Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Running back depth chart

skinsfan93

On 8/9/2019 at 12:53 PM, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Perine, Marshall, Reynolds, and everyone else behind AP, Guice and CT, need to be replaced. Not liking the end of our roster at a ton of positions ILB, DL, OL, RB

Typically a normal team would be content with 3 running-backs and your point would be moot but this is the often injured Redskins we are talking about so i do agree with you and this should be somewhat a area of concern.  Perine-Marshall  are terrible , reynolds i haven't seen enough but I'll take your word for it 

Whats the story on Love , is he injured ?

I don't see anything other than AP opening as the lead back against the eagles, week one. CT on third downs and Guice getting a series or two, as and when needed.

It would be wise to give Guice some carries in pre-season IMO. Coming back from that injury is a mental challange as well as a physical one. It'll take him a while to be really confident that he's fully healed and put the injury behind him. Hopefully he's going to get more carries as the season progresses and eventually gets the majority of the work. I still see Peterson starting every game (if healthy), even if Guice is essentially the lead back.

The above is what I expect to happen, but who knows? AP surprised a lot of people last year (including myself) with how much he still has left in the tank. So maybe the old man can do it again for another year and out-play the young pup all season?

On 8/8/2019 at 2:00 PM, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

This won't be a popular opinion here but I don't know why anyone thinks AP is going to play second fiddle to Guice when in fact it should and probably will be just the opposite. Guice has all the talent in the world but the reality is he hasn't played a single QRT of real football in the NFL yet. 

AP is a Hall of Fame runningback who despite being at the tail end of his career is still quite awesome &  played his heart out for us last year and was the MAIN reason we got off to that 6-3 (or was it 6-2 start i dont remember. )

Guice has alot to prove before he gets the bulk of carries for this football team

Agreed. I posted earlier that i hope Guice doesn't even suit up until week 7. Let AP start and carry the load until Guice is fully strong and solid with the knee. It would be dumb to rush him back.

On 8/13/2019 at 5:06 PM, desertbeagle85 said:

Is Guice going to be ready to start the season? I heard today he still isn't cleared to play. 

I heard the same. Probably "just a procedure thing". Or, you know, Redskins.

I remember on draft day learning he had complications and it was insinuated it may have led to taking Love.  Some heads exploded here alleging that him posting a workout video the next day = he was fine. Now, I do think he is fine and ready to go but our crack medical staff is probably scrambling to not screw up. Basically gun shy to clear him so they don't get egg on their face. Doing their job on pins and needles with Trent (maybe even legal action??) looming over their heads.  Bruce doesn't want any more incompetence evidence generated at this point.

school-schooling-learning-teachers-stude

Who can tell me where a RB with vision would have taken this run?

1206088091_PerineVision.thumb.JPG.089651e4c169a53edbdc54e72c6a5bee.JPG

A running back with vision would have juked right to set up the back side cut....

Capture1.thumb.JPG.ee1181d3e7bcdd769c12ce1c95c76804.JPG

A RB with no vision (or simply playing because the coach likes him) does this......

Capture2.thumb.JPG.e4f494358449b3f85b8def5c32d6f46a.JPG

He just doesn't run with purpose, confidence or vision to me

There's just no point in wasting a roster spot on a schlub like Perine, the way he's looked. There are tons of RB's you can get off the couch if the worst happens, always. Ajayi can be had for vet min right now and run into the ground until his knee falls apart again. That's just off the top of my head and disregarding all the cuts that will happen around the league at RB. Guys like Spencer Ware, Alex Collins, Mike Davis, etc. all were productive with their touches in recent history and were had off the scrap heap when their original teams cut them. That's just a tiny sampling that I thought of off the top of my head. 

22 minutes ago, oraphus said:

if Perine makes the 53 i hope Gruden's dumb ass gets fired on the spot. This guy has shown absolutely nothing in the NFL and a rb with his "talent" can be found in a Mcdonalds drive through. 

DAMN! The McDonald's drive thru? LOL!🤣😂🤣

Perine is a scrub!!! Wanted to like him, but he's hot garbage!

Any new on Bryce love? I wonder if he ever suits up for the skins. I didn't think he would play much or at all this year, but it would be nice to know how his recovery is going. 

And yes, perine, doesn't bring anything flashy but gruden seems to be comfy with him. I think we need someone more capable of filling the pass caching role as well as the occasional rush role. Marshall seems better for that imo. 

46 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Any new on Bryce love? I wonder if he ever suits up for the skins. I didn't think he would play much or at all this year, but it would be nice to know how his recovery is going.  

Love was put on PUP at the start of camp. As were Alex Smith, Brailford, and Danny Johnson. I don't think you're allowed to practice or play in games. I bet he's rehabbing and studying.

As the lone remaining member of the Perine isn't Perineum Punching "Bag" fan club let me offer rebuttal before the obvious cut. Yep he looks like crap running the ball (worse than ever). But everyone knows coaches love a player that does what is asked and can be trusted.

I have a suspicion that he is doing exactly what Gruden asks him to do. That likely includes not dancing like AP behind the LOS.   The play is to the right and that is where Jay wants him to go. AP improvises and abandons the play and his skill level dictates it works.  

I am the only one but still want to see him run from pistol like he was in college.  What I see is that he is too big and stiff to be run from 7 yds behind the LOS, and find the hole at the last moment. He is cut from the quick hitter FB dive mold and that is how Jay is asking him to run.  He is too far off the LOS to be used that way. 

Our RBs are all injury prone.  AP will play through his sure but a guy off the street will take a while for Jay to trust him in pass pro.  Until Jay finds someone he likes better, and Guice is actually cleared, he will remain to the final cuts.

On 8/17/2019 at 1:25 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

I would be very surprised if Perine makes the 53.

Then again, with Guice not 100%, nor Love, and now Wilson is hurt, that could be his opportunity.

Unless Craig Reynolds surprises all.

Yea, I think Perine should definitely be on the bubble. Don't forget Shaun Wilson, RB, looks to be our guy on special teams.

On 8/18/2019 at 9:01 AM, Bonez3 said:

Love has to spend year on PUP... the 3 Rb's are going to be AP/Guice/CT. This position is the most predictable. 

He doesn't have to spend all year there, but he might.

I'd be a little surprised if the team didn't keep 4 RBs. Possible, but given the fact Thompson is definitely injury prone, Guice has missed 100% of his NFL games due to injury and still not fully cleared, and Peterson is really old for a RB (and including last year only played a reasonably full slate of games 2 out of the last 5 years), it would be nice for some depth.  Of course crappy depth, isn't real depth. But I'm not sure there's much competition for Perine. A few flashy pre-season runs mean squat. Go ask Lache Seastrunk how that worked out. Not sure any of the other backs are trusted enough in other aspects of the game to make the 53.

On 8/18/2019 at 6:46 PM, joeken24 said:

Ankle sprain. Not sure what grade.

It was "friendly fire" from one of our guys who rolled up on him during that stupid punt return for a TD Thursday.  He was carted off so think it's on the serious side but it's a shame really because he was having a good camp.  Maybe they can stash him on IR like they're doing with Love!

I am totally fine with no reps for Guice this preseason.

Is it really going to benefit our offense for Guice to get 4 carries, when I think its obvious AP is going to be the lead back?  I highly doubt it, and high skill backs just improvise on the fly anyways. He will get a few carries to spell AP to start the year but I want Jay to have a quick leash if AP can't do squat on any given Sunday. AP shouldn't need 20 carries to be AP. Our injury prone backs should all benefit from load sharing and when Guice does get in there, I want to see him used in the passing game dammit. 

Talk about a 1 dimensional offense. The only back we ever pass to, is Chris Thompson. This must change and it starts with Guice.

Archived