Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

Benching him to not lose the locker room is one thing, but essentially making him the 4th stringer?  Something else had to have happened.

I mean his body language says it all, to be honest. And that stuff is part of why he never won over a contingent of fans. He doesn’t have the charisma. He also is a pure pocket QB, so he wasn’t winning games to buy himself time while he developed as a passer here.

I think he has a shot in the league as long as he lands somewhere that has patience and can sit him. I hope he does. I really don’t want to see a young man lose doing what he loves.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He’s wearing white pants... someone familiar with WFT practices... is the practice squad QB in white pants generally? Because everyone else on the O is in burgundy.

They even gave away my mans pants. Thats cold as **** 

2 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

If you are blaming him for not enjoying this nonsense culture, you're likely missing the bigger picture about WHY we have the reputation we do in the football world.

The " big picture " is Haskins has not been playing well, seems to have regressed since the end of last year and is making the same mistakes over and over again. 

Benching him now shows they haven't given up on this season.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I still maintain it had to be more than performance. New system, new OC, weird offseason - you have to give him to the Bye unless there are attitude issues. I was hoping the best for him as I always do for any player on the team. But not sad to see him go.  I was on record before the draft and when we drafted him I was not in favor of it. 

Just now, goskins10 said:

Naw - Ryan Reynolds!!  LOL 

Reynolds is funny AF, but Ryan Reynolds can only play Ryan Reynolds on screen.  Gosling better actor, which Alex deserves while the movie gets tears out of us for the Oscar nod.

Washington Drahma Team, my God :ols:

33 minutes ago, wit33 said:

This logic:

Imagine being a player in the locker room and understanding your fate to compete in a season depends on what other teams/external factors situations are week to week. 

Well yea. When you are out of contention it's much easier to justify development, teams do it all the time. When you are in contention and a player is hurting you, he gets the bench. 

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Reynolds is funny AF, but Ryan Reynolds can only play Ryan Reynolds on screen.  Gosling better actor, which Alex deserves while the movie gets tears out of us for the Oscar nod.

Washington Drahma Team, my God :ols:

I get the two confused. They look like the same person to me. I was telling my wife the dude in deadpool and the Steve Carrel movie where he becomes a player. She’s like no that’s 2 different people. 😂 

God honest in 20 years the one thing I know ima remember about Haskins is that they took this bammas pants when they benched him lmaooooooooooo

😂😂😂

I aint ever seen anything like this! They aint have to do him like that. 

Now the big question is how long is the leash for Allen. Is it 3-4 games, or if he stinks it up against the Rams is that it. I would imagine Ron is going to give him couple games to see what he can do like Haskins then go from there. Come on Allen, don't let me down!! Lead this team to the playoffs like I believe you can!

10 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

The " big picture " is Haskins has not been playing well, seems to have regressed since the end of last year and is making the same mistakes over and over again. 

Benching him now shows they haven't given up on this season.

He was on par with other developing QBs, had zero turnovers in 3 out of 4 games, and played better last week, against one of the leagues top defenses, but okay.

15 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Benching him to not lose the locker room is one thing, but essentially making him the 4th stringer?  Something else had to have happened.

Why isn't his not calling TOs not losing him the locker room. Playing a 300 yard passer isn't going to lose you the locker room. 

11 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I still maintain it had to be more than performance. New system, new OC, weird offseason - you have to give him to the Bye unless there are attitude issues. I was hoping the best for him as I always do for any player on the team. But not sad to see him go.  I was on record before the draft and when we drafted him I was not in favor of it. 

Yeah I reread some of your posts from back then when I reread some of that thread.  I wasn't in favor of the pick either, i openly rooted against it on the day draft thread that year, but tried to muster some optimism about it after we took him.

I presume there is more cooking with Haskins than just the 4 performances.  

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

I think there is a lot going on in the locker room we do not know about.  Like what if the captains went to Rivera and said players are frustrated and want some light at the end of the tunnel.

Belicheck would tell them to focus on doing their jobs better and show them all the plays they missed.

I think there is a lot going on in the locker room we do not know about.  Like what if the captains went to Rivera and said players are frustrated and want some light at the end of the tunnel.

Could be.  I think there is likely a subplot to this.  But I'd add they were probably not leaning positive and whatever happened it tipped the balance. 

So we gave them the oncoming train! 😂 

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Why isn't his not calling TOs not losing him the locker room. Playing a 300 yard passer isn't going to lose you the locker room. 

Are you purposely missing how divisive your agent taking a shot at the team can be? I just don’t get how you think that is careless. It’s not. 

3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

yeah like JMC fumbling or not going out of bounds, or Rivera's TO management, or Collins freestyling, or Thomas running the wrong routes, or Moses not helping on Haskins bad scramble. No matter how much Rivera wants to throw his QB under the bus, Its not all on Haskins. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I reread some of your posts from back then when I reread some of that thread.  I wasn't in favor of the pick either, i openly rooted against it on the day draft thread that year, but tried to muster some optimism about it after we took him.

I presume there is more cooking with Haskins than just the 4 performances.  

Quite a few of us were not really that high on Haskins. I would bet there is more to this than play. There has to be an attitude component. This seems really quick. And I can see Ron not having a lot of patience for someone slinging attitude. How to believe that agent tweet hurt pretty bad. 

It will be worse if Allen comes in and moves the team down the field, even if he makes some mistakes. We will see. 

The other thing I said after last year was Haskins had a higher ceiling than D. Jones but he also had a lower floor than D. Jones. Guess it was the later.. 🙂  

Archived