Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Cooley was on with Galdi not long after news broke that Trent was going to hold out and said that Penn and Trent are friends, and it's the only reason he could think of as to why Penn wasn't signed by the Skins yet.

Do you also believe Trent is done in DC?

Sorta sucks for Jay...you have to make the playoffs this year or your fired...by the way you need to do it with a high pick rookie either starting or riding the bench with the fan base calling for him and your best player is holding out.  Oh, here's the schedule.  Oof!

5 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

Sorta sucks for Jay...you have to make the playoffs this year or your fired...by the way you need to do it with a high pick rookie either starting or riding the bench with the fan base calling for him and your best player is holding out.  Oh, here's the schedule.  Oof!

"and by the way, if it's anything like the last 2 years, get ready to stash 22 players including 10 starters on IR for the year !"

Redskins TE Jordan Reed feeling 'more explosive'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001038157/article/redskins-te-jordan-reed-feeling-more-explosive

The 29-year-old said he's finally feeling like his explosion is returning.

"My feet are definitely getting stronger, way stronger than last year," he said, via ESPN. "I feel more explosive, and I feel a lot better."

Two separate tweets, one from Benjamin Albright and another from Patriots beat reporter, are saying trading for Trent is being discussed with other teams. Couple this with Penn saying he wanted to play for a team he could start for and spoke with Trent before signing, tell me that moving Trent in a trade is probably in the works. 

Please lets get a more than few teams bidding for his services so the asking price gets driven up. On a side note, I love TW as a player and would love to see him play for the Pats and contend for a Super Bowl. 

I am just getting back into town after travel and may not have the latest info but has there been any updates on Sweat's injury? Hoping it's nothing but thus far there has been little to no signs of the typical Washington injury bug that always seems to find us so I am almost expecting something bad...

6 minutes ago, redskindan07 said:

I am just getting back into town after travel and may not have the latest info but has there been any updates on Sweat's injury? Hoping it's nothing but thus far there has been little to no signs of the typical Washington injury bug that always seems to find us so I am almost expecting something bad...

Apparently someone kicked his calf and/or he had some cramps. So far the reports seem to say nothing serious. 

If he talked to Trent and he thinks he has a chance to start.....its not because he thinks he can take Trents job. Trent is done here. Shame cause I like him. But im more than a little salty he decided he wanted more money and put that over the season when we need him the most. After the skins stuck with him through his high AF days too. 

And yes I know players dont owe us anything, but im still salty about it. 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001038157/article/redskins-te-jordan-reed-feeling-more-explosive

"My feet are definitely getting stronger, way stronger than last year," he said, via ESPN. "I feel more explosive, and I feel a lot better."

I’m sorry, but I’m tired of hearing about how Jordan Reed feels, and what he says he’s going to do.  On game day either he gets hurt, or we don’t use him enough.

48 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I’m sorry, but I’m tired of hearing about how Jordan Reed feels, and what he says he’s going to do.  On game day either he gets hurt, or we don’t use him enough.

Well its training camp.  I would imagine this is just about all your going to hear from people.... 

8 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

Well its training camp.  I would imagine this is just about all your going to hear from people.... 

Wake me up when Reed has another season like 2015.  900 yards, and eleven touchdowns.  That’s the Jordan Reed we need. 

Anyone think Thornton has a shot at being a decent starting LG ?

As a Rookie in 2013, he started 12 games, plus 2 playoff games.

Then started 8 games his 2nd year.

After that, he struggled with 3 injuries, which probably led to his early retirement.

Also spent time in the AAF this year, so he hasn't been inactive that long.

If he can stay healthy, he may have an impact.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Doctson having  great camp too

I don't know. I'm so tired of getting excited for Doctson that when he makes plays I think it's more a reflection of how bad the DB is playing. 

Feels sad to say, but it's true.

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

Yeah, he's been hurt so often that it's counter productive to actively have him in the game plan. I'd expect the same usage as last year. He's a nice mismatch, but never really the focal point of the offense. 

One big question - How has Haskins looked? Has he emerged as the best passer on the team? I know it's early, but he's probably in one of 3 areas; 1 - over his head, 2 - on par with Colt/Case, 3 - taking charge. 

I want to see him in the #3 category, but also know he's raw and it will take time. 

14 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I don't know. I'm so tired of getting excited for Doctson that when he makes plays I think it's more a reflection of how bad the DB is playing. 

I'm just stating facts and current events, not making predictions when I say things like that.

You're free to interpret it however you wish.

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yeah, as in one of his limbs is about to explode.

Archived