Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You're Hired by Dan Snyder to Consult on what to do now - a Hypothetical Fixing the Skins Thread

@DCGoldPants

33 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Who said I'm trying to draw fans back....and nostalgia is important. Someday you'll figure that out.

No it's not.  Not when it's been used time and time again (by this same organization) as motivation for us to open our wallets.  I could see it now...The Gibbs era "R" hats in the merchandise stores, maybe some hog-noses.  All the meanwhile, they charge more for the same inferior product onfield, because nostalgia, statues, alumni engagement all cost money.  

This front office had no involvement in those days, and I'm not spending money to pretend otherwise.  20 years tells us that those days would've never existed if Dan Snyder was a part of it.  

I don't want a billion dollars of public money spent building a stadium for the Redskins.  The District paying for it means the American people adding another billion to the 23 trillion federal debt.  Fed Ex is more than good enough for a few more decades.  Sure it is less than ideal but it is only used 10 days a year it doesn't have to be great.  Snyder can't afford to build one himself I don't want the Washington wastrels buying one for Snyder.

You do the exact opposite.   You fire Bruce Allen.  Hire Lavar Arrington as President  consulting with Scot McCloughan as Contractual GM.  Keep Jay Gruden as offensive coordinator slash QB coach, and keep him off the microphone as well.  Dude just said Keenum still the starting QB while he’s wearing a boot.  Totally undermining our star rookie Haskins.  How can he play Jay if he’s in a boot?  

Next hire Wade Phillips as Head Coach and most importantly Defensive Coordinator.  Hire a PR guy to assist Wade with press conferences.  

Change name to The Skins I don’t want to change the name but it’s obvious we are not liked much in the NFL circle.  

Those who hate Scot MCloughan dude picked some solid NFL Talent.  Not much are on our team anymore cause they didn’t fit Bruce’s delusional scheme.   Instead there starring on the Packers, Chiefs, and other teams across the league.  

Those who hate Lavar Arrington what if he’s right?  Could you imagine how annoying he would be to other teams if he starts winning? 

But what do I know I only make 2.5 million a year.  🤷‍♂️

Wanted to think about mine before posting in the OP.

1. Obviously clean out the front office as much as possible in-season:

Snyder gets in front of a camera. Says that while he has let a number of people go, all of this is his responsibility and any blame is his to own (He'd need training on how to say this without sounding fake). Then he says there will big changes including new leadership to run the day to day of the team,. Anybody outward-facing. Bruce, Larry, etc. will be let go before that presser. I guess leave Smith as GM for the season. 100% of the faces and voices from the team need to be different next year. 

2. Create a committee of respected NFL heads and maybe outside corporate leaders to do a Team President (Not GM) search. 

Point being that a Team President is needed to do what otherwise a good owner would be doing. That's the person who would hire the GM to oversee football stuff. That's the person who handled the marketing team, stadium stuff. That person HIRES a GM who reports to them. That person makes the final call when a GM and Coach disagree on something.

3. The Team President and his/her new staff does a complete audit on everything related to the Organization.

From how scouting works, to what the temp is supposed to be in the weight room. Top down or bottom up. Every little detail is examined and graded with a recommendation on what needs to happen there. Coaches, Training Staff, What the players are fed in house, everything. 

Those are the first 3 things I would recommend. From there even if every decision they make is correct, it'll still take time. Culture doesn't change overnight. There will be weeding out of players and employees who don't fit in the new culture of Ruthless Accountability. 

22 hours ago, CPAllTheWay012 said:

Cut food and drink prices by 20% across the board.  Look for opportunities to add popular outside chains (Chipotle, Chick Fe Le, etc.) into the equation. 

Immediately, we should be looking to upgrade our playing field conditions at Fed Ex.  It is obvious the field receives too much abuse every season.  NFL players have been polled and they prefer grass.  We have to reevaluate how to protect the surface at Fed Ex during events and minimize its use during the season.  I would want to hire experts to evaluate all of the practice field conditions too. 

Chick Fe La? Is that that new French chicken joint?

Seriously though, they should look at how the Falcons are running their stadium. They have been innovative in their concessions pricing.

As for the comments about the field, I can't imagine Dan hasn't had our groundskeeping managers meet with their counterparts on teams with good grass fields to see what they can do to fix it. Then I look at the field come mid-November and think maybe he hasn't thought to do this.  

Also, and I know this is far fetched, but what if Snyder puts together a delegation to meet with the top brass in New England and see what makes them so successful at the organizational level. Are they perfect? No, but they're the closest thing to it in the NFL. And I know that a long term winning environment has solved a lot of problems lesser teams face like talent retention and such, but it's the details of a winning team that the Redskins need to learn about.  

And, like everyone else here, I'd fire Bruce Allen immediately. He brings nothing to the table. He's a legacy guy whose link to the franchise was 40 years ago. Much of the fanbase doesn't even know who George Allen was. But why are multiple people mentioning Tony Dungy as an option? It's been a long time since he was working with a team. Has he expressed an interest in getting out of TV and running a team?     

35 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

1.  I’d make it rain pink slips from above on everyone’s corn fed a**

2.  Bring it smart football consultants that study upcoming coaches and FO people.  

3. Throw Allen in the Anacostia River

The only issue is under #1 you might throw the baby out with the bathwater as there may be some untapped resources currently in the building.

#3 is correct except you forgot to mention that all the dead cap money will be tied to his ankles.

On 9/25/2019 at 7:40 PM, megared said:

No it's not.  Not when it's been used time and time again (by this same organization) as motivation for us to open our wallets.  I could see it now...The Gibbs era "R" hats in the merchandise stores, maybe some hog-noses.  All the meanwhile, they charge more for the same inferior product onfield, because nostalgia, statues, alumni engagement all cost money.  

This front office had no involvement in those days, and I'm not spending money to pretend otherwise.  20 years tells us that those days would've never existed if Dan Snyder was a part of it.  

Your money has nothing to do with recognizing the past. If you don't like throwback hats then don't buy them.  We can disagree on this one. The past is important to recognize for every franchise. I hope the Skins or Nats or whomever you root for wins a championship so when you're in your 50's you can go back and honor them 30 years later...

10 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

The past is important to recognize for every franchise.

Can't wait to see those 3 dusty old Lombardi's propped up in front of Dan in a few weeks when he announces the changes he's making, again, after 2 decades of him believing that he's the one who will bring this team additional Lombardi's.

1) Nothing. You're doing a great job.

Just kidding!!

1) Change the name. Get that monkey off our back.  May not be popular but it's time.

2) Stop drafting players who slide in the draft. There is a reason they slide.

3) Stop hiring people with ego's bigger than talent.

Schedule a meeting with all front office personnel, Bruce Allen, Snyder, all coaches, strength-conditioning coaches and staff, and everyone else associated with this who is not a football player, and state that it is a mandatory meeting and promptness is priority.

Holding this meeting at RFK stadium on-field at the 50 yd line.

The hour of demolition...  Let TK and Jumbo arm wrestle in Tu-Tus for rights to press the button...

Change the name to the Washington Warriors

Plan A: Try to get Tony Dungy

Plan B: Go mega outside of the box and hire a non-football person to be team president. Someone from business, technology or philanthropy. Someone who is universally respected as a fair and transparent organization builder and leader. Not Condoleezza Rice but something along those lines. 

Add: Dream hire, Elon Musk. (not really but I wonder how he would do)?

2 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Change the name to the Washington Warriors

Plan A: Try to get Tony Dungy

Plan B: Go mega outside of the box and hire someone from outside of football to be team president. Someone from business or philanthropy. Someone who is universally respected as a fair and transparent leader. Not Condoleezza Rice but someone like that. 

Tony Dungy? I thought we wanted to stop losing. 

Archived