Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Space: 'Mad' Flat-Earther to Launch Himself 5,000 Feet Up on a Homemade Steam Rocket Sunday

China

21 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Anyone find it ****ed up that the “Science Channel” gave this dude a platform for his very obviously stupid idea that ended in death? You can’t save people from their own stupidity but giving them a platform is maybe not the best idea.

The "Science" channel has been ****ing up for a few years now, promoting shows (like "What on Earth) that edge ever so subtly towards bull**** conspiracy theories,  like every other channel that used to be about educational/informative programming.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The "Science" channel has been ****ing up for a few years now, promoting shows (like "What on Earth) that edge ever so subtly towards bull**** conspiracy theories,  like every other channel that used to be about educational/informative programming.

Sounds like they’ve gone full History Channel. God help the people of this country who don’t know better.

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

You are missing the point completely.  Scientists test hypothesis. You and I don’t know the earth is round. We believe the earth is round. You can’t know something you don’t observe and test. You can only believe it.

He was testing that hypothesis so he could know the earth was round.

I am a scientist.  I do not know that getting whacked in the face with a garden rake is painful.  I will observe and test the hypothesis that it is not. My trusty assistant Clem will strike me in the face with a garden rake and I will scientifically report the results on the Science Channel next Tuesday at 8pm, 7pm Central.

18 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I am a scientist.  I do not know that getting whacked in the face with a garden rake is painful.  I will observe and test the hypothesis that it is not. My trusty assistant Clem will strike me in the face with a garden rake and I will scientifically report the results on the Science Channel next Tuesday at 8pm, 7pm Central.

You know....you could probably charge $5 to any ES members to help you with the hitting part...may make a fortune.

🤣

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I’d watch a show where scientists get clobbered by garden tools.  It’s educational, like you say, and I do love me some learnin. 

4 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Face?  What about other body parts?  You need to expand your hypothesis, and include variables such as type of rake, whether a fulcrum is used, etc.

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

5 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Sounds like they’ve gone full History Channel. God help the people of this country who don’t know better.

No, no, and no.  That is one example, but the overwhelming amount of content is on point and a justification for purchasing the cable package to get that channel.

"Through the Wormhole" and "How the Universe Works" are two of the best documentary series I've ever seen in my life, I highly recommend signing into their website and checking out what they got, they're nothing like the History Channel has become, it's not even close.

Yet.

5 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

That and the people in charge of those channels that decided to cater to them instead of fulfilling their mission statement

I want to cuss them all out if for anything else for tainting their reputation for what, money? Was it worth it, and for who?

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No, no, and no.  That is one example, but the overwhelming amount of content is on point and a justification for purchasing the cable package to get that channel.

"Through the Wormhole" and "How the Universe Works" are two of the best documentary series I've ever seen in my life, I highly recommend signing into their website and checking out what they got, they're nothing like the History Channel has become, it's not even close.

Yet.

Who/what exactly are you disagreeing with?

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

That Science Channel has gone full History Channel, which is dominated by reality TV now.  That's not true.

Oh good, because you quoting me was confusing. No, they haven't gone there (yet), but the recent shift has been very noticeable, and it doesn't take much, evidenced by their newest show about "investigating" the Bermuda Triangle.

I watch that channel everyday, and its noticeable just how much more they are dipping into the "Aliens" pool, even on their shows that talk about space, and planets like How The Universe Works, in the form of questions or extra commentary. Then of course there are shows like The Unexplained Files/What on Earth that are usually just full on braindead programming.

For my standard, which is what I viewed as the last bastion of programming integrity involving the world of science/travel/exploration, etc, they are slowly but surely inching away, just like all the rest (before they all eventually became caricatures of themselves, full of **** programming... Save for selective weeks in which they throw out all the good stuff, pretending like that's still what they are)

It's going to happen to the Science Channel too. Its inevitable.  All of these people have finally realized the truth... We are collectively too stupid to enjoy educational programming 

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

It's going to happen to the Science Channel too. Its inevitable.  All of these people have finally realized the truth... We are collectively too stupid to enjoy educational programming 

My counter for this doesnt matter. Enjoy it while it lasts, that's what I'm doing. 

25227027_giphy(54).gif.5803754c3e2037eedec29b34a86f0a76.gif

At least the website let's you view all their content instead of waiting for it to come on, which you are right, that's next if gravity has it's way.

The History Channel Vault makes me sad, I have to pay extra to watch history channel documentaries because they are rarely on the history channel anymore. I blame money more then stupid, money wants us stupid.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I dont want to say goodbye... 

Aye, remember back in mid90s when TLC used to show cool **** like storm chaser documentaries?  Fast forward and I jus checked, History Channel has an American Pickers marathon until 4 in the morning.

724245380_giphy(55).gif.c4220c8a0191c5fc996102eee7e81124.gif

Them doing that to Science Channel would be three strikes, I'm not sure which stage of grief I'd fast forward to, crossing fingers.

Archived