Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Alex can't play, and its not Haskins then you got an undrafted FA who has never played in the NFL including preseason and another dude who they just pulled off the street.  I am not a big Haskins guy but I'd still put my bets on him versus the alternative in a must win game. 

In all Fairness, Haskins plays like an UDFA, so you may as well put a real one out there!

I’m fairly disappointed in the “Haskins is our best chance to win so play him” crowd.

If my assumption is correct, that you can test negative and still spread it, I don’t care who our best chance to win is. It is irresponsible and ****ing reckless to let someone play a game who may have faced exposure AND it’s common knowledge. You can’t do much if a guy hides he did something and shows up anyways. 

I understand that the League COVID protocols are being adhered to and that means they don’t believe there is any threat. And I respect that...

But what happens if he has it and spreads it and actually makes it difficult to field a team in the playoffs should we even get there? Does Haskins playing NOW matter then?

I’m operating under the assumption that you can pass the virus even if testing negative. If I am incorrect I will gladly redact this disappointment.

Just now, KDawg said:

I’m fairly disappointed in the “Haskins is our best chance to win so play him” crowd.

If my assumption is correct, that you can test negative and still spread it, I don’t care who our best chance to win is. It is irresponsible and ****ing reckless to let someone play a game who may have faced exposure AND it’s common knowledge. You can’t do much if a guy hides he did something and shows up anyways. 

I understand that the League COVID protocols are being adhered to and that means they don’t believe there is any threat. And I respect that...

But what happens if he has it and spreads it and actually makes it difficult to field a team in the playoffs should we even get there? Does Haskins playing NOW matter then?

I’m operating under the assumption that you can pass the virus even if testing negative. If I am incorrect I will gladly redact this disappointment.

It also just doesn't make any damn sense. When Smith starts, the WFT wins. When Haskins starts, the WFT loses.

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Question why are their female strippers at his gf’s b day party? That’s some kinky s***

Kinda figured it was in a hotel or a home. Which means his gf had some of her friends over for her BD along with Haskins and they took a picture while another girl's booty was twerking in their face which is at least 5 foot of social distancing unless booties can have the virus too. We don't know if the stripper had a mask on. So really, this might just be bad optics. Because it didn't look like a lot of people in that picture of the girls with DH jersey on.  What was it, like 8 girls in the room? Shrug. Bad optics. But we ain't got time for bad optics young fella. Think

Just now, KDawg said:

I'm with you. I think it's reckless that they're letting him practice. At least by game-day he will have had 7 consecutive days of negative tests, but even then that is risky considering the 10-14 day potential incubation period.

The most COVID-responsible thing to do would have been putting him in COVID protocol and praying Alex is healthy. I am a bit disappointed though not surprised that Ron picked competitiveness over COVID-conscientiousness.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Alex can't play, and its not Haskins then you got an undrafted FA who has never played in the NFL including preseason...

But neither he or Montez gives us much of a chance playing in the most important game in 4 years.

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

I'm with you. I think it's reckless that they're letting him practice. At least by game-day he will have had 7 consecutive days of negative tests, but even then that is risky considering the 10-14 day potential incubation period.

The most COVID-responsible thing to do would have been putting him in COVID protocol and praying Alex is healthy. I am a bit disappointed though not surprised that Ron picked competitiveness over COVID-conscientiousness.

I am convinced we are jumping to a conclusion we don't have all the facts on. I seriously doubt, Ron would put his team and his own health in jeopardy. The original story was that he was in a public strip bar. The picture we all probably had in our heads was a bunch of women and dudes hovered over each other drinking and makin it rain in a club. That was not true. Looks like about 9 friends in a hotel. Bad optics. Any body going to see family for Christmas? Are you wearing mask the whole time?

1 minute ago, joeken24 said:

I am convinced we are jumping to a conclusion we don't have all the facts on. I seriously doubt, Ron would put his team and his own health in jeopardy. The original story was that he was in a public strip bar. The picture we all probably had in our heads was a bunch of women and dudes hovered over each other drinking and makin it rain in a club. That was not true. Looks like about 9 friends in a hotel. Bad optics. Any body going to see family for Christmas? Are you wearing mask the whole time?

You could be right. But most people in this thread believe he was somewhere unmasked and some want him to play because he’s the best chance to win (if Alex weren’t healthy).

That is disappointing.

That doesn’t mean that your statement isn’t correct. We may be missing a piece. Which is great news. 

But he was fined 40k and lost his captaincy. So something DID happen.

6 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I hope you're right that the team has information we don't that gives them confidence that this is the right way to handle the situation from a COVID standpoint. I will say though, I never thought they were in a public strip club. It always looked like a private room to me, but 8-9 girls flying in from who knows where to party w/ Dwayne's gf + the strippers who are not socially distancing was enough to me to register as potential exposure. 

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I hope you're right that the team has information we don't that gives them confidence that this is the right way to handle the situation from a COVID standpoint. I will say though, I never thought they were in a public strip club. It always looked like a private room to me, but 8-9 girls flying in from who knows where to party w/ Dwayne's gf + the strippers who are not socially distancing was enough to me to register as potential exposure. 

Even the 8-9 girls flying in is a stretch. They looked more like his girl friends buddies with the stripper being called to join them. Totally local if you ask me. Those girls in the room look pretty pedestrian.

Just now, joeken24 said:

Even the 8-9 girls flying in is a stretch. They looked more like his girl friends buddies with the stripper being called to join them. Totally local if you ask me. Those girls in the room look pretty pedestrian.

I read somewhere (I think Reddit?) that those girls were his gf's friends who flew in for bday weekend. (not that they were strippers flown in from like Miami lol)

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Keim previously reported one of the quarterbacks other than Kyle Allen has antibodies. Maybe it’s Haskins. I’m sure his agent will leak it if in fact it’s him. 

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Keim previously reported one of the quarterbacks other than Kyle Allen has antibodies. Maybe it’s Haskins. I’m sure his agent will leak it if in fact it’s him. 

If Dwayne has antibodies, that means he's immune, right?

If so, that makes a HUGE difference. Then this is just bad optics & breaking of protocol (still bad), but not reckless endangerment of teammates and staff incl. a cancer survivor coach. I'd have to think if he were immune it would have come out by now?

Just now, CapsSkins said:

If so, that makes a HUGE difference. Then this is just bad optics & breaking of protocol (still bad), but not reckless endangerment of teammates and staff incl. a cancer survivor coach. I'd have to think if he were immune it would have come out by now?

Yes it would mean he’s in all likelihood immune. It was previously reported that Kyle Allen had it in the offseason. Keim reported one of the other QBs on the team has antibodies. It would seem a 1 in 4 chance it’s Haskins but as reckless as he is, I think the likelihood it’s him is greater. 

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

First, I don’t think anyone should hold you or anyone else to such a high standard here that we have to redact anything if we are wrong. We are all learning from each other. I certainly won’t require you to redact anything. We are just sharing info and hypothesizing at this point. And I like that your opinion is different, mostly. 😐

But you could be right and if you are I agree the risks outweigh the reward for sure. Especially considering the player we are talking about is limited AT HIS BEST. 

Im admittedly biased and doing what I can to believe that Ron has a plan and that plan includes listening to medical people who risk losing a lot of money if they are wrong. Simply put, if they thought he was a risk, they would be best suited to voice that opinion. And Ron himself would be best suited to listen. I mean he himself has more at risk than most. 

I wouldn’t want Ron to play Haskins only and simply because he is the best backup we have (I realize I said the exact opposite just a few posts ago, so forgive me). But obviously take into account that if he gets the rest of the team infected then we are in even worse shape. Basically, follow science/what the doctors say...and make the football decision that’s best for the team. 

I myself don’t even know if Haskins is the best back up. But I trust that if Ron plays him, then Ron does know, and that played into the decision as well. And I’m willing to argue that If only to help myself believe it lol

Beyond all of that I’m positive I read that the incubation period for the virus has changed from 14 days to 10 someplace and that as we have learned more about it, the higher quality tests have become more accurate. I’m going to read a bit more on this just out of curiosity and see if I can find anything interesting. I know you quoted the CDC....and were times different I would trust that. I don’t currently. For reasons. 

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Not to get all science and tech on here, but I am 100% sure that even if this scenario was true that the level of "immunity" that goes along with "detection of antibodies" and how long that unknown level of immunity lasts is not known to the medical community. So, it sort of does not matter 

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Yes it would mean he’s in all likelihood immune. It was previously reported that Kyle Allen had it in the offseason. Keim reported one of the other QBs on the team has antibodies. It would seem a 1 in 4 chance it’s Haskins but as reckless as he is, I think the likelihood it’s him is greater. 

This would make me feel a whole lot better about it. I didn’t know that. 

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

Is it? Maybe they (the other forum) copied and pasted it because that same question and answer were posted on another dc forum. 

If you google that question, it’s the first thing that comes up. So that’s probably what happened 

Archived