Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: REDSKINS VS. FALCONS

SkinsGuy

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Football is brutal.

Kelvin Harmon is the real deal.  He's the best receiver on the team and it's only a matter of time before he's playing a lot of snaps for someone.  It's the one thing about this Redskins offense I've been sold on in the preseason.

He gives great effort on anything thrown his way and I think his college tape is transferring.  Exciting to see even though it is only vs backups. 

I mentioned post draft that I think he might supplant doctson this year. He is making a case for it. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Way too risky, look at how 90% of the defenders in the NFL run with the football nowadays

Well we can agree to disagree.  I want my defense hungry and trying to score if they have the opportunity especially with a weak offense 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think you underestimate the average age of a message board poster in 2019, we aren't getting tons of young people here anymore.

And even young fans are likely to know the history. I'm 30 and get the reference. 

I didn’t make any estimate, I simply asked a question.  🤷‍♂️ 

and yes Renegade, the ol Billy/Sonny debate.

I was Billy, my dad was Sonny

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Why do people care about this. This is the Falcons stadium and broadcast, I'm sure their fans are happy to hear about the good experience awaiting them. 

Skins fans who want Snyder to improve the game day experience should hope that thjs catches on across the league and becomes a popular way to get fans in the stadium. 

Because we're watching the game, not a sales pitch. They occasionally broke through the Amway speech to tell us what occurred...plus, the talk was canned and staged as hell. It's bad enough hearing homerific announcers get half the **** they talk about wrong, but making us sit through their sales pitch like it's a timeshare in Florida before we can get back to fully watching the game is irritating as hell. And I would imagine a lot of Falcons fans felt the same... I remember that MNF game against the Cowboys where they did an interview with Jerruh Jones, cutting to his ugly mug and taking focus away from the game...and only went back to the game when Romo was injured. During the interview, Cowboys fans were irritated as hell on their board. Fans tend not to like their football-viewing experience interrupted by things not related to what's happening on the field.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think you underestimate the average age of a message board poster in 2019, we aren't getting tons of young people here anymore.

And even young fans are likely to know the history. I'm 30 and get the reference. 

30? Damn bro wanna trade places?

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I swear it seems like he took a similar vicious shot to the head last year, too.

I remember because he got super pissed about it, that I think even he was penalized for how he reacted.

But it really seems like teams are tryin to take him out

I agree with this 100%

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He had a catch on a comeback where he sent the DB flying.

There aren't many guys in the NFL that get a lot of separation against man.  Much of the game is making plays even though you're covered and Harmon has that.  He makes himself a target every snap and he competes for everything.

Ah i must have missed that one. I definitely think he has the hands and the ball awareness going for him, his speed has always made me a bit of a skeptic though

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

30? Damn bro wanna trade places?

lol.

Other than Cooleyfan I think I'm one of the younger regulars around here. We've lost a lot of the posters that I came up with over the years, that I perceived to be around my age. Mr. Sinister might be one of the ones left from those days. Message boards pull an older crowd. Or just stopped pulling younger people at a certain point. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

lol.

Other than Cooleyfan I think I'm one of the younger regulars around here. We've lost a lot of the posters that I came up with over the years, that I perceived to be around my age. Mr. Sinister might be one of the ones left from those days. Message boards pull an older crowd. Or just stopped pulling younger people at a certain point. 

Agreed. Youngin's like to use their phone for everything. And message boards just suck on a phone. No matter how good your app is.

Archived