Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

23 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Not much in the way of tweets, but apparently all 3 QB's looked like refried ass today. Similar to yesterday apparently. Missing reads/throws, a few picks. Not sure if it's just a random bad day or two, or if the defense is just catching on to the O's tricks.

I would hope it's a give and take.  If one side is dominating every practice, that probably means you've got one side of the ball that's screwed.  

But I look at training camp practices like spring training.  I dont expect everything to be crisp and sharp.  That's why you do all this 6 weeks before the first game.

34 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I guess I have to pump my breaks a little.  But I’m thinking more, let’s get all our horses out on the field and see what they can do.  Sweat would be starting for me, but just on a very few amount of snaps.

You want a good Edge rotation regardless.  Even if Sweat pans out immediately, we would still need Anderson to improve and be worth more snaps.

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

You want a good Edge rotation regardless.  Even if Sweat pans out immediately, we would still need Anderson to improve and be worth more snaps.

Hoping Brailford shows enough to make the team and fill in on rotation and as injuries mount later in the season. Depth is key (as you say).

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Can't help but wonder why is this still an issue, year after year ?

Right?? After next year, i hope they move camp back to ashburn and use the bubble on rainy days. Although in that situation i dont think fans would be able to watch practice from the bubble🤔

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Right?? After next year, i hope they move camp back to ashburn and use the bubble on rainy days. Although in that situation i dont think fans would be able to watch practice from the bubble🤔

They probably wouldn't watch it in the Richmond mud either, anyway right ?

So, it's a wash. No pun intended.

Just now, JaxJoe said:

You sound shocked?

Uh well yeah this milk I've been hooking him up with should make him invincible. Haha...at least the other customers who drink it feel that way lol

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think teams intentionally hold their Training Camps away from their "home city area", and do that for multiple reasons.

So I don't envision moving TC to Ashburn any time soon.

And I've always wonder why..the Patriots have practice right there where they play..the whole 9 yards all in one 

24 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think teams intentionally hold their Training Camps away from their "home city area", and do that for multiple reasons.

So I don't envision moving TC to Ashburn any time soon.

About half the league does. Some of the most successful teams don't. So I don't think it really matters that much. 

It used to be a team bonding thing where you isolate the players and build your culture...but it's 2019. You can't block the world out, because of the internet. And it's the era of FA, every player is a mercenary and every team sees them as disposable. It's not like the old days, there's no loyalty on either side for the most part and going away for training camp used to be a big part of cultivating that. 

25 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

And I've always wonder why..the Patriots have practice right there where they play..the whole 9 yards all in one 

Tha Pats must have super grass fed by unpasteurized cow milk to last them through training camp and then the regular season.

Have you been making secret trips to Boston? Hmmmmm.....

Archived