Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's simple.  

Rivera is a guy who played in the league, played for one of the best teams ever in the '85 Bears and won a Super Bowl with them.  He's won as a coach, and has gotten back to the Super Bowl as a coach.  He coached one of the leagues most dynamic players in Cam Newton.  He's well respected around the league by everyone.

He's got cancer and he clearly doesn't give a **** about what anyone thinks, it's probably put things into perspective for him and maybe even others around him.  He's sending a message loud and clear to Dan, to the rest of the front office, to the staff and players:  I'm in charge, and if I'm going out, I'm not going out coddling a QB draft pick that has not been good and has not impressed me.   And no one on the roster is safe.  

My prediction about QB is that Kyle Allen gets a few weeks, he might provide a spark.  But after a couple of bad games, he goes to Alex Smith.  In fact, I bet he'd want to go to Alex Smith now but he wants to make sure he's completely ready to get back on the field from a physical perspective and knows enough of the offense to operate.

Can't say I disagree with any of this, I got nothin to add. In Ron We Trust.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just listened to Standig who doubled down on hearing about preperation issues with Haskins since he's been here.  If all of that is true (plus some rumors about him on that front predraft), as a coach (you would know better than me) I figured that would be the kiss of death especially if I had a player who is raw.

Those throws that I posted of Haskins missing players in the flat on the numbers or past the numbers, that's exactly how he looked to me a year ago in camp.  So when Rivera says Haskins has not progressed they way they'd like -- it doesn't sound like a comment from Mars for me.  

It also looks like Dwane threw a lot of balls to guys who weren't necessarily open so maybe he is missing guys who are open on those plays? When you watch footage of Kyle Allen last year with the Panthers his throws are to guys who are very open. Lets see it he makes the scheme look better than Dwayne does. 

So when Haskins repeatedly said don’t be a fan later, when did he actually mean don’t be a fan? He posted that last after the Cleveland game.  Later would presumably be more than a week down the road. But more than a week later and he is never playing again. So was he sending a warning like don’t be fan because I will never play again and I don’t want you to be disappointed with that? Actually kinda nice of him if that was the case. Otherwise he looks like a complete chump now with that nonsense.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Because HTTR only posts things relevant to his point of view. It doesn’t have to make sense to those of us who watch the WFT. 

Riiiiight.  I'll take Daniel Jeremiah's analysis over yours, or anyone else's on this board, 110% of the time.

Come on guys, we want to ride out a season with the failed picked of our owner. Who cares if it frustrates other players on the team who arent okay with throwing away a season and want to win? Dan Snyder picked him so it doesnt matter if the coaches dont see improvement. *SARCASM*

I say that as someone that was very in Dwaynes corner and looking forward to seeing him perform. He has regressed, his attitude has been poor, and I dont see any reason to think that it will change. Hopefully he readjusts his attitude and steps up and puts in the work to take the job back rather then feel sorry for himself.

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Thank you, Daniel.

I don't understand.  

Personally, I didn't see the harm in giving Haskins a few more games but it's obvious that he's inaccurate.  That won't fix itself overnight.  

And if the stories about lack of preparation are true, well, it's in the teams best interest to move on.

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Riiiiight.  I'll take Daniel Jeremiah's analysis over yours, or anyone else's on this board, 110% of the time.

I’ll take JT O’Sullivan’s. See? We can all do this.

Do we know Jeremiah WATCHES WFT? Or is that an assumption based on the fact he tweeted about the situation? Could it be that he’s looking at it from a draft perspective and Haskins being a first round pick, that if I remember right, he had graded highly?

I concede it’s possible that he watched and believes that. But I don’t know that. I know O’Sullivan did because he has a video breakdown of it.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Okay, we get it.  There are plenty of folks in the media that have a better pulse on Dwayne than the folks who are with him on a day to day basis.  Sheesh.

Interesting that you'd use this logic.  How has that worked out for us in the past?  I'd say the outside media is up something like 100-1.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Interesting that you'd use this logic.  How has that worked out for us in the past?  I'd say the outside media is up something like 100-1.

When it comes to drama and dysfunction from the Redskins FO, that’s true.

When it comes to the head coach’s opinion on a quarterback, I’ll roll with the head coach.

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Comparing JT O'Sullivan to Daniel Jeremiah?  Yikes.

Yeah. I know. Crazy. A former NFL QB versus a former front office guy. One with evidence that they’ve watched the team/Haskins. One without. I’m way out on the ledge here.

I really don't understand the criticism of Ron Rivera.  He passed on Cam, who knows if he wanted to sign him, to give Dwayne Haskins the opportunity to seize the job. He had 4 games to show that he is developing, instead he reverted to terribly poor play and a lazy work ethic.  Not sure how he could look Jonathan Allen in the eye if he had let that continue.  

I'd like to bring up Paxton Lynch again.  The Broncos went in another direction after only 4 career starts over 2 years, I don't recall too many Broncos fans crying how terribly unfair this was.  

http://<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eBmICC290gs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBmICC290gs&feature=youtu.be

Not sure if this was posted, Lombardi on Haskins. He rips really hard. I have no idea on how to embed the video 😑. He says he was suppose to have a training session with him, Haskins was late and they agreed to have one the following day to go over missed stuff, Haskins stiffed him. 

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yeah. I know. Crazy. A former NFL QB versus a former front office guy. One with evidence that they’ve watched the team/Haskins. One without. I’m way out on the ledge here.

Did you even watch the video?  He was begging the coaches to play to his strengths and for the OL to better protect.  Obviously, Dwayne has things to improve on as well.  But he said he doesn't necessarily totally agree with a switch being made at the end of the video, and you're using that as your appeal to authority?

8 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I really don't understand the criticism of Ron Rivera.  He passed on Cam, who knows if he wanted to sign him, to give Dwayne Haskins the opportunity to seize the job. He had 4 games to show that he is developing, instead he reverted to terribly poor play and a lazy work ethic.  

yep got to agree here.

as for him bragging over his stat line, it was a mildly awkward celebration after his late score. He was hardy fighting his team mates off.

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Russini on Get Back right now, “What a disaster it’s been in Washington...”.

Only for us is benching the lowest rated passer in the league “a disaster”.

I think, based on what we've heard and seen so far, it's also fair to say that his poor play on the field on Sundays wasn't the only reason Haskins was benched. His attitude in his presser after the Cleveland loss alone drove me nuts. And obviously Rivera has seen way more than we have and he's basically done a complete 180 on Haskins in a very short amount of time. Where there's smoke there's fire. If this were the old regime, I'd be tempted to take anything with a grain of salt, but I think RR is a straight shooter and wouldn't deal in rumor peddling and other nonsense.

As far as Haskins unfollowing people on social media, sure that's his prerogative, but it's also stupid and comes off as childish...which only serves to reinforce the stuff that people have been saying about him. He should be smart enough to know how that will look.

It's like someone accusing you of being a bully in school and you getting upset about that accusation and expressing your frustration by giving some younger kid a wedgie and stuffing him in a locker.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Did you even watch the video?  He was begging the coaches to play to his strengths and for the OL to better protect.  Obviously, Dwayne has things to improve on as well.  But he said he doesn't necessarily totally agree with a switch being made at the end of the video, and you're using that as your appeal to authority?

I watched the whole video, obviously. 

I agree with his entire analysis, to be honest. 

Guy knows football.

And, by the way, I know you never read full posts but... I’ve been on the give him more time wagon all season long, despite my opinion his play was poor. So it’s not out of the realm of possibility that I believe his play, though poor, would allow him for more playing time.

What that doesn’t account for, though, is his maturity missteps. And his inability to listen to the coaches. His disrespect towards veterans. His social media presence, including his agent’s.

Rivera made a decision based on what he has seen from inside the building. You don’t like it. Therefore you are posting every opinion against it, rooted in reason, objective analysis or otherwise. 

It seems to me that you are a fan of Dwayne Haskins and not the WFT. That’s cool. I wish you the best when he arrives on another team. The guy deserves a true reset to his career. Hope he, and you, get the chance, Mufasa.

Archived