusher from Ohio State, assuming he declares, and he then breaks his leg day one of training camp, will it be worth it? Such 2 birds in the bush thinking; it’s silly.

Absolutely worth it even then. At least we had a shot at hope. What hope do we get from beating the scrub giants with Keenum? Will anyone really take joy from that W!?

Just now, UKskins said:

Absolutely worth it even then. At least we had a shot at hope. What hope do we get from beating the scrub giants with Keenum?

Its cute that you think there’s any hope. Dan Snyder could draft the 85 Bears, the Greatest Show on Turf, and the second coming of Joe Montana and still lose 9-10 games a year. 

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

They had a good, competitive game. That's ALL I wanted. Not a win. This win would be terrible for the franchise. It could even give Bruce ****ING Allen a chance at a reprieve. How can anyone not see the big picture here? I don't want meaningless wins at the end of a season against a terrible team if it costs us in the long run. I feel very good about our young guys going into next year. But I also want a shot at a generational talent like Young and to slam the door in the face of Allen once and for all. This does not help! 

1.) No win is meaningless,  especially when you have a bunch of young players on your team. I'm fine with fans wanting their team to tank, but from a team/player building perspective,  winning matters. That's just a fact. We dont have to like it as fans when it doesnt suit us, but it's a fact.

2.) If you think a dumb victory or loss vs a putrid Giants team at the end of the season, capping a decade long hot mess is going to sink or swim Bruce Allen, the joke is on you

Archived