Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You say you want a winning team but then get mad when the coach does something in the interest of winning that goes against your **** ass principals. Ok go be a Pats fan then. 

Oh wait. 

Yeah. I dont understand what the issue is. The culture has definitely changed. We are on the cusp of a playoff appearance for the first time in 5 years. I just don't see Rivera being that kind of guy. You don't crap on all the other guys just to send a message (that will likely not be heard anyway, due to his actions so far) to one.

That, and I'm sure if they thought Montez was better, he'd be starting this week.

6 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Have no issue with what Ron is doing. Clearly he believes it's what is best for the team. He can deal with DH when the season is over. Maybe kid even balls out and grows up because of this. Both are highly doubtful, but you never know. But considering where the team is at, and the iffy health of Alex, cutting DH right now to make a point when by all accounts DH isn't a cancer in the locker room or anything like that... it would actually be punishing the team.

Yep, Rivera is looking at the Panthers and Eagles games. And maybe beyond. There is a time and a place, we aren’t quite there yet.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah. I dont understand what the issue is. The culture has definitely changed. We are on the cusp of a playoff appearance for the first time in 5 years. I just don't see Rivera being that kind of guy. You don't crap on all the other guys just to send a message (that will likely not be heard anyway, due to his actions so far) to one.

That, and I'm sure if they thought Montez was better, he'd be starting this week.

Yeah I don't understand the criticism of RR.  He needs Dwayne for another week so he had little choice but to keep him active rather than going into the biggest game of the year with an injury risk at QB and literally nothing else behind him.

He's not going to spend his presser discussing the distraction, why on Earth would he do that?  Make no mistake, being a captain on a team is a big deal, so is a fine of 1/2 of his paycheck.  It should be pretty clear that Ron had some more harsh words for Dwayne behind closed doors.  

I honestly do not know how he could have handled it any better and yes this is a totally different culture than years past. 

Just listened to Keim's podcast.  Among his points:

A.  It wasn't just the head coaches (Rivera and Jay) who wanted to see more maturity and preperation from Haskins but it extended to a number of assistant coaches on the previous staff and the current one.

B.  Even with Haskins improving his preperation skills of late, Keim was told its still about 70 percent of what they want.  In other words, he's now working harder but still not hard enough.

C.  He expects him gone in the off season. 

D.  He thinks they are making a move in the off season to add to the QB room, likely a veteran (sounded like he might have been guessing this part) because they see the division as one that can be had not just this season but in the upcoming ones.   And a veteran is more likely to hit the ground running. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A.  It wasn't just the head coaches (Rivera and Jay) who wanted to see more maturity and preperation from Haskins but it extended to a number of assistant coaches on the previous staff and the current one.

B.  Even with Haskins improving his preperation skills of late, Keim was told its still about 70 percent of what they want.  In other words, he's now working harder but still not hard enough.

C.  He expects him gone in the off season. 

D.  He thinks they are making a move in the off season to add to the QB room, likely a veteran (sounded like he might have been guessing this part) because they see the division as one that can be had not just this season but in the upcoming ones.   And a veteran is more likely to hit the ground running. 

Good for all those involved.  

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hmmm......Matt stafford anyone? Or Matt ryan? 

21 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Arrested for misdemeanor domestic battery in Palm Springs in February.  Probably translates to he slapped his girlfriend around a bunch and it got loud enough for someone to call the cops.  No matter how many times he turns over, still not a new Leaf.

I was unaware of that when I stated Leaf seems to have matured.  However,  since this is the internet, I will continue to insist I was right.  Obviously the fact that he is now being arrested for misdemeanors instead of felonies is a clear sign of maturity.  Only a fool would disagree with that.  

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

How the hell did Haskins become the "We need him to make the playoffs" QB? lol...I'm having an extraordinarily hard time processing this train of thought.  Unless it's mainly about practice, in which case I get it.

If Alex can't play, and its not Haskins then you got an undrafted FA who has never played in the NFL including preseason and another dude who they just pulled off the street.  I am not a big Haskins guy but I'd still put my bets on him versus the alternative in a must win game. 

With all due respect to RR, I don't see how anyone could not vote for brian flores.  The dolphins were so devoid of talent as recently as last season, and he has them at 9-5.  Redskins had more talent in previous couple years and are only in the playoffs hunt due to a historically weak division.  I get the overcoming cancer aspect, and it has been amazing he has still been here all along during treatment, and he has improved the locker room culture, but in terms of a one year turnaround, what brian flores has done is absolutely incredible.

Archived