Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Eagles Prediction Thread: 2019 Kick-Off Spectacular

skins island connection

Who wins the 2019 kick-off spectacular??  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Redskins
    • Eagles
    • Can't answer, still dodging batteries

When: Sunday September 8th  1:00 p.m.

Where: Lincoln Financial Field { home of the Santa Claus boo'ers }

Well guys and gals, the 2019 NFL football season is right around the corner, and as many of you are, I am also itching to see how this year's team will fare.

Its been a loooong off-season, a lot of 'what-ifs' bouncing around in my head, a lot of watching some of the glory days highlights, and a lot of wondering about the state of this team; where they were, where they are now, and where will they be a few months down the road. Like you, I'm certainly hoping for the best, as we all know its been a trying few years, with the ups and downs taking us on a roller coaster ride, which of course, like a roller coaster ride, didn't last long enough.

2019 is here, and as every year, changes in the team have happened; some good, some bad. I will admit, the releasing of Josh Doctson was long overdue, as he was almost invisible during his tenure here. This season will be a challenging one, and unless Gruden & company can get something going, he will more than likely be on the hot seat, if he isn't already.

Ok, to the game.

The Redskins are on the road in Filthadumpia, and the overall head-to-head record is 86-77-5 in favor of the Redskins, and a favoring 42-40 on the road.

The last time the Redskins won there was in 2016 by a score of 27-22.

The Eagles will be welcoming back Carson Wentz, a very crafty and skilled QB, to lead their offense. Last year they were 9-7, and defending Super Bowl champions,  and managed to squeak into the paloffs and winning the wildcard game against da' Bears, but fell short to the New Orleans Saints 20-14.

Offensively, the Eagles have had success moving the ball, but relied mainly on their defense to keep them in games, and with the start of this season, I'm sure they will want to make a statement that Wentz is back and they're ready for the 2019 season.

The Redskins had a year they'd like to forget. 2018 was not a good year for keeping players on the field.

Alex Smith, the starting QB, had a ho-hum season, but managed to have the Redskins looking ok in the division until a season-ending injury knocked him out. Following Smith was Colt McCoy, who also ended up being knocked out for the season a few weeks later, followed by Mark Sanchez [ when we ALL knew the season was officially over ] then Josh Johnson.

In the draft, surprisingly,  Dwayne Haskins fell into their laps, and a mobile young QB could be the building block of the offense, but only time will tell when he will get his shot at playing.

Injuries was the main topic in 2018 for the Redskins, as it seemed players were dropping left and right, and as their record fell, the overall demeanor of the team seemed to fizzle.

Defensively, they started out surprising, but as the season went on, and the inability to move the football put them on the field way too much, which eventually burned them out.

So, game 1 of the 2019 season is Sunday, and Redskin fans are eager to see if an early chemistry will develop, or will it be mass confusion from whistle to whistle.

The Redskins and Eagles have a storied rivalry with some very intense games between the two, but week 1 on the road and Wentz back for the Eagles, it will be up to the defense to stimy him and possibly sneak out a huge upset win in Philly.

When the dust settles and the batteries stop flying,

the Eagles just have more going for them but the Redskins do put up a spirited fight.

Final score:

Redskins 16

Eagles 27

* First correct score prediction wins a new Redskins cap or Beanie. { for those who put up more than one score, only the first will be accepted }.

Good luck to all, and as always,     GO     SKINS !!

About time a thread about the start of the season. I’m pumped! All the bs of training camp is over and now it’s for real. I live in Philly and will be at the game as I usually am each year.

The Eagles defense is not their defense of old. They were awful in the preseason. Their def line from the past is no longer solid. Their linebackers including Zach Brown is vulnerable. Their secondary is solid but can be exposed with a weaker front seven. Their offense hasn’t played much so no telling how Wentz will perform. Desean is hurt on every hit and hopefully Landon and Montea can patrol the middle effectively so we don’t we see any big plays. Ertz is a guy we need to control. I think our front should be able to slow up Howard and Sanders. 

I’m excited to see Guice do his thing and hopefully we can get some clutch plays from guys like Reed and one of our new starters at wideout. We can pull out the upset but we are also a touchdown underdog. 

Hail!

7 hours ago, skins island connection said:

The Redskins are on the road in Filthadumpia,

'Filthadumpia' is a brilliant word. Never heard it before, but gonna use it liberally from now on.

I predict a very tight game where both defenses dominate the offenses. If we don't **** up on special teams then we might just edge it.

Redskins 13

Filthadumpia 10

8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Redskins win.

Eagles are over-rated, and Skins are under-rated.

And last year Jay started a new momentum of coming out strong in the opener.

This year we're even better off because we survived the entire preseason with no major injuries.

We're virtually 100% healthy !

This.

Follow the money in Vegas , always.  The heavy money is on Eagles to cover the 8 or 9.  So you gotta think it will not be a pretty game in end. Starts out well in first half , then Skins Oline becomes porous and run game gets shut down by Cox and Jackson. Wentz rusty at first but then settles down and let’s the abundance of weapons ( DJax, Ertz, Goedert, Howard, rookie RB, Agholor and Jeffery) do their thing vs Norman.  12 personnel keep Kerrigan and Co stifled in second half while DJax scares MLBs into playing back and the RPOs then become hard to defend when on heals. 

Eagles - 30

Skins - 17 

Redskins 16

Eagles 13

24 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Redskins defense will need to create turnovers ,force 3 & outs and generally give our offense great starting field position (40 yard line or better).  I don't have alot of confidence in our offense to string long 80 yard drives downfield. Make it a field goal battle and we might have a chance.

Was 16

Phi  13

Damn it man lol

Redskins  17

Eagles  16

I think the eagles are one of the most balanced team in the NFL, so going to their house while philly is relatively healthy will be tough.

However, I think our defense keeps their offense in check. Unfortunately, I think our offense gets very little going.

Eagles 24

Redskins 13

Archived