Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

How many first rounders have we drafted that only had 1 year of experience?   Running the scout team is valuable for him... to learn another teams system, which will come in handy when he wants to bail DC.

For all the first team reps our QBs have gotten over the decades, they sure seem to suck ass quite often, and we cannot sniff the playoffs but once every 10 years or so.  I have little faith in modern day OCs who only in the recent past figured out they can cater playbooks to young QBs, and win games. If a starting QB needs every practice snap to be effective, maybe he shouldn't be the starter.

With as often as we see backups forced into games on injuries alone, that should be enough reason to consider a little first team work, weekly.  With our injury run Jay is living in fantasyland if he thinks he won't need Haskins this year. Haskins may actually be the only QB on the roster that can save his job. Assuming he is not trying to get fired.

Which he probably is.

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

33 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ok, so ya if that's how it goes how can we be mad haskins ain't getting first team reps through practices?..

Because @KDawg once coached a guy & also took a psychology course in high school.

53D7F036-A5C2-4ABF-B106-F4AF0481BE20.gif

*shrug*

First off...

i stated ive talked to coaches. Chris Thompson plays for the Redskins. So what happens with Gruden seems to be a thing with Gruden. Cool. Situations are all different. So if that’s the case with these, so be it. If that’s the case in general with the NFL, I’m not afraid to admit I was ill informed :)

Second, I never said anything about psychology. 

Third, I’m still not sure what you’re pissy about... :ols:

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So... if Thompson is saying it’s never happened, when did Haskins get reps before per Gruden’s statement?

4C296CC8-1F5A-4361-92C7-E3E95C72765D.jpeg

I don't think Gruden saying Haskins has gotten a couple of reps before, which for all we know was less than 10 total, invalidates what Thompson said. He was speaking to the report saying that Haskins should be getting reps every practice rather than just scout team.

7 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I don't think Gruden saying Haskins has gotten a couple of reps before, which for all we know was less than 10 total, invalidates what Thompson said. He was speaking to the report saying that Haskins should be getting reps every practice rather than just scout team.

Fair enough. 

I thought the debate was on if he was getting first teams reps at all, so I guess I've been off the mark in the entire conversation.

Thanks for the clarity.

2 hours ago, illone said:

I'm talking more about the fact that Snyder and Allen have a history of making bad decisions, not the Jones vs Haskins debate...

I guess my point is that we dont have any proof at all that Snyder and Allen are the only reason the dude is on the team as the link seems to suggest 

6 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Ooof, did they leave out a metric **** ton of context. He said that in the sense of being behind someone else and learning and not an early starter. He certainly didn't compare himself to them.

Pete Hailey is pretty much a goofy kid that I've to imagine has a pretty prominent dad that got him a gig at NBCSWashington.  Maybe he's doing it for clicks, but probably just made a msitake.

16 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Ooof, did they leave out a metric **** ton of context. He said that in the sense of being behind someone else and learning and not an early starter. He certainly didn't compare himself to them.

I didn't take it as him saying he's as good as them, he's just saying he sets a high bar for himself.  He's a confident kid with goals, he loves to talk about winning multiple MVPs, multiple SBs, etc.  I like it.  

5 hours ago, Hooper said:

Haskins needs some reps on the treadmill, that's for sure.

Dude looks soft.

And I like the kid.

He mentioned in that most recent interview that one of the things he’s working on alongside learning the offense, his drops, his reads, his protections etc... is his body. He said he’s learning what it means to be in professional shape, rather than college shape. Every pro needs to learn this, and he’s working on it daily. 

I have high hopes for this kid precisely because I think he has a drive and a desire to learn that rivals his physical gifts. If we are patient with him, and the dysfunction of the franchise/fan base/media relationship don’t undercut him first, he’s going to be a good one. 

Archived