Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: REDSKINS VS. FALCONS

SkinsGuy

So my two,cents...

Haskins is a better QB then our starter....

Guice looks good

Special teams took a leap forward

Moreland is the real deal

The bad

Our head coach is a total coward nit wit, lame lame lame

He had almost 2 mins in the 4th, three timeouts... He squandered

Away a perfect op to train Haskins 

In a hurry up. Guys a loser...

Sorry im done with him, fire, promote the O cord. New young team, new aggressive head coach 

Needed

Good game, but that chicken poop HC needs to go

Night all

15 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Because we're watching the game, not a sales pitch. They occasionally broke through the Amway speech to tell us what occurred...plus, the talk was canned and staged as hell. 

I don't think they had too much to say about their teams performance. They kinda had to switch gears. Announcers in the local market get paid to put butts in the seats. It was annoying but that's what you get with local coverage. 

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah I'm a longform guy at heart despite skewing younger. Not a single person I know is on a message board, I'm the freak. Reddit has some young people but isn't a message board at all. 

My younger brother uses Reddit.  I can't do it.  It's nice to be able to cuss, but the reward system over there incentivizes ****posting and makes argumentation a pain and the discussion ends up being really shallow and saturated in group think.  It's boring.

5 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I know preseason doesn't count, but since we did decently at the dress rehearsal...doesn't that count for something?

Generally I almost completely ignore preseason (the falcons have lost all games 3 years in a row for instance). 

I do think this showing is what we get from the skins this year though. Decent run game but a plodding offense with gaffes once or twice a game. Jordan reed becoming a factot then getting hurt.

Stout defense that will eventually be worn down by the ineffectiveness of our offense. 

Above average special teams. 

I'll go 7-9. 

16 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Haskins fired up to assume the victory formation.

1) I think this defense is legit. The DL is FOR SURE

2) Case is what he is. An average QB

3) Cam Sims needs to make this team.

4) Haskins is better than Case

5) We are STACKED at RB. Maybe the best group in the NFL

6) Haskins is better than Case

7) haskins is better than Case

8 ) Guice is back in a big way

9) The starters actually looked like a real football team tonight.

10) Did I mention that Haskins is better than Case?

1) Disagree I think our CBs and LBs will hurt the defense. The DL is good though, but is it good enough.

2) Agreed Case is average at best

3) How can anyone watching all of these games say that? There is no game film in my opinion for any of these WRs. I don't know what the Skins do here. 

4) Don't agree that Haskins is better than Case yet. He's more talented I'll give you that.

5) I agree I love the RBs on this team. 

6) Don't agree that Haskins is better than Case yet. He's more talented I'll give you that.

7) Don't agree that Haskins is better than Case yet. He's more talented I'll give you that.

8 ) Guice could be a monster and Peterson might have to take a step back soon. 

9) Still to many problems with the oline. 

10) Based on what 3 preseason games where Haskins did what? He never played against starters either. 

1 minute ago, mexaskin said:

I don't think they had too much to say about their teams performance. They kinda had to switch gears. Announcers in the local market get paid to put butts in the seats. It was annoying but that's what you get with local coverage. 

Dude. Love your screen name!

1 minute ago, Skinarchy said:

So my two,cents...

Haskins is a better QB then our starter....

Guice looks good

Special teams took a leap forward

Moreland is the real deal

The bad

Our head coach is a total coward nit wit, lame lame lame

He had almost 2 mins in the 4th, three timeouts... He squandered

Away a perfect op to train Haskins 

In a hurry up. Guys a loser...

Sorry im done with him, fire, promote the O cord. New young team, new aggressive head coach 

Needed

Good game, but that chicken poop HC needs to go

Night all

I don't totally blame Jay for burning the end of the game. You really have mostly scrubs in there. You don't need to see if they can pull of a two minute drive. I'd still like to see what they could/could not do, but I get it. I really hated the two minute drive to end the first half though. Two screens and a dink pass down the middle. How conservative and wimpy! Challenge the team to do something. You've got nothing to lose. Preseason games don't count.

To me Keenum should have been benched after the very first drive when he missed the short pass on 3rd down to CT. He never even attempted to follow through on the throw and had CT wide open for the easy first down. He stared down the rusher and just threw the ball into the dirt. I was done with him right then and there.

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

twitter might be the worst invention in human history. It is pure political hate. And I dont care which side of the equation you are on. You CANNOT avoid it on that site.

Twitter is a tool, I follow organizations for Cybersecurity news right from the horses mouth, like DHS.  I have never gotten in a Twitter beef, seems like a terrible platform for it.  OT, but facebook debates are hopeless as well, and the way posts are attached to each other makes it impossible after jus a handful of posts.  Message board is perfect for online debates, but not the in thing anymore

13 minutes ago, panahoo said:

To me Keenum should have been benched after the very first drive when he missed the short pass on 3rd down to CT. He never even attempted to follow through on the throw and had CT wide open for the easy first down. He stared down the rusher and just threw the ball into the dirt. I was done with him right then and there.

I watched every Bronco game last year and this is normal. Get used to it.

19 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I don't totally blame Jay for burning the end of the game. You really have mostly scrubs in there. You don't need to see if they can pull of a two minute drive. I'd still like to see what they could/could not do, but I get it. I really hated the two minute drive to end the first half though. Two screens and a dink pass down the middle. How conservative and wimpy! Challenge the team to do something. You've got nothing to lose. Preseason games don't count.

My man wrote that post in experimental polymeter free verse.

I saw Haskins covering his ear holes in an empty stadium.  I want Jay to provision for this stuff so we don't have to burn a timeout like we have in years past.  Why can't they crank up the ****ing volume yeesh if you are going to have radio comms make it work. Yeah Bellichek in his prime would squelch the opposition feed.

Again damn glad to see Jay get glasses after seeing him squinting in the first game. We need him to have eagle eyes for reviews, arguing penalties, whatever.

The D will keep us in games, but I don't think they'll be a take the game over, dominant unit, not yet anyway. Still missing those key pieces at ILB and possibly FS.

I get a 2004 type feeling from this team. We'll finish around 5 or 6 wins and our offense will be sluggish reliant mostly on the run game, but we'll be a tough out for most teams.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

The D will keep us in games, but I don't think they'll be a take the game over, dominant unit, not yet anyway. Still missing those key pieces at ILB and possibly FS.

I get a 2004 type feeling from this team. We'll finish around 5 or 6 wins and our offense will be sluggish reliant mostly on the run game, but we'll be a tough out for most teams.

I get it. But lets not discount the value of a dominate DL. The Giants carried two of them to World Championships. Now. This team is not a SB winning team. But they could be A LOT better than people think they will be.

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

8-8 they are better then 5-6 wins 

Our best receivers are still on the 2nd and 3rd string 

AP with Reed. Guice, will open up the pass game big time

As Josh N said, man Haskins throws a pretty ball. I expect our chicken ball coach to start old weak rubber arm, but Haskina should go week one...

If the skins are close to a 7 point dog in Philly, im all over it. 

Decent game overall. A few notes...

1. Haskins looks better than Case.

2. Jay loves Perine

3. Reed I am not counting on

4. MaLaren,  Harmon and Sims need a chance

5. AP is definitely our fastest RB with cut back skills that are un matched.

6. Guice looked great coming off injury. Doesn’t seem generational and not sure if he is a home run threat.

7. Jay pisses me off

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I get it. But lets not discount the value of a dominate DL. The Giants carried two of them to World Championships. Now. This team is not a SB winning team. But they could be A LOT better than people think they will be.

To be fair that was almost a decade ago, and the game continues to shift in favor of offenses. And I know you weren't asserting that it was, but this D doesn't have the edge rush those DL's did. We do have comparable interior push imo, which can give QB's fits. 

Just now, Skinarchy said:

8-8 they are better then 5-6 wins 

Our best receivers are still on the 2nd and 3rd string 

AP with Reed Guice, will open up the pass game. 

If the skins are close to a 7 point dog in Philly, im all over it. 

Our schedule is tough. We're not as good as the Eagles or Cowboys. We play quite a few real good QBs that will torch the middle of our pass D(Pats, Vikings, Packers, potentially Lions and Jets). I think the only teams on our schedule we're legitimately better than are the Giants, Dolphins, and maybe 49ers. Of course we'll beat a few other teams because we're better then 3-13, but 8-8 might be tough. Honestly if we go 8-8 with this offense Jay Gruden should win COTY.

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

Decent game overall. A few notes...

1. Haskins looks better than Case.

2. Jay loves Perine

3. Reed I am not counting on

4. MaLaren,  Harmon and Sims need a chance

5. AP is definitely our fastest RB with cut back skills that are un matched.

6. Guice looked great coming off injury. Doesn’t seem generational and not sure if he is a home run threat.

7. Jay pisses me off

I'd like to add how good Landon Collins and Montez Sweat looked.

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

To be fair that was almost a decade ago, and the game continues to shift in favor of offenses. And I know you weren't asserting that it was, but this D doesn't have the edge rush those DL's did. We do have comparable interior push imo, which can give QB's fits. 

There are certain eternal laws of football.  The team who dominates the line of scrimmage almost always wins is one of them. 

Those Giants teams weren't just a defensive line though.  They had an awesome offensive line too, and stability at QB.  They won on both sides of the line and that's the real championship formula.  You can win with a dominant defense and a trash OL, but you have to thread a tiny needle and your QB has to be Russell Wilson good.

Archived