Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

30 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

"kicked in the calf"...

sounds a lot like that "rural" practice of "cow-tipping"

Or, it sounds like a $100 bounty was placed by the OL on him, so they stop getting beaten like a rented mule in practice every day.

Ha maybe it was the new sheriff on that left side, who knows how to squash an over exuberant camp rookie  :ols:

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

"kicked in the calf"...

sounds a lot like that "rural" practice of "cow-tipping"

Fun fact - My brother got accepted to Harvard when he was 16.  In his application essay for admission, he made the argument that Harvard would be more diverse if he was there, since Ivy League schools don't have many students with cultural experiences that include cow tipping.  He could tell all the city kids about the techniques and lessons learned from cow tipping in South Dakota.

50 minutes ago, Nerm said:

Fun fact - My brother got accepted to Harvard when he was 16.  In his application essay for admission, he made the argument that Harvard would be more diverse if he was there, since Ivy League schools don't have many students with cultural experiences that include cow tipping.  He could tell all the city kids about the techniques and lessons learned from cow tipping in South Dakota.

GoodSmallFlyingfox-size_restricted.gif

Has anyone else noticed the tension between Derrius Guice and J P Finlay?  I think it’s pretty clear Derrius doesn’t like him.  I wonder what that’s about?  Derrius can’t get through an interview without taking a shot or two.  Just recently told JP to “go back and read.”

58 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Guice overall comes across as immature and childish so I’m not surprised. 

Based off his tweets and interviews, i get why some teams were off him in the draft. He’s not a bad guy at all. He’s just REALLY child like and kinda annoying and I’m sure it wears on people after a while 

But it doesn’t seem that Finlay is annoyed, it’s more that Guice is annoyed with Finlay.  Jay Gruden snapped at Finlay a little in his press conference when Finlay asked about Trent Williams also. 

4 hours ago, Vanguard said:

But it doesn’t seem that Finlay is annoyed, it’s more that Guice is annoyed with Finlay.  Jay Gruden snapped at Finlay a little in his press conference when Finlay asked about Trent Williams also. 

Maybe Finlay just rubs people the wrong way.

In fact, he's annoying me just talking about him. ;)

Montez Sweat

The early results in practice have been exceptional. He has been nothing but a bully in the early going of practices, using his rare blend of size, speed and power to overwhelm linemen and blockers on the left and right sides of the line. It would be interesting to see what Sweat would look like doing battle with perennial Pro Bowler Trent Williams, but until Williams’ holdout is resolved, we’re only left to imagine.

The coaching staff has used Sweat with his hand in the ground, standing, and in coverage, which has been one of the most interesting things to watch as he holds his own, for the most part, with the running backs, on special teams. As it is, the battle between him and Anderson has pretty much been a 50-50 deal regarding splits, and the coaching staff has had him on the field with the ones as the team runs through the walkthrough. In addition to his coverage, Sweat has been a headache for the quarterbacks as his length has allowed him to disrupt any passes with his range.

https://theathletic.com/1091949/2019/07/31/redskins-training-camp-confidential-linebacking-corp-looking-to-identify-a-leader/

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Good stuff about Martin.

He seems to be learning quick.

At this rate, it wouldn't surprise me to see him Opening Day Starter at LG

I mean, it's between him and...(cricket noises)...uhh...nobody?

I suppose it's too early to write off Flowers at Guard, but if he had been playing noticeably better inside than outside, wouldn't we have heard that?  There's the Thuney guy we brought in, but he's been out of the league for awhile, and often hurt when he was in the league.  Is there even anyone else?  Pierschbacher, but unless I'm mistaken, has mostly been at Center in Camp?

36 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I mean, it's between him and...(cricket noises)...uhh...nobody?

I suppose it's too early to write off Flowers at Guard, but if he had been playing noticeably better inside than outside, wouldn't we have heard that?  There's the Thuney guy we brought in, but he's been out of the league for awhile, and often hurt when he was in the league.  Is there even anyone else?  Pierschbacher, but unless I'm mistaken, has mostly been at Center in Camp?

Good points.  I said from the minute we drafted Martin that he was opening day LG.  I would think that Bergstrom is the back up center.  I cant really understand why they would put Pierschbacher at C when its clear we would need more depth at Guard.  However, Im pretty sure Piercebacher can play Guard Its hard to see Flowers making the team with the depth and youth we have inside. 

Archived