Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jordan Reed Is In Concussion Protocol

desertbeagle85

I guess the question now is what does Jordan Reed want to do?  Is this going to be a clear cut case of Doctor's recommending he retire and he listens, or will this be a situation like Alex Smith where the team is on the hook paying his salary for awhile, while he figures it out? 

I know that sounds harsh, but the reality is that will be a a second key position (3rd if you count Trent's holdout) that a lot of money is tired up into someone not playing and likely not playing anytime soon.  All three for different reasons, but also a very real possibility that all three never play a game for this team again. 

For Reed specifically, the smart decision for his own good would be to retire and preserve his health. 

I hope he's okay. I've had friends that are working through serious concussions and one took over a year before she could just start going to the gym. I hope he's able to do many of the day to day things that make him happy and he's not dealing with any type of depression. 

Just like all of us, he's a human just trying to get bye. Sure I was introduced to him as a only as a football player, but I hope his career never gets in the way of his life. 

I think he needs to retire. This game isn't worth sacrificing his health anymore than it already has. Concussions are no joke, and there has probably already been enough damage to cause some issues for him later in life. He's already made $24M in career earnings, so financially he should be set.

Go into that good night, Jordan. Enjoy the rest of your life.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's also baffling since guys like McLaurin were completely held out of preseason. They can claim it was injury, but I think that was an exaggeration.

If McLaurin, a rookie, can survive without preseason, how much more should Reed be held out, taking all things into consideration, such as his experience level, injury history, etc.

Reed easily could have skipped preseason, and would not have skipped a beat, performance-wise, in Game 1.

Even with all that being true, I still think something else would have come along and he'd have given us his usual 10-12 games, if that.

3 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

I think he needs to retire. This game isn't worth sacrificing his health anymore than it already has. Concussions are no joke, and there has probably already been enough damage to cause some issues for him later in life. He's already made $24M in career earnings, so financially he should be set.

Go into that good night, Jordan. Enjoy the rest of your life.

Seriously, who wants to live like Jim McMahon? Dementia at 50 years old? Guy can hardly go outside. 

Jordan should retire. 

26 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

the biggest question is, Vets accrue a year for a certain number of games played per season, correct?

So, Is Jordan Reed technically a rookie?

That’s not very nice.  

Dude has given everything he can to the team.  He’s not soft.  But his body just can’t hold up.

He’s made a lot of money.  I hope his desire to play does not cloud his judgement for the prospects of having a healthy life with his family.  He has young kids I believe, and he should be there in sound mind and body as they grow up.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s not very nice.  

Dude has given everything he can to the team.  He’s not soft.  But his body just can’t hold up.

He’s made a lot of money.  I hope his desire to play does not cloud his judgement for the prospects of having a healthy life with his family.  He has young kids I believe, and he should be there in sound mind and body as they grow up.

I agree with your last point... He needs to retire while he can still function. I hope for the best for him and his family, as I would for any human, but doesn't stop me from thinking he's been a wasted roster spot for many years...

I know concussions are serious, especially with how many Reed has had, but if you have to be out for 5+ weeks due to one, I think it is safe to say you probably need to retire for your own well being.

Also, it's funny because Vernon Davis was brought here the entire time to be the backup, the forgotten once great TE, but he has usually been forced into the #1 TE role instead. 

Archived