Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You're Hired by Dan Snyder to Consult on what to do now - a Hypothetical Fixing the Skins Thread

@DCGoldPants

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

This entire exercise is dumb. If I'm a consultant why do I know what needs to be done now?

The culture is bad. That part is obvious. I don't know why. He;;, Bruce may be the one keeping it from getting really toxic. Wouldn't that be a fun twist?

You jags freakin' love committees. You know who you are going to get if you form a committee with a bunch of old NFL farts?

Marvin Lewis.

I can assure you that no business problem has ever been solved by someone uttering the words, "Let's form a committee."

Absolutely safest place for Marvin Lewis is on that committee, because then he cant be the GM choice.

Also, its a bit odd to take issue with a committee to fix a complex issue, since literally every one of the most successful companies in the United States right now is run by a committee overseen by an owner or CEO.

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Tony Dungy has not coached in a dozen years and has NEVER done the job you are asking him to do. His first move could literally be signing Bob Sanders to play safety.

I get this is an attempt at humor, but it's ate up with ignorance and you know it. 

While Dungy hasn't served in that role, yes, he is one of THE most highly regarded football minds on the planet. More importantly, he's one of the most respected HUMANS in the game. Something this franchise needs to finally build CULTURE that is completely non existent and has been for decades. 

Hail. 

42 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Absolutely safest place for Marvin Lewis is on that committee, because then he cant be the GM choice.

Also, its a bit odd to take issue with a committee to fix a complex issue, since literally every one of the most successful companies in the United States right now is run by a committee overseen by an owner or CEO.

So you want a board of directors running the team?

That's dumb.

29 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

While Dungy hasn't served in that role, yes, he is one of THE most highly regarded football minds on the planet. More importantly, he's one of the most respected HUMANS in the game.

And he's been waiting for 12 years to fix this particular **** show.

10 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Hiring a bunch of guys to make the damn GM selection for you is asinine.  You’re hired as a consultant and you recommend hiring more consultants to hire a GM?  You literally have one job!  Lolol

I have been posting on these "fix the Skins" threads since, well, before you were born.

All these ideas are the same ideas we had 20 years ago.

Year 2000 ideas on Year 2000 tech. ExtremeSkins!!!

Here is a thread from 2002 where someone actually suggests making Ron Wolf the GM.

Kill me.

God, that thread is a joy. On it, Om makes a "joke" (all of Om's jokes were in parentheticals) that Gibbs will be hired (two years before he was hired) and that our cynical fans would predict he would fail. And then he listed all the reasons that Gibbs actually did fail.

I love this place. I'll be here in 2054 ****ing about Snyder.

SHF will be here too - waiting for the day that Republicans like Muslims and wondering why we haven't hired Tony Dungy.

12 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I have been posting on these "fix the Skins" threads since, well, before you were born.

All these ideas are the same ideas we had 20 years ago.

Year 2000 ideas on Year 2000 tech. ExtremeSkins!!!

1.) Fire Bruce Allen, obviously.

2.) Promote Doug Williams to Director of Player Personnel

3.) Promote Eric Schaffer to President

4.) Hire Kyle Smith as GM

5.) Clean house of scouting department and let Kyle Smith bring his own team in while also being willing to spend big on said department.

I’m not recommending bringing in any outside help because Snyder ain’t built like that LOL

Just now, SkinsHokieFan said:

I still have the org chart I created in 2011, which you mocked back then and made fun of me for "treating football like a 5 year corporate strategy plan" 

All your ideas are always awful. Just awful.

Not as bad at the guy who just put Doug Williams in charge of everything for some goddamn reason. But bad.

Your plans always are on six year cycles in a sport where the average career is 2.5 years.

2 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

All your ideas are always awful. Just awful.

Not as bad at the guy who just put Doug Williams in charge of everything for some goddamn reason. But bad.

Your plans always are on six year cycles in a sport where the average career is 2.5 years.

If you only knew what the hell I did for a living, you would consider me vastly overpaid

Just wait until my wife gets me to move to Austin next year 

Ok. I'll stop mocking all of you dum dums for a second.

The problem at the Skins is the culture. Marty couldn't fix it. Spurrier couldn't fix it. Joe Gibbs couldn't fix it. Mike Shanahan couldn't fix it. jay Gruden has been swallowed by it, vomited by it, and now that vomit is being eaten by the culture as if the culture were a Lab. All of them succumbed to it in some way or another.

No committee can fix it. No "Great man" can fix it. You can come up with strategies to paste over it. But until you fix the toxic culture in the building out there that turns everyone into a back-biting stooge within days of arrival, this will continue.

And your solution can't be literally shielding the owner from the team he runs. It's his team. He needs a say. Because he's the only one who will always be here.

Like I said, we've been having this discussion for literally 20 years. LITERALLY!!!!

And the answer is always basically, "Hire a smart GM and give him total control." Because it's an NFL team. What other solution is there really? Yet, it never really happens, and even when it sort of does, it doesn't work.

5 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Ok. I'll stop mocking all of you dum dums for a second.

The problem at the Skins is the culture. Marty couldn't fix it. Spurrier couldn't fix it. Joe Gibbs couldn't fix it. Mike Shanahan couldn't fix it. jay Gruden has been swallowed by it, vomited by it, and now that vomit is being eaten by the culture as if the culture were a Lab. All of them succumbed to it in some way or another.

No committee can fix it. No "Great man" can fix it. You can come up with strategies to paste over it. But until you fix the toxic culture in the building out there that turns everyone into a back-biting stooge within days of arrival, this will continue.

And your solution can't be literally shielding the owner from the team he runs. It's his team. He needs a say. Because he's the only one who will always be here.

No **** Sherlock.  Pat yourself on the back, why don’t you!  Man, you are GENIUS!!!!

3 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

What does "no meddling mean?"

"Dan, we are signing a punter for $25 million a year!"

"That seems kinda high."

"No meddling!!!"

I mean, that's dumb.

Also, when was the last time we had stories of Dan "meddiling?" 2000? At this point, it seems like it's entirely the Bruce Show. Meddling would be welcomed, I think.

@Lombardi's_kid_brother is straight murdering yall :ols:

At this point I'm interest in what supposedly the NFL did when they intervened with the Giants in the 70s. 

But hes a 100% that if the goal is to take Snyder completely out the decision making process then he needs to be replaced, because the only thing worse then a stupid owner is an apathetic absentee owner.  

Whatever we do, we need to bring in a brilliant football mind. Somebody who really thinks outside the box. And as it just so happens...I'm available. Take a look at at the below if you don't believe me.

This is called the Flying-V. It's never not worked. If you want to win, you gotta outsmart your opponent. Now, the following play was written by yours truly.

1) QB snaps the ball and immediately takes on the DT and LDE on a double team. It's the last thing they'd expect, plus we need a guy with good hands to maintain those blocks. They are pivotal to the play working.

2) Blue circles represent skill position players. They gotta be fast to get up to the second level and initiate their blocks. The first blue circle on the top right needs to get around the vicious double team the QB is throwing and block the MLB. This is key. I'm thinking Thompson here. He's small and squirrely.

3) Orange circles represent lineman. We need two lineman on each side to double team and take the corners out of the play. We have bad blocking lineman so we need to double them. Honeslty, if the refs aren't looking we sneak #12 and #13 on the field to triple team those DBs. Simple.

4) Green dot is actually Greg Manusky. He's a big dude who doesn't spends most of his time watching Tremors and General Hospital reruns instead of developing schemes and plays, so we can use him as a lead blocker.

5) Yellow dot, and who the QB snaps the ball two shotgun style (under Manuskys legs) is Jon Allen. Dude is a warrior and has never, and will never, be tackled in his life. He sweeps right with Manusky lead blocking and goes untouched into the end zone every single play.

This is what I bring to the table. Sign me up, Bruce.

Capture.JPG

5 hours ago, megared said:

Not this stadium...and enough of the nostalgia.  The majority of fans that you're trying to get (or bring back) don't remember or care about the glory years if it means cheering for a team going nowhere.  

Who said I'm trying to draw fans back....and nostalgia is important. Someday you'll figure that out.

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

And he's been waiting for 12 years to fix this particular **** show.

Lol, touché.  Fair point.  About as unrealistic as me being hired as the consultant to fix it all, so there ya go lol. 

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

This is called the Flying-V. It's never not worked. If you want to win, you gotta outsmart your opponent. Now, the following play was written by yours truly.

Lol, don't know why but this is the part that made me literally lol. 

Complete and total house cleaning. I fire EVERYONE in the front office. Not just the top people, but everyone. I fire all the accountants, marketing staff, literally every single person that works with the organization goes. Even the janitorial staff. Complete and total nuclear bomb.

This next part might sound silly, but I then hire top notch cleaners to completely steam clean and replace everything in Redskins Park(only because it isnt feasible to build a new facility I don't think). Its more psychological than anything else but the franchise needs a complete and total house cleaning.

My next step is to hire a new Team President to run things. Ideally a young up and comer, who would then hire a young up and coming GM from a franchise with a winning culture. The President would hire a brand new business ops staff while the GM hires a brand new personnel department.

Let the GM hire the coach. Ideally a young-ish up and comer with experience on a winning staff. Andy Reid assistants seem to have a good track record(John Harbaugh, Matt Nagy, Doug Pederson to name a few). The head coach hires his own staff, a mix of youth and experienced assistants.

I'd then advise cutting everyone on the roster that isn't on a rookie contract, with a few exceptions due to how cheap their contracts are(i.e. Ioanidis, Thompson, Dunbar etc.). Fill the roster out with rookies and vet min FAs.

By 2022 we'll be a talented young contending team with tons of cap space and a new culture of winning. Make Redskins Football great again.

Archived